Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-12-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Glad to help with the tuna, I LOVE it for breakfast, well anytime really.

Greek yogurt is strained yogurt, it comes plain and in flavors, and with or without fat. The plain stuff tastes and looks very much like sour cream. It's good with fruit, or mixed with taco seasoning and dumped on a salad. I also like it mixed with ff ranch dressing and used as dip. It has a ton of protein, like 13-15 grams per serving. Brands vary a little in terms of calories, but the one I like best is called Fage Total 0%, it has 90 calories, 0 grams of fat and 15 grams of protein per serving, and it costs $1.69 for a single serve tub. I also buy a brand called Chobani, when I need a bigger tub.
Thank you for the tips. I can't wait to try it. Sounds delish! Wow... This website is so awesome. I have learned so much in just a few short weeks.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Susan8Less - congrats on the 10lb weight loss and meeting your first mini-goal!
ldybug1752 - congrats on the 15.6lbs total loss! I'm almost there with ya!
WeightlossBoo - congrats on the 5lb loss this week, that's a great number!
almeeker - congrats on the 14.4" loss, wow!

Good morning everyone! I walked into a cluster**** of a mess at work this morning, but I'm still trying to stay positive. Why? Because I saw a 3lb loss on the scale this morning!

I'm now at 238.5. That's 14.5lbs since I started on 6/10. I've also accomplished mini-goal 1 of the new mini-goals I've set: dropping down to Obese Class 2 of BMI (240lbs or lower). So yay! That means getting a cheap pair of flip-flops later this week & a bottle of nail polish. Finally, shoes I can show off the toes with!

I also do a bi-weekly measurement check. Here's what I got yesterday:

Bust 50" (no change)
Chest 40" (-1.5)
Waist 45" (-5)
Hips 53" (-1)
Right Thigh 31" (+1)
Left Thigh 30" (no change)
Right Calf 19" (+.5)
Left Calf 18.5" (no change)
Left Arm 17.5" (+1)
Left Forearm 12" (+1)
Right Arm 19" (+1)
Right Forearm 12.5" (no change)

I don't know where the +1's are coming from (maybe muscle? I've been doing a lot of inclined treadmill walking & swimming), but that's still 3 inches lost in the past 2 weeks, so that's good news too.

This past weekend was just weird. First was the Outback dinner & drinks (unusual since we are usually broke). Then my mom decided to cook a meal on Sunday of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, & beans. I decided to work out Sunday morning, and did pretty good on my serving sizes of the food. I tried to fill up on some salted slices of beefsteak garden tomatoes (SO GOOD!), and that definitely helped.

Mashed potatoes are a weakness of mine. I ate a little more last night with some salmon for dinner, and will have some with meatloaf leftovers tonight (eek!). I usually only have them once a week. I'm staying in my calorie range, but they're bad because I have to watch my carbs.

So this weekend was definitely a lesson in enjoying good food in moderation & not denying myself when it comes to special occasions. And with a 3lb loss, I hope that means I'm doing it right
Old 07-12-2010, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

Mstaff - You are so 'doin it right.' Congrats on your loss, and good luck at work.
I take measurements as opposed to weighing myself, and I gotta tell ya, I've gotten really similar results as you have. I've lost inches from my chest, waist, hips, etc. BUT my biceps/forearms and thighs have increased a little bit. Like you, I do a lot of incline treadmill walking, and I do some weightlifting as well. I find it a bit odd, too, but sounds like our bodies are reacting in similar ways. Interesting, no?

Ugh, it's Monday and I'm rather grouchy on that account, but here's to a good week.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

mstaff, I'm cracking up that you measure both sides and that they are different!!! I thought I was the only one with an oddball body. I usually just measure the right side, because it's the bigger of the two, well everywhere except my chest - where it's strangely the smaller of the two. Weird eh? Anyway congratulations on the inches lost, 3" in 2 weeks is AMAZING!!!

