Notices

Moments of win!!

Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Moments of win!!

There's nothing better than having a little moment of "WOO HOO!!", is there? I had one today. Hubby came home for lunch, as usual, and he'd brought Burger King home for us both. When he offered me "mine", I passed it up and said "No thanks, I'm already making something" He said he knew I would be, but didn't want me to feel bad if he was eating fun food, and I wasn't. LOL The best part is I don't even mind turning it down. Definately a YIPPIE moment..

Who's next?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Way to Go!

That is awesome! I am only 3 days in and yesterday I tested myself by making my son and husband homemade burgers with bacon, Swiss cheese etc... and I sat there eating my low cal soup while they ate... I couldn't believe I managed to do that.

You definitely have great will power, because it is so easy to not only eat the wrong foods but when they are so easily accessible by him bringing it home to you-ready to eat (that is definitely great!)

Great Job!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

That's awesome ladies.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Wow. I don't know if I could have done that with the burgers. My family is getting what I'm eating. No other way!

Still I managed to resist a cupcake at work on Friday. I felt pretty virtuous about that!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default bsaz

It was very hard for me to cook that and then eat something better for me. But, to gear myself up for it...I kind of get mad (not at myself or my family) but mad at the food and mad at my emotions that I let get me in this situation. I just tell myself- it is not going to control me anymore and take charge.
However, I have yo-yo'd here and there since I was a teenager. My major problem has always been -not always reaching my final goal and before I know it I am heavier than when I started, kinda thing. So, this time around it has to be a lifestyle change so this will be a slow process for me.

Good Job on the Cupcake situation!!!! I worked in an office full of goodies all the time and set down all day in front of a computer. I gained a considerable amount of weight doing that! The job was stressful...so when I was there I would eat all they had to offer then go home and eat some more. Those days are history!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=srd1975;12813]That is awesome! I am only 3 days in and yesterday I tested myself by making my son and husband homemade burgers with bacon, Swiss cheese etc... and I sat there eating my low cal soup while they ate... I couldn't believe I managed to do that.

You definitely have great will power, because it is so easy to not only eat the wrong foods but when they are so easily accessible by him bringing it home to you-ready to eat (that is definitely great!)

Great Job![/QUOTE

There is no way I could have done that. LOL. It's the smells that get me. If I'm cooking something, or walking past someplace, and can smell the food, I'm done.

Bsaz, GREAT JOB on passing up the cupcakes!!! Cakes, especially chocolate, are my downfall. I have 3 kids, and there's usually some reason I'm asked to bake a dessert. I can't resist licking the spoon. LOL