Notices

I'm baaack!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm baaack!

Vacation was a blast, I'm all nice and tan now...too bad that won't last. I did gain a little back, about 3.5 lbs, but that's no biggie. I ate a lot of smores, fudge, ice cream, and alcohol while I was gone, those things aren't on the menu at home. Really who can go to Mackinaw City and turn down fudge?? Didn't do the island this year, the boy is too small yet but my daughter wanted to see the Mackinac Bridge and it's only an hour drive from our vacation spot, so we made a day trip of it. I forgot my notebook so no food log while I was gone, probably a major contributing factor to the gain. I did hike or swim every day though, sometimes both. Gotta dust off my gym pass Saturday, time to get back to work!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

welcome back!!! Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default Hey Lizzie!

Glad to have you back; we missed you! Sounds like you had an awesome time; I know you rocked that red suit . Your mindset is a winner.

I'm on the first leg of vacation today, so I'll use you as my role model .
Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

sounds like you were good at keeping yourself in check. you were gone for a while, I'd say a 3.5 lb gain is a success! great job on staying active and managing to eat fudge and not freak out!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Glad you had fun on vacation! I go on vacation Aug 9-13th. We are taking the kids to visit my great-grandmother, their great-great-grandmother! I'm both excited and dreading her amazing southern cooking...I'll TRY to watch what I eat. lol
Old 07-24-2010, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a nice trip. And as someone who's been to Mackinac, you can't possibly be expected to turn down fudge!!!! =)

Where do you live in MI? I just moved back to MI after a few years in NC. I'm in the metro-detroit area. This week, I spent some vacation time in Traverse City. Isn't northern Michigan awesome? I forgot how much I missed it!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Northern Michigan is gorgeous! I live about an hour south of Lansing, born in Detroit though. Only bad thing about up north is there's 200 mosquitos per square foot lol.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

An hour south of Lansing? Good grief you probably live next door!

Welcome back, and congrats on only being up 3.5, that in itself is an achievement! You should be able to unload that in a week or two, and I'll bet it was really nice to not log or think about what you were eating for a few days.

We're vacationing the last half of August. I was sooo naughty over the 4th, that for a while I was nervous about going on an actual 2 week vacation. But I think I've learned my lesson. I'm going to take my little log book and do my best to stay on track M-F and let loose on the weekends, so it won't be an all out eat-fest, nor dieting while on vacation. I'm hoping to be within 5 pounds of when I left.