Community
Notices

New Today~ Have 85 lbs to lose.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow New Today~ Have 85 lbs to lose.

I am so excited to find FitDay. I have a lot of weight to lose, and would looove to have a few buddies to talk with, hold each other accountable, keep each other motivated, etc. I lost 60 lbs by myself just by walking on treadmill and having loving support from another website. Then my EX-doctor years ago gave me phentermine (I had never taken a weight loss pill before, so I had no idea!) and it completely shut down my metabolism and I haven't been able to lose a pound since. In fact I gained 41 of it back since Sept 2008!

Have been battling thyroid issues since 2000, had it out in 2006 and, well, the road has been rough. Got a new endocrinologist about 8 weeks ago, and he told me that I don't HAVE to be this big forever. (had a doctor tell me in March not to go chasing mirages of ever being thin again, that I am destined to be big... talk about a mental breakdown after that visit!) But if you know me, I won't take no for an answer. SO, I went out and found an endocrinologist that didn't want me to give up.

I started a new gym about 8 weeks ago, and lost 5 lbs after working my butt off, but that is almost 1 lb a week, and HEY, at least I am losing, right!!!

I am a fighter and will not give up no matter what. You with me?

Look forward to meeting you all soon!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! I'm a newbie, too. I've only been on Fit Day since last week, but have already found a ton of inspiration.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, girlfriend, there are a bunch of us slow losing chubbies on the 100 pound thread, and it doesn't matter to us if you only need to lose 85 lbs, we're a pretty flexible group.

I'm glad you went out and found a better doctor. I one time had a very sick child and a really stupid doctor diagnosed her with "poor parenting". If I had let that diagnosis stand my daughter would no longer be with us, because her actual problem was a birth defect that needed surgery. Anyway you always have to stick to your own guns when it comes to health and wellness. If your guns say you need to be thinner and in better shape, then go for it. You know you can learn a lot from what people don't say, and I've never heard anyone say "I wish I hadn't gotten in great shape.", or "I wish I wasn't so cotton picking healthy".
Old 07-06-2010, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow

Thanks 25!! And welcome to you as well!

Almeeker... Holy CANOLE! 79.9 lbs GONE! You are ROCKIN it!!! What an inspiration!!! I would LOVE to hear how you are doing it!!! they always say slower is better. Keep up the good work~ wow you must be so proud! I don't know how to add friends yet, but would love to have you guys as friends. Have a wonderful rest of the day and thanks for replying!!

Last edited by myoutwardbeauty710; 07-06-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Actually before this past 4 day holiday weekend I was at 88 pounds, but I um took a solid swan dive off the diet wagon. That's okay I'm back on plan today. That's actually one of the things I practice, jumping on and off the diet wagon without falling off forever. We just had a ton of plans for the weekend, including an Eric Clapton concert, a couple of boat trips and a day at a cottage on an island with friends we haven't seen in a while. You have to have a beer or two over the 4th, it's a law or something right? And I fully believe it's okay to have a weekend or two off-plan, so long as it doesn't become my life style it's all good. I've been completely on-plan today, including a solid workout this morning and I've gotten most of my water in as well. Which is good because it's absolutely blistering outside today.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there,
once again i have jumped on the band wagon of getting healthy. I am trying to do it for me this time and not to make anyone else happy. After 4 weeks of being back to the gym i feel much better. i had a little loss this week of half a pund but it is better than no loss. i want to lose at least 100 more pounds. i have a buddy that will go to the gym with me but her consistency is not the best. my husband has jumped on the train so hopefully we can support each other. it is hard, we seem to enable each other as we both have a love hate relationship with food. i need to break that cycle and start telling him no.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow

Almeeker, good for you for enjoying yourself, and NOT staying off the wagon. Just get back in there and go for it again. It is never too late.

Newfie, I totally understand where you are coming from with the inconsistent buddy. I have two as a matter of fact, and it is like pulling teeth to see either one of them in the gym once or twice a week. But don't you give up. And good for your hubby for joining in! I had to literally tell mine (who has a perfect body and can eat anything without gaining an ounce!) to quit bringing home sweets. Because he has a way of bringing just the right treat home, when I need it the least. He has been doing really well too for the past few months. I hated to be like that but, I have to do what is right for me.

Good luck to the both of you, and keep up the good work!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

The new me is trying really hard to live realistically the real world, sweets and all. We don't have that much junk in the house, and what we do have is not in the same places it's always been. Ice cream is now a "treat" not a "staple", and when we have it, we keep it in the basement freezer. Somehow or another I'm much more likely to eat it when it's in the kitchen. So the basement is a much better on-plan location. I'm trying to relearn how to eat and behave myself, I have new perimeters and keep working to establish healthy long-term habits. And "healthy" for me is not complete cold turkey forever deprivation, I've just had to move a lot of "normal staples" to the "once in a blue moon treat" category.