Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies >

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Old 06-24-2010, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Skinny and Emily congrats on your weight loss!! I'm clapping for you guys.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Skinny and Emily congrats on your weight loss!! I'm clapping for you guys.

Your's too! It must have been all those little tablespoons you were eating! LOL.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
I am 5'4.
Awesome, you're in.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
ROFLMAO .... you two are too much! I say go for it - boxing is good exercise, Jillian says it burns something like 800 calories an hour!

Almeeker - what you lack in height you OBVIOUSLY make up for in Muchness.
Yep, that's me much mouthiness. It's a good thing I'm not a real boxer, cause I talk trash enough to get myself kilt and kilt good. 800 calories/hr for boxing, really? Wow that's right up there with marathons and competitive polar bear swimming. I do like the boxing thing on the Wii Fit Plus, but I've had to lay off a little with the damaged shoulder.

Way to go getting all those date offers, even if you're not going to take any of them up. How wonderful is that you rockin' hot mama!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcomes! And thank you, almeeker, for that show of support for my 64 inches, hahaha.

Skinny - I need to get on the scale, I know you're right. It's something I'm building up to. I guess my fear is that it'll end being something I really don't expect (not in a good way) and my emotional response will lead to self-destructive behavior and a massive derailment of habits I've recently worked hard at achieving. I've never "looked" as heavy as what the scale reads, but that's good and bad... Good for obvious reasons, bad in that I may be underestimating what I weigh. But then, the numbers don't *really* change anything other than the fact that I can track progress (I did take my measurements a few days ago, though). I weigh what I weigh whether I know what that number is or not. I'll work on this more and get my butt on a scale sooner as opposed to later. July 1st could be a good goal to set for that... Hmmm.... Thanks for the input.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Almeeker - I bet you're still too cute for words... and chipmunk cheeks are cute on only two things: chipmunks and babies. I doubt you are either, though the mental picture of a chipmunk hog tying a steer just gave me the giggles.
Sandy from Sponge Bob could do it, but then again she's a squirrel.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Moo-wa, that's a big smooth from me to all of you. This thread is such a good thing. Welcome to all the new voices. As much as I would like to welcome all of you individually, my 3 year old is hanging off my arm screaming "I want yogurt", so I have to go. Hug, smooch, later ladies....
Old 06-24-2010, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Sandy from Sponge Bob could do it, but then again she's a squirrel.
Girlfriend, you and I are too alike! I thought the same thing right after I typed it... then remembered she was a squirrel!
And BTW, I didn't know polar bears swam competitively - do you have to go to the artic or is it something I could see at the zoo? Do they do the backstroke? Bahahahahahahahaha! I crack myself up.
Oh, and another thing - as someone who is a former 5'7"... being "travel sized" IS NOT a requirement for admission to our little group!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I used to be cute, but I've completely lost my chubby chipmunk cheeks. And you might have been an MP in the Army, which technically gives you the edge here, but I have 2 brothers and grew up on a farm. Outside of my own family members I haven't wrestled too many people, but I can hog tie a steer, flip and shear sheep and toss 80 pound bales of hay up over my head all day long. No matter your training you just can't be any meaner or stubborn then that last steer we took to market... He sure was yummy.

OK, I see I just can't win and I would probably die rolling while you beat me up if you had wrestled a steer or something before, Almeeker. You win! But what you didn't know is that I am a country girl too. My father loaded tires all day and at twelve, I could load the biggest truck tire, so any time, any day. But all kidding aside, it is so nice to read how fit you all are with your gardening or pottery or playing with your kids. So often we are seen as slovenly and such is not the case.

Sorry you guys you hFW youe beer and I havw my wine. I can'r read your pot---old eiyes. Bi8t what I hav I read so far is great. Change, beliee itor not your are the same age as my kids. I joined curevs a few years ago and it wasn't enough of enough exericse for me. I am bugg and I say that not to be out there, but it is the ruth. I normally lift weightests. I am just tiered now because I have a camcer scare//

Last edited by Jaybrodz; 06-24-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jaybrodz
OK, I see I just can't win and I would probably die rolling while you beat me up if you had wrestled a steer or something before, Almeeker. You win! But what you didn't know is that I am a country girl too. My father loaded tires all day and at twelve, I could load the biggest truck tire, so any time, any day. But all kidding aside, it is so nice to read how fit you all are with your gardening or pottery or playing with your kids. So often we are seen as slovenly and such is not the case.

Sorry you guys you hFW youe beer and I havw my wine. I can'r read your pot---old eiyes. Bi8t what I hav I read so far is great. Change, beliee itor not your are the same age as my kids. I joined curevs a few years ago and it wasn't enough of enough exericse for me. I am bugg and I say that not to be out there, but it is the ruth. I normally lift weightests. I am just tiered now because I have a camcer scare//
Jay honey, are you okay? Did that wine get to your fingers? I've been taking muscle relaxants at night, so I don't dare type anything after 9:00pm. Have they gotten back to you about your fishy mammogram? Keep us posted. I had a cancer scare myself a few years ago and it was really stressful for several months.

A good friend of mine had breast cancer about 5-6 years ago. She was such a trooper, I'll never forget her positive attitude towards the whole thing. I know she cried for a couple of days after the diagnosis, but then it was like she stood up and said "okay what do I have to do to get well", and then went and did it. She had to have a bilateral mastectomy, and her surgeon used fat from her stomach to do reconstruction at the same time. She came out of that whole ordeal with a new and seriously improved figure. So when she went wig shopping she got 2, one for everyday that looked like her normal hair and a sexier one to compliment her new curves. She's been cancer free since her last round of chemo, and I have to think her positive attitude has something to do with that.

Skinny, I don't know if polar bears swim competitively or not, but there are crazy humans out there that swim in water so cold you have to break the ice off the top to get in it. Some folks just go in the water and they are called "Polar Bears", other folks actually dive in and race and they are called "Competitive Polar Bears". It's a frozen north thing, you CA folks probably wouldn't be stupid or bored enough to try it. But it burns up calories like crazy, because not only are you swimming, you are also trying to keep from freezing to death. Most of the time the polar bear events happen at the crack of dawn and either right after or right before (or both) the swimmers all get in a steam sauna. It's crazy stuff, I've never been an actual Polar Bear, but I've watched from the side lines a few times.

Gotta go, soccer camp gets out in 7 minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.