Community
Notices

I am truly desperate for help....

Old 06-26-2010, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Newbie here,
I have been slowly losing weight but tackled another problem on another womans' forum and really feel that made all the difference. So, I am here to lose 50 lbs. So far I have lost, 13 lbs this year. Now, my focus is on my food addiction. I am aware of why I eat. I also have tools for resisting and will use them for this. Ok ladies, looks like a great group of ladies here and I look forward to losing this weight once and for all. I am walking about 2 miles a week. All, junk food is almost all cleared out. I have had my orowheat high fiber toast with a tablespoon of honey this morning with coffee. Thank you for being here.!
Sue
Old 06-26-2010, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Great Book!

I understand exactly what you are saying and feeling, and I'm sure there are a lot of women out there feeling the same way. I think this book might help. Please don't be put off by the title, it is not a religious book. I found it comforting and really hit home.

"Women, Food and God", by Geneen Roth.

If you have time to do some reading, it is very insightful. The author gets it.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

OMG!!! sskogg I so just bought that book like 2 days ago. I started it last night and took it to work with me today. I can so relate to this book. Her examples and stories. I'm trying to figure out how to absorb all the information and remember all the things I need to be focused on rather then hiding in my plate. I love this book so far. It is truly like she crawled out of my head. I just wanted to sit and cry as I read some of it. I'm gonna keep reading and work on stopping trying to fix me! I have noticed that since starting this book I am more concious about what I am putting in my mouth at meal time.(sp?)