FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   new here :) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1426-new-here.html)

ChubbyCJ 06-28-2010 06:41 AM

new here :)

Hello everyone. I'm new here on fitday. suuuper motivated. I just wanted to say hello :) i'm still trying to figure out how everything works on here but i'm excited and hoping this helps.

505kappagirl 06-28-2010 02:24 PM

I am new too :). Good luck to you!

ullianna 07-01-2010 11:14 AM

I am a newbie too

hi a am new to this too. trying to figure out how things work around here. I have a question. What is the CALORIE BURNED bar graph? I mean the number is huge and i dont really get where it came from and what it exactly mean. so if anyone could explain please? oh and also, how do i contact the admin or where do i ask questions? i do not see any question button or contact page? please help!

SkinnyMamajo 07-03-2010 04:00 AM

New here too

Hi everybody. I am new here too! And also trying to find out how everything works. The only frustrating part for me is the activity log...trying to find the right activities that match up with what I'm doing (esp with the Elliptical not being an option!). I started my journey in March 2010, have lost almost 30 lbs, and about 3-4 pant sizes (depending on the style)! Good Luck everyone! :)
__________________________________________________ _______________
Tracy

Start Date: 3/24/10
Starting Weight: 176#
Current Weight: 148.8 today 7/3/10
Goal Weight: 135 by 9/2/10

changeisgood29 07-03-2010 12:50 PM

Welcome to everyone!

What is the CALORIE BURNED bar graph? I mean the number is huge and i dont really get where it came from and what it exactly mean. so if anyone could explain please?

Hey Ullianna, The yellow bar (calories burned) is pretty much a combination of 2 things: 1) how many calories you burn by your lifestyle (you can look on your Profile to set your lifestyle - sedentary, moderate, etc.) and 2) and your activity. Basically, it's FitDay's calculation of how many calories you burn just by living plus whatever activities you log in. In my opinion, FitDay's estimate of lifestyle caloric burning is too high, so I keep mine on 'sedentary' (even though I'm not). If you want to find out more, just do a Google search for "BMR" (basal metabolic rate) to find some calculators to find out how many calories you burn throughout the day at certain 'lifestyle' levels. You can include your age and other factors, too, using these calculators. An easy and mostly accurate way to determine how many calories you need to eat to maintain your current weight at a sedentary lifestyle is to multiply your weight by 10. So, let's say I weigh 240 - my BMR, using the simplified version, is 2400 calories.

As far as contacting admin, I'm not sure. I do know that there are many very helpful and friendly folks on the site, so don't be afraid to ask questions on the forums.

Grats on your loss, Skinnymamajo! I agree with you that logging activities is a pain on FitDay. It's not a perfect system. I use the weight loss program on the treadmill 35min a day, and I know I'm burning around 200cal every time, but FitDay likes to think I only burn 130, because it has no means of including inclines and different speeds, etc. But I take it with a grain of salt. :)

changeisgood29 07-03-2010 12:54 PM

Sorry, don't mean to be long-winded, but realized this may further clarify the calories burned bar chart:

Ok, so, for today, my yellow bar "calories burned" currently says 2500 cal. My blue bar "calories eaten" is at 1500. So, my calories burned for today (according to FitDay) is 1000 cal. Hope that helps!

ullianna 07-07-2010 09:19 AM

THanks!

Oh thank you so much for taking time and explaining. Now it makes sense. Thanks again. :)

BrendaS57 07-07-2010 11:13 AM

Hi I'm new also I still haven't figure out everything about this site I guess I'll learn as I go

Scrappy32 07-08-2010 03:12 PM

hello,
new here too.. trying to get myself in gear to lose weight and eat more healthy. good luck to you

lauren401 12-08-2017 03:19 PM

Welcome to fitday!