Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
45 lbs. to lose  looking for partners... >

45 lbs. to lose looking for partners...

Community
Notices

45 lbs. to lose looking for partners...

Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Red face newbie!

Hi everyone! I'm starting my diet today and I hope that, with support and great tips, I'll be able to meet my goal by March/April of 2011. I am going to the gym 4 times a week and doing 30-40 minutes of cardio and 15-20 of weight lifting (for toning purposes).

One question I have is: what do you do when you get a craving? I love all different types of food and often, when I am bored, I find my mind wandering to the cupboards. Any tips?

Starting weight: 157 (8-23-10)
Mini Goal weight: 130 (12-25-10)
Goal weight: 115 (3-25-11)
Height: 5'3
Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Wink Cravings

Originally Posted by heartenigma88
One question I have is: what do you do when you get a craving? I love all different types of food and often, when I am bored, I find my mind wandering to the cupboards. Any tips?
Many times when I have cravings it's because I need protein or something green. A salad usually won't do it. It has to be kale or something really green... hah..

Also, I just don't buy things that I don't want myself eating. This is hard with kids and husband, but still I try. Like you, if I get cravings I start browsing the pantry. If the crap isn't there though I won't eat it. I try to remember that this is not a temporary change, it is a lifestyle of health I am trying to build, so why buy it?

One more - I love apples, they're sweet, juicy, and crisp, and cold. I make sure I always have them in the fridge. When I must graze i get an apple out and slice it up, leave it on a plate and help myself to a piece as often as I want. Sometimes it is the hand to mouth motion that is so compelling I think. Is there something that you really like eating that is not so bad that you can keep on hand to satisfy the urge?

Well, I've shared enough of my psychology today - yikes. I hope something was helpful.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

I also buy things like low carb ice cream bars at 100 calories and 4 carbs. I also buy low carb Atkins bars and I have them for snacks or sometimes a meal on the go. They taste like candy bars to me and it gets my chocolate cravings under control. I have a very low metabolism, so carbs do me in. I also tend to do something with my hands when I get bored, I have 3 teen boys so there is something that always need cleaning or fixed. lol Hope this helps.
---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 182lbs (8-24-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step."
Old 08-24-2010, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default spinach!

Originally Posted by alreadydoingit
Is there something that you really like eating that is not so bad that you can keep on hand to satisfy the urge?
I love apples, oranges, carrots, and spinach, and I think that your suggestion of having really green and healthy foods is great - I just bought a SUPER big pack of spinach, and whenever I get the munchies I just grab a handful of the spinach, toss some pepper and balsamic vinegar on it, and munch. It's good and definitely satisfies the hand to mouth need lol.

It's hard eating healthy in a house that constantly buys carb-loaded foods, but I have been focusing on my goal...I think that spending at least 5 minutes a day focusing on your goals can significantly help in maintaining your will power. Good luck!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies,

May l join you? I would like to lose about 40 lbs and l just joined the site today. I have no clear plan, so if anyone wants to share theirs l would really appreciate it.

My previous attempts at losing weight have been to work out with a fitness trainer 2x a week but after 6 months lve lost only 10lbs so l supsect that my biggest problem is my diet. I have just recently started taking meal replacement shakes in the morning to cut down the calories (against my trainer's advice), but at this point l sort of want results.

So if any of you ladies have simple plans esp with regards to the diet part of it please share your experiences.

I look forward to reading all your success stories in Dec.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Room for one more?

Hello Everyone,
I am also a newbie - just joining yesterday I really enjoy this site and have found the posts to be very inspirational. I have about 60-65 pounds to lose to reach my goal and am striving to do it in around 12 months. I already have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks by cutting out all white flour foods (whole wheat or grains only), no added sugar (lucky for me sweets aren't my downfall), increased veggie intake and walking on the treadmill at a quick pace for at least 30 minutes 4 mornings a week. I know this weight loss will slow once my body starts to adjust to the healtier style so I am going to be patient
My biggest problem was finding the time to exercise ( I work full-time, go to school full-time and take care of a farm full of animals) - so now I make sure to get up at least 30 minutes early in the morning. I cannot tell you what a difference this had made - I have soo much more energy throughout the day after exercising
Fridays are good for me with the weigh-ins too!
Glad to be part of the group...

SW: 217 lbs (8-1-10)
CW:207 lbs. (8-14-10)
Mini Goal 180 lbs. (10-15-10)
GOAL WEIGHT: 145-150(8-1-11)
Height 5'6"
Old 08-26-2010, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Did you exercise today?

Hey all,
welcome sunshine and lybilly! It's great to have more people here.

I thought it might be helpful for us to post what our exercise and eating habits are. I know it benefits me to read your ideas and plans - I am always inspired by reading your posts.
There was another thread - something like "did you exercise today?" After I read it I just wanted to get up and go exercise so I could come back and type what I had done too ....

So, did you exercise today?

G
Old 08-26-2010, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can't post tomorrow

Hello Everyone,

I will not be able to post tomorrow, so thought I would just weigh-in today if that was okay. I was happy to see the scale move down another 2.4lbs (207 to 204.6) - yea

Will log back in on Saturday - have a great weekend everyone!

SW: 217 lbs (8-1-10)
CW:204.6 lbs. (8-26-10)
Mini Goal 180 lbs. (10-15-10)
GOAL WEIGHT: 145-150(8-1-11)
Height 5'6"
Old 08-27-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Friday weigh-in

Well, I am still at 176. Dang. Maybe this is just my prep time....
good luck to all!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Default Friday Weigh In

I've lost one pound. Not alot this week. I have had a rough week and fallen off the wagon a couple of times. My kids went back to school and my Uncle died and buried. I had to deal with family that thinks that " at home mom " is a dirty word. I work part time as a substitute teacher, full time mom, and also run a prek/k football league in the fall and T-Ball in the spring and yet to them I'm JUST an at home mom. AGHHH!!!!!!! I haven't even had a chance to workout. I feel awful about eating wrong and not working out, just blew the whole week. Maybe this next week things will be alot less stressful and I'll be able to get back on track. (Sorry to rant).
--------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 182lbs (8-5-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.