Notices

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Old 06-29-2010, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thank You

You are all awesome and inspiring. Thank you for welcoming me into the group. I don't have internet at home, so it may take me a few days to respond to things, but I make sure to read each and every post. You get me so pumped up that I just want to leap from my desk and take off running, sweating, bicycling. Anything to get the blood moving. I love being part of something so wonderful!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Haven't caught up on all the posts and havent' been on since Thursday of last week. I had a busy weekend with DH out of town and a bunch of stuff to do. Deadlines are piling up at work, so I may not be on much in the next 2 weeks, but I wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here and will catch up at some point! I haven't been doing the greatest (DH out of town also meant eating more than I probably should have), but still not terrible even on days when I can't log in to record my foods. I've also been keeping up with at least 3 days a week of walking/jogging, so that in itself is an accomplishment. I don't think this week will have a loss in store come Thursday, but I'm hoping the scale doesn't go up, at least not by much. Catch y'all on the flipside!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, and MStaff - I wanted to let you know that I "followed" your blog with mine, so if you see some crazy "Emily" person following your blog, that's me! I love finding more bloggy friends!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

hi all
so wonderful to read all the posts-
welcome back jay was wondering where you had gotten too

almeeker- maybe all that whistling was distracting you lol, hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad and good for you on following thru and kept going

down the two pounds, maybe withthe heat some of it was water retention, and really doing good these last two days- just tyring to get back into the swing of things.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
Oh, and MStaff - I wanted to let you know that I "followed" your blog with mine, so if you see some crazy "Emily" person following your blog, that's me! I love finding more bloggy friends!
Yay! Another "almost 30" girl...I'm positive we can both reach our goals by our birthdays Nice to meetcha.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by speedyfair
almeeker- maybe all that whistling was distracting you lol, hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad and good for you on following thru and kept going

down the two pounds, maybe withthe heat some of it was water retention, and really doing good these last two days- just tyring to get back into the swing of things.
No, there wasn't any whistling at the track, if you want to be whistled at you gotta go to the PARK and wait for the drunken men floating down the river to come by. I'm feeling okay now, it could have been much much worse.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hello lovely ladies, I hope all is off to a good start for everyone.

Almeeker - sorry to hear about your fall; glad to hear you're ok - that did indeed sound painful.

Christine - Our stats and goals are pretty similar (though you probably have an inch or 2 on me... that's pretty common ), so I wanted to respond. Sounds to me like you're feeling overwhelmed by all this fitness stuff - and yes, it can be overwhelming (especially in the beginning) when you're trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, and meanwhile you want the weight off, like, yesterday. It also sounds like you're in it for the long haul, which is great, and that will be a huge part of your success. Almeeker mentioned some great ideas, and I'm also a big supporter of her advice to make 'one change at a time.'

I know it's easy to loosen up a bit on weekends, but it does sound like that may be part of the issue. I love beer, and am a total beer snob, but unfortunately, beer loves my belly back in a big way. I had to cut my alcohol intake considerably - I'm not going to lie, I miss my microbrews, but I can tell you I thoroughly enjoy my 1 beer a week, haha. Point being that losing weight is going to take some sacrifice - maybe consider your alcohol intake as a starting point... I'm not saying to completely 86 alcohol from your diet, but if you have 10 drinks a week (just an arbitrary number), that's quite a few empty calories.

I think it's really tough to get enough protein, too, but it's super important to losing weight and maintaining a healthy diet. Take a look at what you eat... maybe replace something you consistently eat that's low-protein and replace it with something that has some... i.e., replacing Lucky Charms with cottage cheese and fruit. Every time you find something that works, you're that much closer to your goal, and that much closer to not feeling lost in fitness, as it were. There are also some great websites out there that can help you feel more informed - FitDay is great; I also checked out the Mayo Clinic's website on exercise tips and other articles.

You can do this! Don't give up, just keep tweaking and playing around until you find something that does work. You've lost 9 pounds, so you're not doing it all wrong - I wish you all the luck and encouragement in the world.

Sorry for the wordiness... Tends to happen when I write.

That's all on my end, good luck to you all... Husband and I started doing some weightlifting this week, and my arms are sore! I'm telling myself that it's one day closer to being "uber."
Old 06-29-2010, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default Get well soon!!!

I am very new to this site and working on losing some weight but I:confused need some help.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:13 PM
FitDay Member

Ok, back in the saddle... I had a nutty weekend full of kids and parks and homemade pizza (I only at the topping). So, my Bootcamp coach came by last night to measure me and....

I LOST 34.5 INCHES IN 8 WEEKS! I'm so happy I wanna pee. So, I need to re-committ to my exercise, make sure to get it in everyday... it's just hard with the 100+ degree weather here, makes me literally feel faint just being in it. Arg. I'm flirting with a decade mark, if I don't hit it this week then I will definitely hit it next week... 240's HERE I COME!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

skinny congrats - yoo-hoo !!! all of your hard work has been paying off, its great to see it on the scale , but measurements are the real payoff.

i agree with the recent posting about taking one day & one thing at a time, i think if you try to much it can be overwhelming. do one thing and get that established and then the next step will be a little easier. it is about making choices, and that is a terrific idea about substitutuing a choice of habit and trying a new higher protein or healthier choice

got to get ready for work- and going to fix a healthy breakfast before i go, a scambled egg & whole wheat toast good start for the day and a fruit to take for a snack later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.