Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies >

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-25-2010, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you GameGal! I do agree that it's about the bigger picture rather than just weight loss. These little achievements make it worth the struggle for me.

I think it's great that you can do so much swimming. I'm a dreadful swimmer, but I do water aerobics every week and try swim a mile twice weekly. Love it!

Chunkydunk - You've done amazingly well. You should reward yourself every now and then for your efforts!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

I tried to avoid the scale this week but I decided to go for it... like someone here said.. it can actually be helpful it keeping me on track. Well.. unfortunately my weight has been holding steady all week. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day so I'm hoping *praying* that the scale will drop just in time. If not, I will forge ahead and not give up.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies,

Well I'm FRUSTRATED. I weighed this morning and I'm up .2 lbs this week. Is 1800 calories a day enough? According to Fitday I should lose 1 1/2 lbs a week on this. I also went running/power walking 5 times last week. Should I cut down further on my calories or just keep doing the same thing and and hopefully have some results next week? I lost almost 5 lbs the first week so maybe now my body is making up for that and leveling out?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Susan8Less
Good morning ladies,

Well I'm FRUSTRATED. I weighed this morning and I'm up .2 lbs this week. Is 1800 calories a day enough? According to Fitday I should lose 1 1/2 lbs a week on this. I also went running/power walking 5 times last week. Should I cut down further on my calories or just keep doing the same thing and and hopefully have some results next week? I lost almost 5 lbs the first week so maybe now my body is making up for that and leveling out?
Could be leveling out, could be water retention, could be swelling of your walking feet, could be constipation, could be Aunt Flow, welcome to the great guessing game that is the adult female weight loss journey. You have to give it time.

If it makes you feel better you're not the only one with an unimpressive weigh-in this morning. I'm up 2 pounds from yesterday! Gee, that's great just great. Unlike you though, I know who is to blame and it isn't any of the above reasons. I um, ate a lot yesterday. A lot. The sweet corn is ready and I just couldn't resist, I only ate 2. Well 2 for lunch and another 2 for dinner, and then a cold one right out of the fridge at midnight. Ugh. I'm a carbaholic and now I've got extra carbs in my system and it's turning vicious.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday wasn't the best day for me either... I didn't blow my carbs or calories, but my protein was low and my fat was wayyy too higher (higher than my carbs! O.o
I had an egg salad sandwich for lunch, but it was so good that I had another for dinner. Egg+Mayo= too much fat.
But I got up today and did some vigorous floor scrubbing first thing this morning, so I hope that helps!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

I am also up 3 lbs today. I know mine is water weight ( too much sodium yesterda) but even though I know what it is caused by, it is still frustrating.
Good thing, once every 24 hours, we all get a new chance to start again!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days...life has been pretty busy and I've had a little extra energy I've been putting to good use with housework.

ChunkyDunk78, CONGRATS! An 8lb loss? I'm so happy for you!

And WeightlossBoo, congrats to you for the 2.5lb loss as well as the extra time on the elliptical. It's great when you can tell how much healthier you are not just by the scale, but by your endurance too!

Susan8Less,its interesting to me that we're almost the same size, and after almost the same amount of weight loss we both had a week where it kind of halted. Maybe our bodies are readjusting? I wonder if it's typical for anyone to go through that after about a 13-14lb weight loss? I'd say give it a week or two to see if it's just a momentary readjustment, then tweak if you're not seeing results. Are you using measurements as well as the scale to track your progress? I haven't seen the scale move much in 2 weeks, but I've lost 7.5 inches in that time, so that's gone a long way towards making the slowed weight loss not so bad

almeeker, that sweet corn can be addictive. My big carb urge is usually mashed potatoes. I have to carefully limit myself with them & make sure my stepson & husband take care of any leftovers so I'm not sitting in front of an open fridge door with a spoon & a face full of mashed potatoes at 3am.

GameGal (& almeeker), I hate that the scale wasn't very friendly to you this week. Please know that you both are an inspiration to us, though. Seeing how much weight you've lost & seeing you weather the bad times along with the good is the motivation we all need when we have bad weeks & get frustrated early on.

