FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Is there a 10-20lb club (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1505-there-10-20lb-club.html)

Luv4SFO 09-22-2010 06:18 PM

So I've been off and on FitDay for YEARS now. I'm just getting back into it, and glad to see a group like me, that is just within reach of those goals. I decided after writing the following in my daily journal, that I would probably benefit from the support and input of the community. I found a few weeks ago that I couldn't fit into a pair of pants I just bought four months ago. This was an awakening of sorts.

I have always been relatively fit, and have the blessing of a high metabolism. No kids yet, but at 25 I started to notice a new plateau of weight 125, and at 30 it went up to 130. I just passed 140 on my 32nd birthday, and although it's not much, I don't want to get comfortable here.

I set my first goal (120) lower than my maintenance weight goal (130 again) because I know with November and December I will gain holiday weight, and I don't want to have to think about it quite as much.

Journal Entry from 9/22/10 :rolleyes: - "My friend and I went to Black Angus for dinner, because she was craving BEEF and Alcohol. I had an entertainment book coupon. It was really hard to pick food, because everything was so high in calories and I knew the serving sizes would be outrageous. We did the combo which included appetizer and dessert (typical pattern for us) with two entrees and sides. I got the Fillet Mignon with garlic mash and broccoli. I ate 3/4 of my steak, half the broccoli, and a few bites of the potatoes. We split artichokes and chocolate cake. I ate about 1/4 of the cake and had just a sip of milk. It was hard to not eat more of everything, I easily could have. I chatted through most of the food, and found I wasn't that hungry, so I just stopped eating. Its hard to know you are paying $40 for something you just aren't eating. I did bring home the leftovers and I think I will eat them later. I stayed in my calorie budget too. I just feel like although I'm not hungry, I didn't really enjoy my dinner. I had to think about it too much to just savor anything. I'm not sure if that is the point though. Hopefully I will get to the place where this way of eating is normal, and I don't have to think about it so much, and I can just eat."

I know it's a long post, but I would like to know if some of you that have been doing this a while can tell me what the path looks like ahead in this regard? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

baltimoron 10-06-2010 07:29 AM

I'm Back!

Hi Ladies,

Well I was married on Saturday and now it's Wednesday, and I'm back on my diet/exercise routine. I weighed myself this morning, assuming I'd gained enough to be back up to 190 but was relieved to find I was only at 182... I must not have done as much stress eating as I thought I had! Sorry I've been gone so long but I'm excited to be back!

Love - I can relate to the "going out" phenomena, I can't drink anything but red wine now-a-days and so it makes me want to splurge on food. I try to order healthy but if I must get some fatty salty thing (yes, yes, yes) I just make sure it's no bigger then the inside of my palm, and then I make sure to get a to-go box. Sharing a number of appetizers with drinks is nice too - that way I can be social and wont have to worry as much about over eating. OR I'll just eat whatever and over estimate the calories so I can work them off at the gym the next day... which is usually what happens because I have no self discipline. ;)

All the Best,

Start Weight, August 01 = 197 lbs.
Current Weight = 182 lbs
X-mas Goal = 170 lbs
Spring Goal = 150 lbs
Summer Goal = 135 lbs