Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Would anyone like to join me on an 8 week program? >

Would anyone like to join me on an 8 week program?

Community
Notices

Would anyone like to join me on an 8 week program?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

I have also tried to zig-zag but found that like Cassie said once you jump on the train it's hard to get off. So it is easier to stay off.. I found that the high day for calories wasn't bad.. But since Ihad more freedom the next day was hard to drop back down... I do much better just sticking to a range like for me I try to stay between 1200-1500 calories.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

I am also experiencing the difficulties of zig zag dieting. I find it easier to maintain a calorie average than fluctuating. I had guests up and we were eating terribly. I must have eaten back any calories I lost. Feeling a little discouraged. Blah. Is anyone having success with diet supplements?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

I've been using the Alli and it does seem to help. Really helps you avoid fatty foods! If not, you better not stray far from the bathroom! Now, between that and eating low carb theres not alot left for variety but if you want the lbs gone quickly then it seems to be working for me.
One thing I have realized is that since I haven't had any junkfood for a month I have managed to get past the cravings. Meditation helps with that also.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Does anyone have a good website or book I could look at for planning a zigzag diet? I think that may be good for me as I always eat more on weekends. I don't think my weigh in is going to be great tomorrow. I got sick again on Wednesday and my doctor has prescribed lots of sleep and no gym til the week after next
Old 07-18-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

g_j_b, sorry you're not feeling well. I'm going to do a little research on the whole zigzag thing and I'll let you know.

Now on to everyones favorite subject. PMS and everything that goes with it. Any suggestions for taking care of the bloating? I've tried almost everything so any new ideas would be appreciated.

I think I did ok this week. I hope it shows in tomorrows weigh in.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

OK well it's Monday in Australia now and somehow I weigh in at 140.8 (converted from 64kg Australian). That's a gain and I am devastated. Despite having to give up exercise on Wednesday I have still restricted by an average of 600 calories a day and then this?! All I can put it down to is being sick, taking codeine (constipates) and alcohol consumption earlier in the week (all counted in my calories mind you). I swear my body is resistant to weight loss cos I've lost and put on in the past. I think I'll move my goal to December and take it a bit more slow and steady, cut back alcohol and try the zigzag maybe. Perhaps I've been working out too much and should just not enter the calories burned into fitday..?
Old 07-18-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday in Australia. or not. I found out that zig zag is also called calorie shifting. Google that and you should come up with more options.

Nothing makes me hold lbs more than being constipated so after everything starts moving again and you (sigh) cut back on the alcohol you should see a difference.
If not entering the cal burned helps you trick your mind then hey it's worth a shot.
It's Sunday nite here in Arizona so I'll post my weigh in in the morning.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Sorry ladies, I know that it's late Friday night, but I need some diet reassurance. I started that Zig-zag diet plan Wednesday, and it is ridiculous! I just don't understand how a body can consume 2,200 calories and still be able to lose weight! I'm struggling to fit more calories and protein into my diet! Do you lovely ladies have any suggestions?

Thank you guys so much for this thread! It's so nice to have a sounding board that isn't my significant other!
Actually when Michael Phelps is gearing up for a competition he has to consume 10,000 calories/day just to maintain his body weight. So technically yes you can eat 2,200 calories and still lose weight, provided you burn more than 2,200 calories a day, which is where the workout comes in handy. I've actually never had trouble adding calories, I run into a lot more trouble subtracting them... But if you need to boost yours up, you might try doing it with low fat proteins, Greek yogurt, tuna, soy nuts, almonds, a larger serving of meat with lunch or dinner, a protein bar or shake. Another good way to add in calories is with fats, like avocados, nuts and nut butters, balsamic vinegar and olive oil salad dressing etc etc.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

I had a bit of a rough week calorie wise, Aunt Flo is here and she's a bad influence, started last week at 159.2 and finished at 156.3, so down by 2.9 pounds. These are my goals from last week:

1. 5 hours of cardio (either on the elliptical or aerobics DVD) I was a little short of 5 hours, got in 4 hrs, 10 minutes.
2. 3 miles of running. Didn't run any, but speed walked 5.5
2. 2 hours of weight training (cause I paid for that dang membership) CHECK
3. 10 hours gardening, Fell a little short only 7.5 hrs.
4. Keep calories to 1,600 or less everyday Ugh, didn't even get close daily average was 2119!!!!
5. Drink 96 ounces of water (or more) each day, CHECK
6. Clean this messy messy house while wearing ankle weights. I wore ankle weights and did housework, but didn't get the whole of it clean. Oh well.

Goals for this week:

1. 5 hours of cardio (either on the elliptical or aerobics DVD)
2. 3 miles of running or 5 miles of speed walking
2. 2 hours of weight training (cause I paid for that dang membership)
3. 6 hours gardening
4. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, no more than 1,800 SS
5. Drink 96 ounces of water (or more) each day
6. Spend 15 minutes cleaning each room in the house while wearing ankle weights.
7. Lose 3 pounds.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-18-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Going forward with renewed positivity

OK so I'm not feeling as bad as this morning. Today I didn't count calories. I just moped. It's a new week. here are my goals;
No alcohol except for Saturday
Keep warm and get lots of sleep (doctors orders)
No gym (doctors orders)- perhaps yoga
Keep to approx 1200 calories a day
Eat lots of vegies and soup

I hope that will at least let me maintain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.