Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/20 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/20

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/20

Old 07-20-2010, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 7/20

Hi Ladies! How has your week been?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Last week was good. I exercised every morning and a light workout in the evening. My heart rate monitor said I burned 2700 calories in my workouts last week. I have still been eating healthy and passed up on a couple temptations. My only problem is snacking when I cook. I am snacking on healthy foods (usually nuts) but those calories sneak in and I try to account for them but I'm not sure I am. I will have to work on not snacking. I becoming addicted to sugar free gum to keep me from wanting to eat between meals! My weight is the same (141.6). I did not think I would plateau this early but I seem to have maintained this weight for two weeks. I was encouraged some this weekend because my husband kept complimenting me on my legs and yesterday I was feeling pretty good in my bathing suit. I'm starting to see more definition in some areas so I'll focus on how nice that is.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Amber
Old 07-20-2010, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Amber! Feeling good in a bathing suit is almost worth more than any number on the scale!

I am checking in to say that I have been doing really well. I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks, so I don't really know what I weigh but my body and my mind feel good. Don't get me wrong, I still see where I'd like to lose weight but I'm trying to just be happy with my body right now, just the way it is, since I know even if I lose 2-3 pounds I will still look the same! I am guessing I weigh 125. My weekends are always the hard part, like for so many of us. However, this last weekend wasn't hard at all. I haven't been working out as hard, so I haven't been craving as much to eat. I think I'm in the yoga mood at the moment as I'm having tons of problems sleeping at night because I'm up worrying about things, and I find that yoga helps me to relax and sleep better, even though it isn't the same kind of calorie-burning workout that I am used to.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Amber and Julia- it sounds like you had a much better week than I did! Congrats on your progress! I struggled all week to maintain 137-138, and I was 137.4 when I left for a trip to the river on Friday. I didn't completely bomb on my eating, but the sodium and carbs really get to me now and I was up to 140 again this morning. I know that it's mostly water weight, but it's so frustrating!

I did eat lots of fruit and veggies, yogurt, lean protein... but I ate some junk too. I also drank some cranberry and vodkas and I know those didn't help! Anyway, now it's crunch time for our week long vacation... we leave Friday and we have so much going on in preparation. I'm hoping to get a workout or two in and be good with the eating so that I can get back to where I was before my river trip. The good news is that I felt great in my bikini over the weekend, and didn't feel like I needed to be in a cover up the whole time.

I'll be relaxing on a houseboat at this time next week, so I won't be checking in, but keep up the hard work ladies! I'm hoping I'll be up for a weigh in after my vacation... I'm a little nervous. No gym, no fitday, and too much food and booze around!

Good luck and have a great week!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Amber, Julia, you guys are definitely role models for accepting yourselves. I really need to follow your lead! Sounds like you are both doing great .

Well, vacation minus one day here. First I go to the House of Schizophrenic Food...my mom and my sister's family live together. My mom is a Carb Queen and has a ton of junk food in the house; my sister lost about 65 pounds on WW several years ago and is very nutrition-conscious. It is definitely two extremes, though my mom does keep much of her stuff back in her rooms, and my sister covers the other stuff with paper towels. However, I know there are Oreos, there, dammit, so I'm praying for willpower!

Then we hit the beach for a few days...all the old boardwalk favorites! I am going to do my best to make good choices (especially with all the seafood) but realistically I know I will indulge also, so I'm giving myself permission to do that. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have the discipline to keep exercising.

I'm not so much worried about the occasional slip up as I am about the mindset of slipping, then continuing to roll downhill !

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

**Sarah, just saw your post! Hope you have a great vacay as well! Congrats on feeling great in the bikini; I'm sure it looks fantastic!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everybody, Sounds like we are all working through staying on track during vacations and summer activities that can mess us up.
I am at where I was last Tuesday, although I had weighed myself before the weekend and had been down a pound, I know the weekend eating put me back up one (ok, and maybe a half). I have still been consistent about exercising at least 5 times a week. I actually like to workout, but think my body has settled into my routine and I have to figure out how to shake it up.

Cassie- I am sure you will do great over vacation.You have done so well maintaining all these weeks, you won't give it all up over a week at the beach. Somehow after reading your posts all these months you don't strike me as the type to have one "bad" week and never recover. Remember, we are here to keep you accountable.

Amber- Glad you are feeling good in a bathing suit. I think that is a huge accomplishment!

Julia-Sorry that you aren't sleeping well. Problems always seem more overwhelming at night. Have you tried a cup of tea at night or maybe writing down whatever is bothering you before bed and committing to not dealing with it until daytime?Hope you get some better sleep soon.

Sarah- You and I are at the same weight and I can sympathize with the up and down water weight gain. It is frustrating. My tip for your vacation is to decide how much alcohol you will allow yourself before you ever open it up. It seems that snacks/alcohol go hand in hand, so you have to plan ahead if you don't want to eat a bag of potato chips while washing it down with a drink (speaking from experience). I don't even want to think about how many calories that was
Old 07-22-2010, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

No change, AGAIN. I tell you, I'm disappointed, again. I've been over and over it on here so many times. I just get tired of no change, no change, little change, no change, no change. I wish I were strong enough to hover my calories around 1200 to 1300. However, when I do that, I don't have the energy to perform well at Kung fu. Do you adjust, eventually? My calories now end up averaging to 1500/day.

I so want an elliptical or treadmill for my home. I live in Gainesville, FL and it is soooo bloomin hot that most of the year, I just can't bear the idea of running. I'm not a fan of running as it is. I feel like I might actually do it if it were in front of a TV . Do you guys think it helps to have something like that in your home?

Julia, I'm with you on trying to become more comfortable and accepting of my body.

Sarah: I'm sure you are fine. Water retention sucks. Have a good time on vacation.

Cassie: have a good time on vacation.

Mambogirl: good luck shakin it up.