Notices

Im New!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Im New!

Hello everyone!
I just joined FitDay today. I was hoping I could get an email buddy or someone to help me be accountable. I am 27, married with a 3yr old. I have never done anything like this before. Typically I gain between 5 and 10 pounds and then when I realize it I lose it, or most of it. However, I recently just put on 20lbs. Its funny because I love to run and I can run distance, but I can never find the time! I know thats everyone's excuse and thats why I would like to have an accountability partner!
Please respond if you're interested!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi!

I just joined today also, I'm 26 married and finally realized I need to push myself more to start losing weight. If you wanna be buddies that would be great!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

That sounds great! I would love to! What is your current level of fitness? What are your goals? Thanks so much for replying.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Great! Right now I try and go to the gym with my husband 3x a week, but its hard with the kind of work he does. But I do cardio on the treadmill and weight-training. I have only done the treadmill for about 4 months and have been doing brisk walks for 10-15min. at 3.5 speed with a 2.5% incline, and need to start pushing myself to do jogging soon.

And the weight training is chest, triceps,back,legs,biceps,shoulders, not in that order though hehe.

My goal weight is to be 110, right now am 149 and am 5'2''.

What about you?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

I run when I can. I like to run between 3 and 5 miles, and I can do so comfortably, but I don't really have the time. Last September I ran a 1/2 marathon, but I did so not being in that great of shape. I was just lighter last year than now. You are so committed!! I already like that about you! I work at a pretty sedentary job. I sit most of the day but I try to walk at break and lunch time. I would really like to build into my routine to just get up in the morning and take a jog. Its hard though because I have to be at work by 7a.
Anyway, I'm 5'6'' and right now I am pretty close to 180. I would really like to be in the 155 to 160 range. That is pretty thin for me.
Do you think there is a better way for us to contact each other? I saw something about having a 'friend list' on here. That would be nice to leave you a direct message.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah I think if you click on my name you can "add as friend" but not sure how to do private messages.