Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-12-2010, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all the new voices here, it's a great bunch, very supportive, I always come away from this thread motivated and feeling strong about the diet/lifestyle changes I'm trying to make.

Anyway I have some good news and some bad news, the bad new is that I went to a potluck last night, I watched what I ate, but there were certainly some unknowns on that plate and I just couldn't deal with trying to log it all once I got home (the first time I haven't logged since joining fitday). The good news is that I got the stomach flu during the night, so I don't have to worry about those calories anymore.... Well I guess the good news and the bad news are sort of interchangeable today eh? I'm still feeling sluggish and sick to my stomach, but so far I've logged my calories for the day and they seem to be staying put.

mstaff, I don't know if you're calories and workout are causing your fatigue, I felt exhausted just reading your schedule... Have you taken a long hard look at your pie chart? What do your ratios look like? Maybe you need to swap out some carbs for some protein or fats. I don't know. When I first started doing this I too was exhausted, but that's evened out with adding more protein in to my diet and dropping my carb intake.

Well I gotta go it's time to make the pickles...
Old 08-12-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mstaff4564
So I'm upping the calories & dialing down the exercise a bit. I'm still going to do intense workouts 4 days a week, but the other 3 are going to be slower activity days...yoga, walks, playing the Wii, etc.

This is going to likely cause not so pretty scale results for the next few weeks while my body readjusts. And I'll probably start seeing a more average loss of 1-2lbs a week. But if I have more energy & I feel better, I will be more likely to stick with this for the long haul, and I can be patient with a slower loss.
It's such a hard thing to watch the weight come off more slowly when you are used to a faster progress, but I think it is so smart. You have to be able to maintain it over the long haul without feeling like crap and wanting to give up. Don't be disappointed in 1-2 lbs a week! Before you know it, one week rolls into another and you've lost a bunch of weight that you are much more likely to keep off. Celebrate each pound for the progress it represents, and be very very proud of your work, no matter how slow it feels.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

I just bought this book today called "Such a pretty face" by cathy lamb. If you like to read, check it out... It's about a woman who loses 170 lbs (I think through surgery)... but its a novel, so its not about HOW she lost it, its about the emotional side of it. Sounds really interesting
Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Welcome to all the new voices here, it's a great bunch, very supportive, I always come away from this thread motivated and feeling strong about the diet/lifestyle changes I'm trying to make.

Anyway I have some good news and some bad news, the bad new is that I went to a potluck last night, I watched what I ate, but there were certainly some unknowns on that plate and I just couldn't deal with trying to log it all once I got home (the first time I haven't logged since joining fitday). The good news is that I got the stomach flu during the night, so I don't have to worry about those calories anymore.... Well I guess the good news and the bad news are sort of interchangeable today eh? I'm still feeling sluggish and sick to my stomach, but so far I've logged my calories for the day and they seem to be staying put.

mstaff, I don't know if you're calories and workout are causing your fatigue, I felt exhausted just reading your schedule... Have you taken a long hard look at your pie chart? What do your ratios look like? Maybe you need to swap out some carbs for some protein or fats. I don't know. When I first started doing this I too was exhausted, but that's evened out with adding more protein in to my diet and dropping my carb intake.

Well I gotta go it's time to make the pickles...
Glad to hear your calories for the day look good. Unhappy to hear about your experience last night...yuck!

Thanks for the advice. I didn't really think about it, but you have a point. I got an energy boost about 2 weeks after I cut my carbs down to 55%, and I've been staying at 50-55% ever since. This may be OK for most people, but the more I've read about insulin resistance & PCOS, the more I wonder if I should shave it down even more. I'm going to try to aim for 45-50% and see what happens. I'll need to give it a few weeks to know for sure.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

Hi, everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Amy and I have 120 pounds to lose. I just started my latest attempt to lose weight yesterday, and I hope Fitday will help me along the way.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Amy, I think you will find this particular group of FD very understanding, supportive and can kick butt when needed
Old 08-13-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

This week has been frustrating, I have exercised more, ate better, and I am losing less Its very disappointing
Old 08-13-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
This week has been frustrating, I have exercised more, ate better, and I am losing less Its very disappointing
*hugs* Chunky, hang in there hon! Try not to let the scale be the gauge of your success. Every day you make wise choices, think about your health & fitness, get in some movement, blog about your feelings, believe in yourself, don't give up... those are all the success markers!

It's hard, I know. I tend to get on the scale everyday and the numbers fluxuate. But so what... we are doing things now that we haven't been doing, and in the long run that will benefit us greatly!

When you start feeling down, or having negative thoughts about your progress, remind yourself of how far you've come! You are doing great! While we want to rush to get to our destination, really, what's the hurry? Let's enjoy the ride and know we're on our way.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday! TGIF! Have a fun & fit weekend. Treat yourself to something special (non-food related) and remember, we're all works in progress.

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 08-13-2010, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh

When you start feeling down, or having negative thoughts about your progress, remind yourself of how far you've come! You are doing great! While we want to rush to get to our destination, really, what's the hurry? Let's enjoy the ride and know we're on our way.

Thanks. I KNOW this, but I tend to forget! I feel empowered, but its not because of the scale, its because I am taking control of my body and my life, so why should I feel less empowered? I guess maybe because I feel like I can't control my body ENOUGH LOL. However, two days this week, I walked a mile. I have not walked a mile since before I hurt my back... and even then, it was rare and very difficult. And I am planning on joining the gym and actually using it... And I am eating probably half the calories I was a month ago..... AND I have stuck with this for almost a month now (started July 17th) without having ANY days that were a total bust! I KNOW I have a lot to be proud of. But the pounds dropping are a huge motivation obviously! LOL.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Have you been doing body measurements too Chunky? I know the scale hasn't really moved for me the past few days, but when I took my measurements last Monday I had a decrease in most areas which was really exciting!

Do you weigh yourself more than once a week? If so, maybe you'll want to consider doing it just once or twice a week so it doesn't discourage you or make you lose sight of all the other cool things you've done. Wow, walking a mile? I hope to get to that point soon! =)

I did two laps around my block, which felt like a mile, but LOL... I'm sure it's less than 1/2 a mile. I need to map it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.