Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 -Pounders Weekly Check-In for 6/29/10 >

5-15 -Pounders Weekly Check-In for 6/29/10

Community
Notices

5-15 -Pounders Weekly Check-In for 6/29/10

Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default 5-15 -Pounders Weekly Check-In for 6/29/10

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Time to check in the: , the , the , and the !
Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
FitDay Member

I was wondering if any of the groups did weekly weigh ins... I love that cause it keeps me more accountable!

As of yesterday, 6/28, I was down 3.4 pounds in the last week. I was pleasantly surprised because it usually comes off a lot slower the lower my weight gets.

I haven't gotten the workouts in that I wanted... only 2 last week, but my goal is to work out AT LEAST 3 days this week. I'm off to a good start... I did my Firm Bootcamp DVD yesterday which kicks my butt after not doing it in so long!

My mini goal was to hit 137 by 7/23 (when we leave for vacation), but now I'm hoping to surpass that. I'll honestly be happy with a 1 pound loss for this week though, just because I'm closing in on the weight that I tend to plateau.

I hope everyone's having a great week! Good luck LOSERS!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-- guess I'm back at it! I weighed 134 today....lost 2 lbs this week which is 2 of the 4 I gained on vacation.... I feel really good about losing them so fast, for me! I hope to get back to 132 by next Tuesday, if I keep it up.....Have a great week ! Sharon
Old 06-29-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

HI Girls, I am actually on vacation right now, and there is no scale here, but I am checking in to stay accountable. My husband went grocery shopping with me and there is lots of junk food in our place (along with fruit and veggies I got) but it is really hard to stay on track. I keep telling myself that I can not come home heavier than when I left!

Cograt's to those who lost again this week. I am hoping for some good results soon! Off to the pool!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Soooo, I am still sticking with my increased protein diet. I am trying to keep it around 30%. I'm getting better at it. Boy, carbs are just a part of my daily intake. Need to grocery shop so that I have more choices. Anyway, poundage is STILL the same. Soooo strange. But I lost about .5 an inch around my belly button, big poochie area there. Lost about an inch in the boobies (woops, sorry hubby), waistline and hips are still the same. Sooooo, to sum losing something and am glad of that.

Kung fu update: had a long talk w/ Sifu and Simu (kinda like sensei in karate, meaning father/teacher) about my issues with striking another human being. I sparred with Simu (mother,teacher) and every time I struck her I stopped and begged forgiveness. Really quite comical. Their long talk gave me some really good suggestions that will hopefully help me to overcome that issue so that I can test and progress.

So happy for all of your successes this week. Keep it up, it is inspirational.

Mambo girl re: vacation food. Splurge a little, you are on vacation, after all. I will keep you in my thoughts that your splurge will be one that satisfies but doesn't derail your progress.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Geez, I forgot to do my own check-in, how bad is that? Work has been absolutely brutal; haven't had a break in 10 days. But I am fee for service and it's making up for the slow times so I can't complain. I am trying to keep focused on eating well and getting my exercise in. Tonight I'm stuck with pistachios and turkey for snack since I was grabbing carb crap for most of the day . Otherwise, still maintaining, though I had 2 rest days this past week instead of one.

Great job on the losses, Sarah, Sharon, and Michelle! Interesting insights and processing going on in the dojo, sounds like . Mambo, hope you're enjoying vacation. Maybe some R&R is just what you need to relax the body and get things moving again when you get back. Stress can impede weight loss, as we all know. I truly applaud your dedication in checking in. Personally I am terrified of vacation...please check in with any helpful tips! Mine starts July 24.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default Stormy times

Hi ladies!

Am glad to be back! Last week was quite chaotic with all the travelling and job interviewing. Turns out, I DID rock the interview and was offered the position, but after a weekend of considering and reconsidering, I have finally declined. It sounded great to start with (editorial traineeship in a small publishing house), but i simply didn't feel comfortable with it. It's very poorly paid, but what's worse, there doesn't seem to be anyone to actually train people. But that's the whole point when you do a traineeship, right?? I don't know, if this is a German thing, but trainees are a lot cheaper than actual editors, so I got the felling that they simply wanted to save money.
Anyhow, I've got the proposition to start my PhD with a fellowship program in early October, so I guess I will stick with the original plan, even though it means gapping summer with some job or other. Ah well...
So...I gained 1 pound. No surprises there

Congrats to all of you who managed to lose & to those who are struggling: stick with us, you can do it!!

Hope, you all have a great week!!

Last edited by MollySue2; 06-29-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-
I haven't been around for a few day (getting ready for vacation), but things are going well. I"m actually down 6 lbs from what I started at-only 3 since I started checking in here, but hey, I'm happy with that! I've started working out with karate at least an hour a night-sometimes I even manage 2 hours. I return to karate class tomorrow night after 3 months off due to asthma.

All in all, things are going well!
Lynn
Old 06-30-2010, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
I don't know if I'll be weighing myself this week as I kind of like doing it only once every two weeks. I like to try and go by how my clothes feel, exercise, and calorie intake. Sometimes the number on the scale can get me down even if I feel like I'm making good changes.

Mambo, I'm glad you are hanging in alright! Looking forward to hearing how your vaca went.

MollySue, Congrats on getting the job offer even though you decided to stick with the Ph.D. Certainly those are tough life choices that you've had to make this week.

Cassie, Great job maintaining for another week! Is it becoming "natural" to you yet? I feel like I don't ever expect it to truly be "natural" for me.

Sharon, two pound loss in one week! Yahoo!!! That is awesome. You really got right back on the wagon after your brief hiatus! Glad you are keeping your motivation.

I just bought GNC AMP protein powder to put in my morning oats. I never would have thought I'd be buying protein powder as I like to think of myself as more "natural" than that..but I'm going to give it a shot! I am only using 1/2 a scoop every morning which as 46 calories, 10 grams of protein, 0 carbs and fat. I'm hoping this will do two things: keep me fuller for longer in the morning, increase my protein without increasing my fat, and help me shed a few pounds slowly.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

YEAH!! My body is slowly catching up. I lost 1 pound, as of today and lost 1/2 inch on my thighs and the rest that I had posted on Tuesday. Upping the protein and changing up my workouts is working. Whew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.