Notices

Post Gastric Bypass

Old 08-04-2010, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Post Gastric Bypass

I had a very successful Gastric Bypass Surgery in 2000- went from a 26 to 6-8. I started with back/neck pain/chronic fatigue. I am now suffering degenerating disc / spinal disease and my body is now fighting workouts, walking and I have gained 20 pounds back and I am devastated and angry at myself. I will fight this and lose the 20 pounds. Thanks for listening
Old 08-04-2010, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Mawdukes =).
You're doing the right thing by seeking out support. Those health setbacks, while frustrating, will not keep you from your goals. The people on this forum are so encouraging & helpful, and the tools on this site are wonderful for helping you stay accountable.

Chat with us, vent with us, hang in there with us and you'll do it!

PS - Congrats on your wonderful success with the weight loss surgery too. That's no small achievement.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mawdukes
I had a very successful Gastric Bypass Surgery in 2000- went from a 26 to 6-8. I started with back/neck pain/chronic fatigue. I am now suffering degenerating disc / spinal disease and my body is now fighting workouts, walking and I have gained 20 pounds back and I am devastated and angry at myself. I will fight this and lose the 20 pounds. Thanks for listening

Don't be angry at yourself! That's not going to help you! Just stay determined. I also have degenerative disease in my lower spine (and currently I have a herniated disc as well). Stretching and exercise has always helped the pain... swimming is great too. I always noticed that the more I let the pain prevent me from doing things, the stiffer and more painful it got!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

I too had gastric bypass in 2000 and was very successful, I lost 150 lbs. I gained alot (most) of it back in the last few years when my husband got sick and we were in the hospital for a year before he's gotten better. Thank God!
I'm now trying to go back to eating healthy and want to lose the weight. It's harder this time because the weight's not coming off as fast as it did. It's coming off and I have tons of energy though!
This site has been very helpful with the food tracking and all the other cool tools they offer.
Good luck to you!