Notices

Hello any one else over 40 here?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

LALALAAAAAAAAAA.......those are Angels singing!!

I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in two years on this morning and they are actually a little loose!!!!

Oh Happy Day! Just had to share!!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats hetemte! Must have felt really great!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Over 50 is even worse!

All I can say is lift weights (heavier/fewer reps is better than lighter more reps no matter what you've heard) Muscle metabolizes energy--fat just sits there. Lift until you feel like you couldn't possibly do another rep--but no more than 3 times per week! Lifting weights is so important after 40.

Also, try to get your heart rate up as often as possible during your aerobic work out or during your day.

I've been at it for a month and have lost 10 pounds, most of it in the last two weeks. Even when I hadn't lost any weight, though, I started looking great, which I guess is the point.

I just joined fitday so that I could track my progress a little better and stay motivated. I still have 15 more pounds to go. I know that this is where the fun starts.

Good luck
Old 07-29-2010, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Wow...I am 73......started WW about 14 years ago and did great.....kept it off for 8 1/2 years! Then, it started to creep up and up......went back to WW and lose a little, gain it back and I have totally lost my motivation!

Wonder if it is impossible at this age, due to slowing down, etc.

Started on this site today and will try logging my food and weight here for better control. Look forward to tips and support from all of you. Hate going to WW as I have to pay every time I go as I never get to my goal weight anymore.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
LALALAAAAAAAAAA.......those are Angels singing!!

I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in two years on this morning and they are actually a little loose!!!!

Oh Happy Day! Just had to share!!

woo hooo happy dancing with ya> busy busy week for me, trying to get the house cleaned and the school stuf taken care of we go back before ya know it and its sayanara summmer vacay. *sigh* still maintaining weight even though I am trying to lose. BLAH I wihs i had insurance I woud go have my thyroid checked. I am doing everything right but showing now progress.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

wow lots of new faces here, its nice to know your not alone isnt it. I follow a "Eat Clean Diet" lifestyle, This is lifestyle of eating not a diet its been made popular by Tosca Reno, great lady (google her) she started living her life at 40 getting in shape and even winning many fitness competitions. I love her principles.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default relatively young

I'm a relatively young 65--three kids, seven grandchildren, full time job, and struggling to get my weight back into a healthier range. My doc says if I lose a few more pounds, I'll probably be able to stop some of blood pressure medication, and my blood sugar will normalize--now that's a wieght loss incentive.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yehudit45
I'm a relatively young 65--three kids, seven grandchildren, full time job, and struggling to get my weight back into a healthier range. My doc says if I lose a few more pounds, I'll probably be able to stop some of blood pressure medication, and my blood sugar will normalize--now that's a wieght loss incentive.
that is definate incentive. good luck
Old 07-30-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

First of all, welcome new gals. So, I just read a study that says if you get at least 7 hours of sleep a night you are far more likely to lose weight. The way I feel today it shouldn't be a problem. I'll call it my Rip Van Winkle test. Hubby is gone for a week so shouldn't be a prob.
G'nite all. I'll let you know on Monday.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default 68 can I join in sounds like a fun group of gals.

Just started so reading and learning everyday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.