FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Is there a 10-20lb club (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1505-there-10-20lb-club.html)

cindyannette 08-16-2010 06:43 PM

Hi Nottango and thanks! Great job on the running this summer! I do best at running the rest of the year, but when summer rolls around, the heat gets to me. I'm more of a cool and cold weather person! When it starts getting warm in the spring, I find myself going late at night, which is very peaceful and much cooler, but probably not the safest time to go! My plan is to start again tonight with a couple of miles, and hopefully can stay on track again. Running makes me feel so great!
Okay I will try to weigh in on Sundays. Thanks so much!
*Start Date- 8/5/10
*lbs. lost- 3

nottango 08-22-2010 01:48 PM

8/22 weigh-in

Hi everyone. Welcome back Canary - sounds like you had an awesome vacation, and you did better than I did on vacation.
I was 142# this morning, which means I lost the 2# from vacation and another 1. I worked my butt off this week! After much consideration (and a pair of jeans which were not as loose as I would've liked) I decided to change my goal from 135 to 130 by 11/11. My goal graph puts me right on track.
Football season is here - have to admit that while I was getting ready to go to my sister's house to watch the Bears game last night, got a little sad about having to skip the beer and junky snacks. Ended up having a great time (barely watched the game, but enjoyed the company) once I got there, and wasn't too tempted by the food/beer.

RenaLynD 08-22-2010 07:13 PM

New to group

Hey everyone, Id love to join your group. I'm currently 135. Goal is 120
I haven't worked out since the summer hit. Who the heck can run in this heat!?
Does anyone know if there is a way to see what your food chart should look like in order to lose weight, in terms of the pie chart?

passer 08-25-2010 08:32 AM

Hello, I am 145, want to lose 15 pounds, and I will like to join your group.
I am trying to run three days per week, climbing indoors, 2 days per week and not overeating (which is the difficult part for me). I hope I will lose some weight for the sunday weigh-in because I am plannig to go to the mountain and climb up some rocks on saturday.

passer 08-26-2010 02:55 PM

Yes, even if you move and you don't lose weigth.
:D

cindyannette 08-26-2010 03:43 PM

Weigh in

Oops! Forgot to weigh in on Sunday. I guess better late than never. I am down about 5.5 lbs total which makes me about 144. This is slow coming off but hopefully I can make my goal by the date I chose. 19 more lbs. to go! I haven't started running again yet, unfortunately. The weather has just now started to cool off so hopefully soon. I have been going on 2-3 mile walks with my son and my dogs though several nights a week.

passer 08-29-2010 04:58 AM

Three pounds in 8 days. :) Not bad.
How about your weekend?

nottango 08-29-2010 01:11 PM

Hi Everyone, and welcome. I weighed in at 141# this morning, which reflects a 13# loss, and the lowest I've weighed since I was pregnant with my son, who's 5 1/2. Exercise has definitely become something I can't miss - especially when PMS strikes and I'm crabby and hungry! Only 6 pounds to go for my original goal, and 11 pounds for my updated one. I plan to reward myself with new cool-weather exercise clothes when I reach my goals.:D

TayElissa 08-29-2010 10:58 PM

Hello, I'd like to join this forum too!

I just started here today. I've had a rollercoaster of anorexia and binge eating. Now I've gained back more weight than I need... about 13 lbs more! :(

I plan to lose 1.5 lbs per week to make my goal of 125#s by Halloween this year! I lost weight the extremely unhealthy way before, and now I am going to lose these excess pounds the slow and healthy way. And I'm excited to do it! I need EXTRA motivation though... sigh..

So my computer is kinda slow right now and I don't want to take the time to figure out the answer to this question;
What day is the weekly weigh in on?

I start my diet tomorrow and my starting weight is 139. Here I come 125!!

nottango 08-30-2010 12:35 AM

Welcome Tay - Sunday's weigh-in day here.
We'll be here to help lose it healthfully. From what I can tell, we're all choosing mostly healthy foods, but not going to extremes with any particular diets. Personally, I have had all my favorites (chocolate, pizza, chips, etc...) during the last 9 weeks, but still lost 13#.

circuitmom 08-30-2010 02:19 AM

Sorry it's been so long since I've been here, we just got a new computer and I wasn't able to log into fitday or do anything, our other computer was on it's last leg..

I'm up this week, gotta love PMS..
142, but I'm going to do the best I can..

I see some new folks, welcome!! Glad you found us, the support here is awesome!

