Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
45 lbs. to lose  looking for partners... >

45 lbs. to lose looking for partners...

Community
Notices

45 lbs. to lose looking for partners...

Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alreadydoingit
I'm so glad there is something going on here. I have had a disappointing week with working out and eating. Somehow all my willpower is dissolved and my kids have kept me up all night so I'm exhausted and haven't worked out.... It is great to look and see other people working on it though. I have not lost a single pound this week, but haven't gained at least. Renew strength tomorrow I'm also going to include my numbers too....
I definitely hear you. My kids are older now, but when they were smaller it was almost impossible to workout because I was exhausted. They are older, but are still pains at time (teenagers). Last night a friend brought over a German Chocolate cake. My kids kept wanting me to eat a piece. I didn't, even went for a walk with a good friend who is starting to walk to lose weight. I weighed this morning and I weighed 188lbs, gained 1 pound even though I stayed on track with diet and exercise. I have a really BAD habit of weigh every morning and get really upset when I go up (I know it is probably water gain). Each morning I try to have me time to get myself focused for today's battle ( I call this my war on obesity). I found a 15 min workout that is easy to fit into my schedule on days I don't go to gym. I use my ankle weights all day. When I am sitting, I do leg lifts and walking with them on burns extra calories. Sometimes letting yourself have one day off gives you the rest you need to kick butt the next day. Keep your chin up, we're here for you.
---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 188 lbs (8-10-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step"
Old 08-11-2010, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

I'd like to join you, too! I am in a formal weight loss program (just started 2 weeks ago) and the first week I lost over 3 pounds, and this week, doing everything I was supposed to do (food journal, 4x exercising, never more than 1200 calories, etc.) I lost .4 lbs! Anyone else have that sort of thing happen? It is hard to work that hard and not see any results worth speaking of!
Current weight: 188
Old 08-11-2010, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

I have found that when I do lose weight, I will have a couple weeks of not much and then may drop several pounds in one week. It averages out to about 2 lbs a week, but it isn't the same every week. It's almost like my body is preparing and then it happens. Just keep at it - it will work!

So, I did get up and work out this morning. I was tired, but it felt good to get some exercise. Eating was better too. Nothing too bad except for watermellon! It's too good and cold to resist.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Starting out with no direction...but determined nonetheless!

Hi ladies!

I decided this week to make a change. It would be nice to trade tips and share our success as we go along.

My starting weight is 180

My mini goal is to lose 10 pounds this month! (By September 10)

I have started walking/jogging and I have started to lower the amount of cals a day.

I am excited and determined but am afraid to get discouraged and quit which has been my problem these past couple of years.

Nona
Old 08-14-2010, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi. I would love to join this group if you have room. My ultimate goal is to drop 58lbs. and boy has it been hard. Easy at 1st and weight comes off great, but once I have issues going on in my life I get stressed and start eating like crazy and not exercising. I really need a group to talk to for support to keep motivated or to get through those stress times so I don't just through in the towel. I started in June @197lbs I droped about 18lbs of that, but have gained it all back already. Let me know if we have weigh in days and I will be there. Thanks soooo much!!!

CW: 197lbs
1st GW: 165lbs
Final GW: 140lbs. by April 2011 ( or sooner )
Old 08-14-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi to both of you! We definately have room....
We are weighing on Fridays, but just getting started - so if this doesn't work for some reason, we can change.
I have the same problem with getting stressed or busy. I stop exercising and start eating whatever is in front of me. I think it is a family problem. Our family culture is to visit and snack. Anyway, my goal is to change my life - so that exercise is not remedial, but it is what I do to be healthy all the time, not just when I am overweight. Also so that I have healthy eating habits all the time, not just to lose weight. So, that is my challenge. I like to say I am already doing it, it's just a process that I have to keep working on.
So, enough of that.
I really hope that having this forum helps me to get through those stress times more successfully. I look forward to your support and inspiration!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Friday weigh-in

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday.
08-13-10, 176 lbs.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't get to post yesterday, but did weigh in at 186 lbs. (8-13-10). Did see a little size come off. I had a quarter of an inch off at my chest, waist, hip, and arms. YEAH!!

---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 186 lbs (8-13-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step,"
Old 08-17-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, do you still have room for me to join your group? I have more than 45lbs to lose more like 60, but would love to join your weekly weight in to keep me on track.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Hedgiehog
Hello, do you still have room for me to join your group? I have more than 45lbs to lose more like 60, but would love to join your weekly weight in to keep me on track.
Welcome, it doesn't matter how much you have to lose, all are welcomed here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.