Notices

Best High Protein, Low Carb Bar?

Old 07-19-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Best High Protein, Low Carb Bar?

Can I have some recommendations please for what people think were the best tasting, high protein, low carb bars? TIA
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

As a snack, I like Luna Bar Minis. They're low in calories but relatively high in protein.

As a meal replacement, I actually prefer protein powder to any protein bars I've found. The one I use is much lower in sugar and fat than the bars, plus it has a TON of protein! It's good mixed with skim milk or soy milk, or I'll sometimes put it into a smoothie.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Agreed that protein powder is better than a bar. But I do like the pure protein brand of protein bars. The carb ratio is more even, given most bars have almost double the carbs as protein. The fat can still be a little high though, so just be careful. I also think they taste pretty good as far as protein bars go. Some of them (like the chocolate deluxe) is a little thick and hard to chew, but otherwise not bad.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

I can't have soy, so I eat Carb Smart bars and they taste really good. They are my nighttime snack at 120 cal. Also, Atkins bars, I really like the carmel and chocolate bar at 130cal. They taste like candy bars to me.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

body builders from clif bars (20grams of protein for 270calories); I personally like vanilla almond and peanut butter flavors, but there are 4 others that you can try
Old 10-31-2010, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

I too like the Pure Protein brand, but I have to say that the Chocolate Deluxe is my favorite, it tastes like a chocolate covered Tootsie Roll. But seriously when I need protein without carbs I grab a can of tuna or make an egg white omelet.