Notices

water diet ?

Old 05-17-2016, 07:32 PM
FitDay Member

Question water diet ?

For lack of a better term I am starting the "Water diet" tomorrow with my daughter. I do not mean we are fasting and drinking water only. That is unhealthy and I don't want to teach her really bad habits, such as starving herself . I mean we are doing a water diet as in actually drinking the daily recommended amount of water.

My question is : does anyone know if the daily amount is different for me (32 ,5ft 4, 5 kids and 227 lbs) and her (10 , 5ft 1 and about 120ish lbs) . I am assuming mine would be around 8-10 glasses of water but if her's is not the same , what would her's be ? I don't want her pushing herself to drink way too much and making herself sick, or damaging the size of her stomach.

Any advice?
Old 05-18-2016, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

That's such a good question - I'd call your doctor's office and just ask. They can probably answer that question easily. Drinking too much water IS unhealthy - but I don't know what the limits are.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

For most people maybe everyone it's about half a gallon
Old 12-12-2016, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

It's the amount of water you drink when you are thirsty. Just don't drink any flavored liquids, like soda, juice and milk, and you will hit the amount your body requires just fine. If you have to run to the washroom every hour on the hour, and your urine is colorless, you are drinking far too much.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:09 PM
FitDay Member

Hey! I think you should consult the doctor before letting your 10 yr old to this diet. As far as you are concerned, drinking a medium glass of water every hour will do the trick. Too much of anything is bad.