JenBCZ 09-02-2010 03:45 AM

Hey everyone! I'd like to join your slimming party :)

I'm 30, 5'8" and currently 155lbs. I just lost 25lbs using the 1st personal diet, but now I want to start exercising more, and the calorie intake on that diet won't support it (I tried, it just made me horribly hungry, which made me eat a lot of stuff I regretted later). So here I am to loose that last 10 or 15 pounds . . . I don't know which, I haven't been that low since junior high.
In the past I haven't been all that successful with weight loss, but with the control I feel fitday gives me, I am optimistic!

I'm looking forward to joining you all on this weight loss journey! :)

passer 09-02-2010 07:11 AM

This second week is being horrible, I think in food all the time. I am not hungry most of the time but I am begining to obsses over food. And when I exercise, I feel hungrier.

I have to restrict 500 calories per day, when I eat more than I planned, I use the stair-treadmill to lose the calories I overate. But then I feel tired and hungrier.

Sigh

nottango 09-02-2010 11:50 AM

Found out that "my job is being eliminated". That's been really good for the diet/weight loss.

baltimoron 09-02-2010 02:06 PM

Newbie!

Hello All,

I've been visiting fitday for years but didn't really start actively journaling my food until about a month ago. The main motivating cause -my wedding, of course!

I'm 5'10" and started at 197 August 1st and am now down to 180, which is too much/too drastic but I was sick for a week with pancreatitus. The funny thing is, when I was bigger my recommended calorie balance was 750 and now it's 520! I totally can't do that, so I'm excercising to burn off the excess.

The sickness made me dread anything in my stomach but I still have that little demon that compels me to eat crap food, the more fried the better. Luckily, my body can't process that stuff right now, so I'm forced to change habits. They say it takes 14 days to form a habit. Hopefully my almost robotic indulgence in fatty foods will lessen with the years. Although I think it was always be a battle... it's like when I eat that stuff I'm "rebeling" but all I'm really doing is destroying.

Anyway I'm glad to find a community of like minded women. Support and expectations are needed! Notango, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Canary, I tore my ACL 2 years ago, we should share physical therapy tips.

passer 09-02-2010 02:55 PM

Sorry to hear about your job, Nottango. This crisis sucks.

nottango 09-05-2010 03:30 PM

under 140!

I weighed in at 139# this morning. Been a long time! At least my clothes will fit nicely while I'm hitting the pavement job searching and interviewing. I have decided to confuse my boss by remaining cheerful for the next 5 weeks (Oct 8th is going to be my last day). So far, most of the people I work with don't know my job's being eliminated, and it's hard to see the pity in the eyes of those who do. I just have to believe that something better's waiting for me just around the corner. Looking on the bright side:
1. I've been feeling guilty about not spending enough time with the kids because I've been working so much. I've been dropping them off at 7:30-7:45AM and not picking them up until 6PM most days. In winter, I was dropping them off in the dark and picking them up in the dark! Once we get home, it's homework-dinner-bath-story-bed, with little fun time!
2. There are a lot of aspects of the job that I really didn't care to do, but did anyway - now they'll be someone else's problems.
3. No more pretending to like those people I've been pretending to like because it's politically correct.
4. I have family to help me financially, and friends to help me emotionally.
5. I have some $ saved, and no CC debt.
6. My kids and I are incredibly healthy.
7. I have lost 15 pounds recently, and have acquired an on-line support group of wise women who are willing to "listen" to me ramble!
Thanks everyone! Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!

passer 09-05-2010 04:31 PM

138.8 for me. Or so I think because my scale is in kgs.
But the best part is that I can put on old clothes that were too small for me only 7 lbs ago. :):):)

Glad to hear you are ok (and thinner), Nottango.

ledanseur 09-06-2010 01:47 AM

Hello all!
I am new to this website, I found it today! I already started my journal and I would love to join this group since I want to lose 10 kilos, which I think is aprox 20 pounds. I haven't step on a scale for quite a while because I am afraid! but I think I might be around 64 kilos, which is 140 pounds. I am 20 years old and 5'3. For the last two years I have hated summers because I felt awful about my body since I used to be skinny before I started college. It doesn't help that all my family is skinny and, even though they try to help me, they still make me feel fat with their comments about what I eat.

I have been dancing again for about 3 weeks and I try to join my parents when they go out walking, but I haven't been constant (is that the right word? I am from Peru so please excuse me for this little questions.). Starting tomorrow, I will be back on track!

I am so happy I found this community and look forward to start to know everyone and become a part of this :)

passer 09-09-2010 11:41 AM

I can eat and watch True Blood at the same time, it is too gorey for my stomach. And I think the show is good for the abs because I laugh a lot. So TB is good for weight loss.;)

Canary, sometimes a rest of working out, dieting and worrying is the best. Sometimes our bodies are exhausted and only want a little rest, so don't obsess about it, just sit on the couch, relax watching True Blood, and try to eat mindful, if you gain a little weight don't worry, you will be able to return to diet and exercise, and after a rest you will feel better. Or so I hope.

