Notices

Hello any one else over 40 here?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Happy Tuesday

Ok its been 2 weeks of eating right and working out w/ cardio and the scale is down 4 lbs...woo ooo 140..now for the 130's. goal is 115-120.

I am tracking my foods and still barely making 1200 cals most days. thats why I like the Eat Clean lifestyle i eat 4-5 times a day am rarely hungry but because its all unprocessed and healthy it has lower cals. after I workout I always have a protein shake make with 2% milk and PP. ( i just cant do ff milk)

welcome to all the new ladies, glad your joining us.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

So, went to the Doctor this am about the Tinnitus. She refered me to an E.N.T. Doc. Whatever happened to having one Doctor that could take care of most things. Have to be refered for everything now! Very frustrating.

Celisa, I agree, the key for me is also eating clean. Nothing processed anymore. The good thing is after a while you don't even miss it.

The golden arches at McDonalds used to have a magnetic pull I could not resist but after a couple of months without it I don't even notice or want it now. Good way to save money too!!!

Great day to everyone!!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Yes Canary, I seriously mean no processed! No chips, popcorn, meals in a box, Pre prepared anything. Even the so-called natural and diet meals out there. The only thing I make an exception on is after my workout in the morning, I have an EAS Advantage low carb shake. Lots of protien and low in carbs. Also good potassium.

I only eat meat, vegetables, salad greens, cheeses, a little fruit (I just don't like it much),
LOT"S of water all day. I love diet coke but I only allow one a day. I know that technically there's "nothing" in it but I think the chemicals (goes with processed) can't be good either.

I also speed walk 4 miles a day at least 5 days a week. For me that combination of mindful eating and daily exercise is the only thing that exposed my waistline again.

Unfortunately, the 10 pounds you've lost is probably mostly water and fluid. But it's still a great start. Now add in some exercise and really be mindful of your eating and after a few weeks you will start to see a difference. It's a slow process but if you make it a lifestyle change you'll feel and look better and better.

I also make sure and have a cheat meal about every 2 weeks. not a cheat day but a cheat meal. Something I really love and savor every bite. I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant last night and was momentarily in heaven!!! But today is a new day and back to my clean habits.

Best of luck to you and everyone. I'll let you know about the tinnitus thing!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

The only reason I'm so diciplined now is because I finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired!!! I had no energy, I ate when I was bored or depressed which was most of the time, and the more weight I put on, the more depressed I became and so the cycle continues!! I knew it had to be a life change and not just an eating change.

Don't get me wrong, this is not easy. I have a very addictive personality so I have to be very diligent otherwise one small scoop of ice cream becomes the whole 1/2 gallon, 1 glass of wine becomes the whole bottle.....etc.

Do I fall off the wagon? You bet!! I just get back on it as soon as I can.

Yes, my ears are driving me nuts! Constant popping in and out and buzzing that comes and goes. And of course, the ENT doc has no openings for several weeks! Never had the chance to see The Who, but I was a lead singer for 30 years so I'm sure thats where it comes from! Ah well, it kept the rent paid!

Good luck with whatever exercise you're able to do. Something is better than Nothing!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
One last thing: when I exercise, it makes me want to eat more!!! Anyone else find that?
I don't know that I have that problem specifically on the days I work out, but I can say for certain that now that I am in much better shape than when I started, I'm hungry all the time. Okay I admit to being hungry before, but when I started I could control it better, lately I've been an eating machine.

Originally Posted by [email protected]
So, went to the Doctor this am about the Tinnitus. She refered me to an E.N.T. Doc. Whatever happened to having one Doctor that could take care of most things. Have to be refered for everything now! Very frustrating.
Good luck with that ENT. We've been to about 6 different ones around here and so far I've hated them all. I don't know what it is about that field that attracts irritating people, but it certainly seems to be a trend. Keep us posted on that, and if you find a good ENT let me know, I need to find a new one for my family (we have ear tubes aplenty).

Originally Posted by canary52
I'd be curious to hear what diet you or others have. I am interested in getting rid of processed food. So does that mean no corn chips, no popcorn, evne the "natural" stuff ? Do you just eat fruits, veg, meat and nothing else?
This house is not completely cleared out of processed food, but nearly so. I try and stick with what I call "the belly button - blossom end rule". Basically I try not to buy anything that doesn't have a belly button, a blossom end or evidence that it was cut from or pulled out of the earth, and preferably I want to be able to still see it. I also try not to buy any foods with ingredients I can't pronounce, although I make the exception for diet coke and like het I try to limit myself to 1-2/day. I do buy popcorn kernals, and have put it on my list for something to grow in the garden next summer. I've grown it before with great success, but they didn't have any popcorn seeds this year at the garden center.

There are certain processed foods that my family insists on having in the house, like whole wheat pretzels, plain corn chips, chocolate, white sugar, deli meat and bread. I supposed in a perfect "no processed food" home the bread would all be homemade, but that only happens around here when it's cooler. Right now with the temp at like 90+ there is no way I'm going to turn the oven on for 2 hours. I also do a lot of canning, which I guess technically is processed, but I know exactly what's in those cans, so I don't really count it.

I also try very hard to stay away from frozen foods or food in boxes or tin cans. I've found that the more packaging a food product has on it, the more processing it's been through.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

So, I bought an individual frozen pizza. I couldn't help myself. I'm hoping that the act of buying it was enough and I won't have to cook it and eat it.
Oh well, 3 months ago I would have bought a whole pizza and eaten it plus everything else that wasn't nailed down!!

Gotta love those silver linings!!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

LOL het I had that pizza craving too but I did a homemade clean version, the whole family loved it and it was cheaper than a frozen.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Well, it's almost 8 pm and it's still in the freezer so I think I can get thru till tomorrow. Then I'll give it to my 98 pound waitress in the morning!!!

She needs it!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Lol yay
Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

So my fellow 40+-somethings, I have a question. My hubby is on board with my healthier living goals and has been eating better with me & trying to exercise more. It's really wonderful to have his support and I feel confident we'll both achieve our goals as a result.

However, he disagrees with me about my longterm objectives. I'm 5' 3'' and hope to reach 140 lbs. by the end of 2011. He thinks that's too skinny and tells me I shouldn't focus on a goal weight, but rather looking & feeling good.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind eventually getting to 125 lbs., but I didn't want to set that as my goal because I knew he'd not be happy about it.

So... is there a compromise to be made? Or should the goal be about what I want exclusively?

He just likes a girl with meat on her bones. I'd love some thoughts and opinions. Have you faced anything like this with your significant other or family members?

Last edited by smooshmcsmeesh; 08-06-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.