Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

I have gone and done my signature but it doesn't seem to be showing on my posts. I do have checked for it to show. Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Last edited by KimmNoble; 08-23-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: And there it is! :O) Never mind!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing with their weight loss? I am doing pretty good. Slow and steady so far. This is the longest I've stuck with it for a very long time. I'm back to work today after a week of holidays and feeling tired. I need to get exercise back into my routine soon.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by KimmNoble
I have gone and done my signature but it doesn't seem to be showing on my posts. I do have checked for it to show. Anyone know what I've done wrong?
Kimm,
You need to make it public, but you also need to copy the URL to your fitness journal and paste that link in your signature. I believe there is an icon when you edit your User CP that allows you to add a link.

BTW, welcome to the group! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Best regards,
Smoosh
Old 08-23-2010, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the new folks, and congrats to those seeing successes on the scale and in measurements. Well done!

I'm back to work after a nice, relaxing 3 weeks off, but I still managed to get in a walk with the dogs and a half hour swim with the hubby. That's a good start to the week! I'm looking forward to weighing in next week (Sept 1st) and see how the month turns out. Have a healthy week, everyone!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
Kimm,
You need to make it public, but you also need to copy the URL to your fitness journal and paste that link in your signature. I believe there is an icon when you edit your User CP that allows you to add a link.

BTW, welcome to the group! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Best regards,
Smoosh
Thanks, I have done it now.

Thanks for the welcome too! it took some work but did manage to get up over1000 finally today! still not there though till 12:30 am. I will have to work on my sleep schedule for sure.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Sedentary Sloth

I am a sloth. I hang around the house and only move to eat.

At least that was the case for years. Now that I am trying to change my eating habits it is affecting other habits. Housework has never been a routine for me, just do as is needed. I am changing this in hopes of developing a 'joy' towards routine. Eventually hoping that this will get me to a place that I will have a routine for exercising and eating properly. One step at a time.

I know that this may be straight forward for you all but for me, well, I guess not having kids (to watch/learn from me) I became a sloth. My plan, started yesterday, is to not only do the dishes but dry and put away in the evening. I so enjoy a clean (no dishes in the sink) kitchen, clean counters, swept floor and so on when I wake up in the morning. So if I do not do it at night, no one will. My clean kitchen gives me a sense of well-being, like I can start a new day with a clean (no pun intended) slate. Keep your fingers crossed that it will last long enough to become second nature.

Carren
Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Good afternoon ladies!

I had a busy weekend. Felt well enough to swim on Saturday, then spent some time with my family Saturday night & Sunday.

Weight-loss is going well. I lost 1lb last week and weighed in at 230.6lbs yesterday. My goal for the end of August is 228lbs, which will be 25lbs total lost. The way my losses have slowed down lately, I don't know if I can drop 2.6 lbs by the 1st, but I'm at least going to try!

I also lost a total of 2.5 inches in my measurements...losing a half-inch or inch on my chest, waist, hips, one of my calves & forearms. That's 17.5 inches lost so far!

Feeling good this week & ready to get back into a normal exercise routine. I'm excited because college starts next week & my first class is next Monday. I'll also be getting a gym membership, which will be great because I'm started to get a bit bored with the treadmill.

Congrats on everyone's weight & measurement losses, and most of all, congrats on working hard to be healthy! I'm so proud of everyone!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 PM
FitDay Member

I'm having a bit of a crisis today and I wonder if anyone can help?

Once I've reached my first major mini-goal of getting under 250lbs I wanted to reward myself with a day-out. Although I live in a major city there's really not a lot to do that doesn't involve eating-out or clothes shopping. (Too things I'm not quite ready for yet.)

So I was thinking about a local theme park. But it's been a good 4 years since going to a theme park, and since then I've probably gone up about 3 dress sizes and I am terrified of being turned away from rides for being too fat! I remember some rides being a snug fit... The embarrassment of being turned away infront of loads of people for being overweight would definitely crack me. Has anyone had this problem?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

I remember those bars/belts being snug also ( and not for saftey reasons), and I remember there being a height requirement but never a weight restriction. The only 2 things I can suggest is, to 1) stay on the rides that dont need a tighter bar.. merry go round, ferris wheel .. those kinds of things. And 2.. as you are walking around, casually walk by a ride and ask the man ( or woman ) running the ride if there are any size/weight restrictions on any ride.. they put ppl on rides all day long so they should be able to visually look and tell you so you wouldnt risk the embarrassment in front of other riders. And you could relax if they look at you and say you would be fine or your fine for most but avoid X,Y, Z.

Problem with both these things is you would have to buy the admission cost possiblly to find out you can't ride some/most rides. But its also possible you can. It really depends on your body shape.

At Cedar Point ( Ohio) and 6Flags (IL and TX) there is no weight limit as long as the restraining belts fit.

I would guess.. if you can fit into a single seat on a plane without an extention belt, you will be fine. If your shape is larger than that, then maybe consider something different this time and save the theme park for a different treat a little further down the road?

Last edited by GameGal; 08-25-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the advice Pam.
I'm about 5'7 and a UK size 22/24, so I think that's about a US size 18/20? I've never not been able to fit in a ride, but I went to a small fair about this time last year and I remember being on a ride where the guy had to virtually sit on the bar for it to lock over my thighs. It was so painful during the ride and afterwards I ached for a week. All the other rides were fine, so I guess it does depend on the restraints. Maybe I'll leave these particular treat until I've reached 200lbs, and go see a show this time.
Thank you again.
~ Boo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.