I totally know where your coming from in learning about portion control. I've been letting myself have things that I didn't dare touch in the beginning. I'm trying very hard to teach myself that although I cannot have an endless supply of what I want, that I can have a bite or two, it's not the end of the world, and I can and will jump immediately back on the diet train without any regrets. Ultimately my plan is to watch my calories M-F and eat whatever I want on the weekends (within reason). I figure that any damage I can do in 2 days can be undone in 5, well hopefully....
Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Pixie5477
Please educate me about edamame... I have never heard of it.
Edamame is just a fancy word for baby soybeans. I enjoy steaming frozen edamame, or the dry roasted kind I mentioned before. The dry roasted edamame has almost a peanut-like flavor, and is just a little crunchier. There's 14g of soy protein (and 8g of fiber!) in a 1/4 cup serving of the dry roasted edamame. It's a good snack to munch on, especially when trying to get more protein in your diet.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everybody,

new to the forum but not to fitday. I've been using it since I started prepping for my gastric bypass back 2002... and whenever I stick to using it regularly I always lose weight and when I don't, well the pounds sneak back.

Plus it's amazing even with a 10oz stomach how much you can pack away when you're not keeping track!

looking forward to the journey
Old 07-12-2010, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

My gosh!!! Tuesday is my weigh-in day and I totally forgot to weigh-in! I am so upset! I have to do it at 4 a.m. on Tuesday to retain consistency. As of last week, I was weighing in every single day. I convinced myself to go a whole week without weighing in and now I forgot.

GRRRRR!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

My gosh!!! Tuesday is my weigh-in day and I totally forgot to weigh-in! I am so upset! I have to do it at 4 a.m. on Tuesday to retain consistency. As of last week, I was weighing in every single day. I convinced myself to go a whole week without weighing in and now I forgot.

GRRRRR!!!!!!
My weight day is today as well. I weight myself when ever I get up after my morning pee. I am 240 now so down 1 more pound lol. It is coming off soo slowly but I guess at least it is coming off.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

GRRRRR!!!!!!
I can't even imagine not weighing myself everyday. I know a lot of people worry that they become obsessed with the scale. I'm probably certifiably obsessed, but I have an optimistic nature, and tend to think everything is fine and dandy so long as I don't eat anything bad for me. That morning scale check helps to keep things in check.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
mstaff, I'm cracking up that you measure both sides and that they are different!!! I thought I was the only one with an oddball body. I usually just measure the right side, because it's the bigger of the two, well everywhere except my chest - where it's strangely the smaller of the two. Weird eh? Anyway congratulations on the inches lost, 3" in 2 weeks is AMAZING!!!
HA! I am really right-handed when it comes to writing, shooting baskets, etc. (my left hand is pretty much useless unless I type or do something requiring both hands), so it does surprise me that my right side is the "dominant" side of my body.

The funnier part about that is when I swim, if I don't focus on it, I pull to one side & hit the lane divider! You'd also think that the right one was the bigger boob, but it's not!

I'm hoping once I get into some real strength training later this year, I can work out my left side a little more & hopefully catch it up to my right.

Congrats christineval on the 1lb loss! Even though it's a small loss, it's still a loss and that is always good news!

Welcome FatApple03 to the forums! I've heard a lot of people say that about Fitday and writing down food in general; that only when they consistently do that do they successfully lose weight. Your brain can easily rationalize serving sizes when you just eyeball it, but it's hard to do that when it's all down in black and white. Glad you're here.

Here's hoping Tuesday is better than Monday was. I was exhausted when I got home last night & really craving a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles. It didn't help when my hubby went & got one. I grumbled & eventually just went to bed. If I'm still craving the bowl come Sat., I'll have one, but I'm going to try to hold out until then to see if it passes. Too many mashed potatoes & sweet drinks the last 3 days has me wanting more carbs. It's interesting. I'm still staying within my carb range, but since the carbs I've been eating aren't as complex (potatoes are complex, but they break down more like simple carbs), I'm getting where I'm craving sweet stuff again. So maybe 3 or 4 days of "detox" and I won't crave them as much.

Did get my workout in this morning. Had to push a little more because I woke up late & had to shorten it, but feel pretty good.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.