So I had an OK loss this past week...1.2lbs (14.5 total). I have a feeling that my body may finally be readjusting to a more typical weight loss. If I can nudge that up just a bit to average 1.6lbs a week, I should be able to reach my goals.

I also think, thanks to some research on PCOS, that it may very well hinder my weight loss efforts. Women with PCOS have a difficult time losing weight due to the insulin resistance & hormone imbalances, and they may lose at a slower rate than most people. This didn't make me happy, but it's a reality check that this is not going to be an overnight fix. This is a LIFE change.

I upped my calories probably by 300-400 a day, and I definitely felt a boost in my energy I haven't felt since the 2nd & 3rd week of this diet & exercise change. This week, I'm only going to up it by 200-300 a day to see if maybe I can nudge that loss up a little. But this is also my TOM week (It should start this Friday), so the scale may not be happy with me on Monday.

But as I said above, I lost 7.5 inches on my body in the past 2 weeks, and 15.5 in the past month. I didn't really see a body or clothing change until the past few weeks, and now I can actually see I've lost a little weight.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Well... as much as I felt like giving up and saying, "what's the use"!! I managed to limit myself to 1800 calories today. I am being more careful to measure and weigh my portions to make sure I am counting calories accurately. I was probably estimating too low last week and so that's likely a contributing factor to my weight loss plateau. I hope I can stay on this path and see some results next week.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default Grocery Shopping...

Just curious-- how has your grocery shopping changed since you started this?
I didn't really cook a regular dinner every night before. I rarely ate breakfast (if I did it was a pepsi and some kind of coffee cake or reeses pb cups)... I did eat a regular lunch (probably not a bad one either... usually a sandwich and fruit or something like that)... but dinner could be anything. if I wanted oreos, that's what I ate... if I wanted pizza, that's what i ate, etc.
I did eat a lot of fruits and veggies in the mix of all that (of course not as many as I eat now), but particularly fruit (I can't believe its good for you, it tastes so good, LOL).
Anyways, I feel like I am spending wayyyyyyyyyyy more on groceries that I ever would have before, because it takes more (quantity to make me feel full and satisfied- as well as to have a normal calorie intake). Previously I would have been satisifed/full/happy to eat a king size snickers bar and drink a pepsi for a meal... (healthy, no, but definitely cheap!)

So.... Advice? I am trying to balance out eating a bit of more "normal" food now (I had lunch at McD's today and still managed to stay where I wanted to be- I had a grilled chicken sandwich without the mayo and a small fry).
At first I was really trying to detox and break the addiction to the caffeine and sugar. But I obviously want to be able to eat normal foods-- I need to be able to maintain this lifestyle forever. I am trying to learn to eat that junky crap as a LITTLE treat rather than a meal LOL.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hey ChunkyDunk, good going on making headway into eating better, especially resisting the cheeseburglers or who knows what else at McD's. I totally hear you about spending more money on groceries. My husband and I spend wayyyy more money on food than we did when we were eating crap. It's sad, and I also think it's a big part of the many reasons why Americans are getting rounder. But I digress! Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of tips on saving money on healthy stuff - ultimately, if you're not in a position to grow your own fruits/veggies, the fresh stuff is going to cost you. If you have a farmer's market in your area, sometimes it'll be cheaper to go that route (sometimes not). Canned veggies are good and cheap, and I make my own hummus. If you like the consistency/taste of Greek yogurt but not the price (where I live, it's too expensive for us to buy consistently), you can strain regular yogurt using a cheesecloth and come up with something similar to Greek yogurt... or so I'm told. I haven't tried it yet. I'm not so big on frozen vegetables, but there are plenty who enjoy them. I tell myself that the 'cheapest thing" (let's say a bag of Doritos) is not really the cheapest thing in the long run when it comes to potential health issues and quality of life. I buy produce on sale (thankfully I like most veggies and fruits) and try to buy carefully so none of it goes bad. Good luck! If any one has money-saving advice for our grocery bills, I'm all ears.
In other news, I've been on a plateau for the last 2-ish weeks, and am hoping it's almost done. I was anticipating it, but it sure doesn't make it any more fun. :P
The good news is that Monday is over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.