Hola Bailarina¡ Saludos desde España¡ How about your dancing. I have two left feet, so I feel envy for all the dancers out there, it sounds so funny. What kind of dance do you practice, clasiccal, modern, salsa?

nottango 09-10-2010 12:27 AM

Okay Canary, I see you're being told to rest - sorry, but I'm not as nice as Passer - get off your butt and get moving! Before you know it, I'm gonna weigh less than you.

Think about how good you feel after you've exercised. I once interviewed a lady in her 90's who was in great shape, and walked every morning. I asked her how she stayed motivated to do so, and she said she never decided ahead of time how far she'd go, but she always made herself put her shoes on and walk out the door. Some days she'd go half a block and turn around, others she'd go very far. I use that to get myself going in the mornings.

Hope everyone's doing well.

passer 09-10-2010 04:30 PM

Well done. Canary :)

coosecoose 09-12-2010 02:03 AM

Hello! I am glad to see a group with my weight loss goal. I want to lose 20lbs and as I can never keep going by myself I am hoping this will change things up for me a bit. I'm a constant snacker and work near food all day. I just moved to a small town so no more fast food for me! Which is good because I was getting rather addicted

I'm at 130 now and hoping to get to 110, mainly just a bit of a tummy on me lol :)

sapsantana 09-12-2010 04:05 AM

new

hello everyone im a mother of two trying to get back in shape it seems i have gained about 20 pounds since my husband has came back from iraq im a young mom who wants to get in shape for my childeren im 23yr 5'3 at about 185 i wanna lose 20 and get down to 165 i've always been a "thicker" and know with my body type i wasnt meant to be skinny lol hoping to find some support to try and get my goal weight by the end of the year this is my first time on a real diet well i would love to start to weigh in with you guys as well feel free to msg me!! Sonja :D

nottango 09-12-2010 04:10 PM

jogging with attitude!

Hi Everyone, welcome sapsantana and Coosecoose. Canary, hope I didn't offend with my last post - if so, I apologize, I'm really a nice person. I cannot imagine how hard it is to deal with fibromyalgia - you're amazing. Hope you're feeling better. As I get older, I really have begun to be grateful for my good health.
I started exercising regularly in May when I got a new puppy - Tango. I walked every morning with her for a month, then gradually started jogging a bit here and there. I have been faithfully selecting "walking for fitness" or "jogging" in my activities, and you all probably know this, but as I've lost weight I burn fewer calories with exercise. Yesterday I discovered that if I put the jogging in as slow running (10 minute miles) I burn more calories. So I decided that the difference between jogging and running is that running is jogging with attitude. I tell myself "I'm running!" and pay a little more attention to form. I now burn more calories than when I was merely jogging:).
My weight is 138# - total of 16 pounds gone, and on my way to 130# by my 45th birthday - 11/11.

lewisfamily503 09-13-2010 12:17 AM

Hi, This is my first post on this forum. I started using Fit Day this past June, weighing in at a robust 158 lbs and only 5' 3 ''!! I had pretty much given up on losing weight as I am 52 and it just seemed like I couldn't shed any weight. I am post menopausal too so that adds to the dilemma!! At any rate, this past June, I just decided to try to do something about my weight gain. I have used Fit Day to track my caloric intake and I have tried to keep it at 1500 calories a day. I also started running every other day and walking on the off days. My husband and I go about 3.5 miles per day, either running or walking. I am happy to report I am now down to 141 pounds and still losing. My goal is 125 or maybe even 120! I do have to say it hasn't been easy sometimes, but I have COMPLETELY given up chips and sweets. I do still have drinks at night but only with diet soda, so the calories are lower. Just imagine if I gave up drinking, LOL!!! Still the weight is coming off at about .9 lb per week, so it IS happening for me. I have dropped down a complete size in clothing (now size 10) and I feel SO much better! I cannot recommend highly even how effective tracking my calories has been for me! Good luck to you all. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Built 09-15-2010 11:23 PM

Lewisfamily: WooHoo!! You are doing great. I'm 52 as well and am in a more or less maintenance phase (less when I occasionally slip up). We 50-somethings can absolutely reach our goals and you are living proof!

tankgirlwa 09-16-2010 01:24 AM

New to Fitday

Hello, I'm brand new to Fitday.

I'd like to lose 20lb of baby belly!

To be honest I'm terrible at excersizing! But lately Ive been on the treadmill nearly everyday trying to push myself!

