Notices

Weight loss buddy

Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Kathi,

Keeping an exercise log and food diary are incredibly helpful. The data is honest and reviewing it is making me honest.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

welcome everyone. We will report here on Thursdays about how we are all doing. I think it is very helpful to know that someone else is also trying as much as you are. See you all

All the best ladies!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Buddy Me Too

I have just got on the wagon again after putting on weight since I last checked in. Heaviest ever at 219lbs and I wish to lose 27 lbs by the end of the year as my first goal. Had a very stressfull time last couple of years and now am taking care of myself.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds great! I need the support of a group to keep me accountable. I am getting back on track after moving and starting a new job and my routine fell apart. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by September. I started working our regularly about three weeks ago and there has been no weight lost. The last time I was successful, I used FITDAY and tracked my food consistently, so that is what I started yesterday. I am weighing my self on Sunday mornings, so hopefully this sunday I will see some movement on the scale. even just a little would be encouraging.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default count me in too!

Sounds like a good way to motivate. I have been a little lax lately but having a good start to the week and need to lose 25-30. I am off for the next few weeks and plan to make the most of this time to get into a good exercise routine. My garden is flourishing and there are plenty of healthy veggies and fruits to be had. Lets make July a great month!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Ladies, I live in southwestern Ohio. If anyone else is near me and is looking for a buddy to work out with, please let me know.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Alles

All,

I would also like to join your group. As of today, I have approximately 25lbs to lose. Ideally, I want to be back down to a size 4. But, healthy, strong and lean one. I'm on an adapted Atkin's program (adapted because I cheat). I'm also new to fitday -- I started last week after I saw some pics of myself at a family BBQ. (I'm thinking about burning all the evidence.) I'm looking forward to those Thursday weigh-ins! (Perfect day too, since it's not right after weekends.)

SW: 06/29/10 169 (size 10/12)
lean mass: 122, fat mass: 47, bf%: 27.8

CW: 07/07/10 161 (size unknown)
lean mass: 119, fat mass: 42, bf%: 26.1

GW: 09/15/10 136 or size 4
lean mass: 110, fat mass: 26, bf%: 19.1

Ruthie,

Originally Posted by ruthielauren
I'm also new to fitday. I'd love to have a weight loss buddy to keep me accountable and motivated!

I want to lose 25 pounds by the end of the summer. I'm trying the Atkins diet and I have already lost 8 pounds in the last four weeks. 17 pounds to go!
Nice work! I'm also on Atkins. Just finished week 1 of Induction, but I am a huge cheater (overshot my carb intakes, and i've had SF jello with whipped cream twice now). I still lost 8lbs last week though. Hahha. Have you checked out the Atkin's community boards? There's a huge catfight thread over desserts on Induction. LOL. What phase are you on?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in Thursday 07/08/2010

Well this week I struggled a little bit but I kept up with my exercise. I do treadmill 5 days a week for about half hour. I have tried to eat healthy but I struggled with this a little bit and therefore have not lost any weight this week. For next week my goal is to keep up with exercise and start eating about 1200-1500 calories focusing mostly on protein.

My starting weight is 150 lbs and it's the same this week. I am 5ft 3 inches. My ideal goal weight is 125 lbs by the end of september.

Last edited by myrasalman; 07-08-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default July 7 Check-in

My weight has fluctuated from 137-139 for the past week, but it was 137 this morning. I eat good foods most days and work out 6 days/week with a rest day on Sunday.

My routine includes:

- 2 miles of interval training on the treadmill 6 days/week
- 20 minutes of strength training on weight machine (arms/legs/thighs) 3 days/week
- 100 crunches and other ad exercises 3 days/week
- several sets of bun and thigh lifts on the floor 3 days/week

This week, I'll add:

- riding my recumbent bike
- yoga

I've been eating small meals several times each day.

Breakfast is usually 1 cup of shredded wheat w/no milk and either a banana or a peach. I had 1 packet of oatmeal this morning to switch it up a little.

Snacks are usually a granola bar, 1 cup of shredded wheat, light popcorn, 1 cup of grapes (about 20), 1 cup of jello, 1 cup of cherries, or 1 cup of strawberries. I usually have 3-4 snacks each day. I have cheated a couple of times and had a small serving of ice cream w/nuts, but I ran 3 miles to make up for it. :-)

Lunch has been a grilled cheese sandwich, veggie/noodle stirfry w/spicy peanuts, or a veggie/cheese wrap that I refer to as a grass sandwich. LOL!

Dinner varies, but I try to not go over my calorie count for the day. Last night was a whole wheat wrap w/Bush's grillin' beans. My husband and children chowed on some leftover Independence Day food.

The recipe for my new-favorite lunch is:

- 1 medium whole wheat wrap (120 calories)
- 1 handful of spring mix greens (5 calories at best)
- 1 tablespoon of chunky salsa (20 calories)
- 1 slice of pepperjack cheese (80 calories) - this is my splurge

This is SOOOO yummy that I sometimes have two or I'll eat one for dinner!

Bottom line, my weight is 137-138'ish for now. It's that time of the month, so I have a little water weight that keeps moving the numbers of the scale.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ahh Thursdays!

Morning ladies!

Weighed myself this morning, and I'm at 158.5. I broke the 160's, and I'm motivated to break the 150's. My mini-goal is to be able to go to the gym and weigh myself there without having to slide over the large, clunking bar over to the 150 and above area. Know what I mean?? Ahh, to only slide that lower bar to the 100-149 range... bliss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.