I have a 2 year old and a 12 year old and a very fit husband!

I need a group to hold myself accountable to :)

Looking forward to being here!

Angela

nottango 09-19-2010 12:05 PM

weigh day

Hi and welcome to new peep's. Built - saw your picture on another thread - you're my new idol!
I have had a bad week, fighting all kinds of negative thoughts and feelings. I will say 139# as my weight, but I am pretty sure I'm bloated due to the extra nachos and cookies I ate last night. Close to not caring about the weight, or my health.
Hope everyone else is in a better place than me this week!

[email protected] 09-19-2010 07:18 PM

New Also

Originally Posted by tankgirlwa (Post 21090)
Hello, I'm brand new to Fitday.

I'd like to lose 20lb of baby belly!

To be honest I'm terrible at excersizing! But lately Ive been on the treadmill nearly everyday trying to push myself!

I have a 2 year old and a 12 year old and a very fit husband!

I need a group to hold myself accountable to :)

Looking forward to being here!

Angela

I just joined today. I'm 57 so I'm old enough to be your mom but I related to you because my daughter just had her fouth baby and is trying to get back on track.
I have struggled all my life with my weight not grossly overweight but always just enough to keep me from feeling good about myself.
I lost about 20 lbs a couple of years ago when I went through a divorce but have gained 10 of it back. I weigh 152 now and would love to get back to 140 or below.
I understand about the exercise thing. I feel the same way but I know that it will make all the difference in the weight loss.
I'm hoping to stay encouraged with and hopefully can encourage others.

Luv4SFO 09-23-2010 06:18 AM

So I've been off and on FitDay for YEARS now. I'm just getting back into it, and glad to see a group like me, that is just within reach of those goals. I decided after writing the following in my daily journal, that I would probably benefit from the support and input of the community. I found a few weeks ago that I couldn't fit into a pair of pants I just bought four months ago. This was an awakening of sorts.

I have always been relatively fit, and have the blessing of a high metabolism. No kids yet, but at 25 I started to notice a new plateau of weight 125, and at 30 it went up to 130. I just passed 140 on my 32nd birthday, and although it's not much, I don't want to get comfortable here.

I set my first goal (120) lower than my maintenance weight goal (130 again) because I know with November and December I will gain holiday weight, and I don't want to have to think about it quite as much.

Journal Entry from 9/22/10 :rolleyes: - "My friend and I went to Black Angus for dinner, because she was craving BEEF and Alcohol. I had an entertainment book coupon. It was really hard to pick food, because everything was so high in calories and I knew the serving sizes would be outrageous. We did the combo which included appetizer and dessert (typical pattern for us) with two entrees and sides. I got the Fillet Mignon with garlic mash and broccoli. I ate 3/4 of my steak, half the broccoli, and a few bites of the potatoes. We split artichokes and chocolate cake. I ate about 1/4 of the cake and had just a sip of milk. It was hard to not eat more of everything, I easily could have. I chatted through most of the food, and found I wasn't that hungry, so I just stopped eating. Its hard to know you are paying $40 for something you just aren't eating. I did bring home the leftovers and I think I will eat them later. I stayed in my calorie budget too. I just feel like although I'm not hungry, I didn't really enjoy my dinner. I had to think about it too much to just savor anything. I'm not sure if that is the point though. Hopefully I will get to the place where this way of eating is normal, and I don't have to think about it so much, and I can just eat."

I know it's a long post, but I would like to know if some of you that have been doing this a while can tell me what the path looks like ahead in this regard? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

baltimoron 10-06-2010 07:29 PM

I'm Back!

Hi Ladies,

Well I was married on Saturday and now it's Wednesday, and I'm back on my diet/exercise routine. I weighed myself this morning, assuming I'd gained enough to be back up to 190 but was relieved to find I was only at 182... I must not have done as much stress eating as I thought I had! Sorry I've been gone so long but I'm excited to be back!

Love - I can relate to the "going out" phenomena, I can't drink anything but red wine now-a-days and so it makes me want to splurge on food. I try to order healthy but if I must get some fatty salty thing (yes, yes, yes) I just make sure it's no bigger then the inside of my palm, and then I make sure to get a to-go box. Sharing a number of appetizers with drinks is nice too - that way I can be social and wont have to worry as much about over eating. OR I'll just eat whatever and over estimate the calories so I can work them off at the gym the next day... which is usually what happens because I have no self discipline. ;)

All the Best,

Start Weight, August 01 = 197 lbs.
Current Weight = 182 lbs
X-mas Goal = 170 lbs
Spring Goal = 150 lbs
Summer Goal = 135 lbs