Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies >

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Old 06-24-2010, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Did I say "tall girls rule"? Oh no I did not, I said there were getting to be a lot of you on this thread. Besides jay, when you take off you're legs I'd bet we're eye to eye. That's right sister, eye to eye and I mean to tell you I'm meaner than I look and fight dirty!
Almeeker, you are too cute to be mean and I pack a mean punch. Just remember I was an MP in the army. I have taken many a man down. Lol. You had me rolling.

Skinny, every time I see you, I am amazed and so proud of you. I am with you, healthful eating is cheaper than the usual. Junk food goes so fast and pound for pound what are you paying for. Chips at $3.49 for a pound bag do not last long in a family of five. Morning cereals are out there, but I still eat them because unlike you with the eggs and all, I am basically a lazy person, (I feel I have earned it.) and just mix up my powdered milk and have Fiber One for the old system. You have some great ideas, but I am going to add to it just a little more. You touched on it when you mentioned not buying any vegetables that you don't like; I would venture to say don't buy anything that you don't like because it will just disappoint you and might send you toward something that isn't as good for you. I absoultely refuse to buy celery. It's not that I don't like the taste of it, I just get no enjoyment from eating it. Carrots have flavor and I enjoy crunching on them and fill fulfilled, but celery, you can have that. Also, I finally, tried asparagus again, ladies and it was OK. It was in a Bird's Eye Steamfresh mix. I like those and no, I don't buy fresh veggies, except for peppers, onions, etc because I live alone AND what did I say, I am lazy. So, if you don't feel up to the whole foods thing, don't feel like you are inadequate, you have to make your diet your own. And I have one last thing to say, the word diet isn't a bad word. The media has made it bad. The meaning of it is eating program. It's whether you have a healthy diet or unhealthy diet. My diet is and always has been for the most part healthy, I just have to eat less of it.

All right to catch the new ladies up, you saw where Almeeker referred to my legs and my low goal weight. I lost my legs in the service. I won't go into it, but that's the gist of it. I am a Christian and have been for about thirteen years. I am a 2X divorcee with grown kids, 2 boys that will be 30 in October and December--one is step, but I don't think of him that way and a daughter that will be 27 in November. I am 52 and share a birth date with Egmdobbs, I think. I can't see the posts right now, so correct me if I am wrong. I love animals and am re-going back to school after a year off due to some VA authorized construction that is finally happening in my neck of the woods. I'm up in WA state, where I retired but am originally from S. NJ and haven't been back there in fifteen years, when my father passed. I have one sister and I hadn't mentioned this yet but a brother that committed suicide last year, who I miss dearly. That is the one that retired from the navy. I don't think he was depressed, he just said he had done all he wanted to do in life. I don't know, maybe he was bipolar like me, but I can't ever imagine doing something like that with knowing what it would do to my family. My illness is medicated and came about after a year of severe depression over what I had lost. I just stayed on the couch and then one day, I thought well if I am going to be in this wheelchair, let me see what I can do from it. I must have baked a thousand cookies--manic. I'm OK now or I wouldn't be able to do all the things that I do. I did work study a year ago at the VA in the building where they manage people with severe illness and give them "busy" jobs at less than minimum wage. It is authorized because it is considered therapy and it was so sad to see what condition some of them were in. I was thankful to God almost daily that wasn't me. Oh well, TMI, again.

Suffice it to say that I spent 17 years in the army and attained the rank of MSG and I am extremely proud of that. Whether I will actually go back to work and teach is up in the air. I am going to school to get out and meet people and get out of my little world and to have something to do. What I would like to do is tutor for free at some already established charity. I had thought about doing it in my home but that would leave me open to trouble in today's sue happy world.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jaybrodz
Almeeker, you are too cute to be mean and I pack a mean punch. Just remember I was an MP in the army. I have taken many a man down. Lol. You had me rolling.
I used to be cute, but I've completely lost my chubby chipmunk cheeks. And you might have been an MP in the Army, which technically gives you the edge here, but I have 2 brothers and grew up on a farm. Outside of my own family members I haven't wrestled too many people, but I can hog tie a steer, flip and shear sheep and toss 80 pound bales of hay up over my head all day long. No matter your training you just can't be any meaner or stubborn then that last steer we took to market... He sure was yummy.

Last edited by almeeker; 06-24-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Did I say "tall girls rule"? Oh no I did not, I said there were getting to be a lot of you on this thread. Besides jay, when you take off you're legs I'd bet we're eye to eye. That's right sister, eye to eye and I mean to tell you I'm meaner than I look and fight dirty!

Oh crap, I gotta go the kids are up and I need to get that workout done.
ROFLMAO .... you two are too much! I say go for it - boxing is good exercise, Jillian says it burns something like 800 calories an hour!

Almeeker - what you lack in height you OBVIOUSLY make up for in Muchness.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Another two pounds today, which makes me secretly pleased - doctors recommend losing at that pace for it to be healthy and more permanent. Researching plastic surgeons, OH! and body brushing. Found some great sites and going today to pick up my body brush (only $7!). Thanks Jaynie, I'll let you know how it goes.
I can't believe I have only 104 pounds to go... will you all still let me play in the sand box when I have less than 100 to go? *sniff* ... if not, I'll just have to go eat a Snickers... I JOKE! I JOKE! I KID! I KID!
Bootcamp tonight, woot woot. Feeling my Mojo coming back!

OH! And you guys remember me talking about the meeting with the guy who makes me feel all squishy? HE TOTALLY ASKED ME OUT YESTERDAY! BAHAHAHAHAHA! I got asked out! Who woulda guessed!? Oh, and then today, one of the other managers at work asked if she could be my date for my birthday party!? I got the mad sex-ies happening!

Last edited by SkinnyErinn; 06-24-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

I used to be cute, but I've completely lost my chubby chipmunk cheeks. And you might have been an MP in the Army, which technically gives you the edge here, but I have 2 brothers and grew up on a farm. Outside of my own family members I haven't wrestled too many people, but I can hog tie a steer, flip and shear sheep and toss 80 pound bales of hay up over my head all day long. No matter your training you just can't be any meaner or stubborn then that last steer we took to market... He sure was yummy.
Almeeker - I bet you're still too cute for words... and chipmunk cheeks are cute on only two things: chipmunks and babies. I doubt you are either, though the mental picture of a chipmunk hog tying a steer just gave me the giggles.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, welcome newbies!

I joined this group because I love what they all write and I felt like I got a lot of support and incredible motivation from their threads. I also just really like their personalities and wanted to join the party!

my weight loss story: I joined Weight Watchers about 5 years ago and lost 30 lbs, then gained back 10, now I'm losing it again/trying hard to maintain my weight and not feel that it is a constant struggle. I went to WW today--hadn't been in two weeks and was happy to see the scale go down after a month (maybe 2 months--i stopped counting after a while) of it not moving. I lost 1.8. sweet relief after some frustration.

Another idea for cheap meal (breakfast):
oatmeal is cheap and you can get coupons for it if you search, and I buy a milk carton sized box of egg whites. I put egg whites in my oatmeal. Adds protein and keeps me going longer. The egg whites take like 3 months to go bad and they only cost $3.50.

I also buy regular eggs because the yolk is where the nutrition is at, but I add extra egg whites into my eggs to add bulk.

Frozen veggies are sometimes cheaper than fresh. I will roast them in the oven (to get the water out) and then add them to my eggs and make a fritatta.

I buy cottage cheese instead of yogurt because its much cheaper. I'm a grad student so I'm watching my pennies.

I love reading all of your funny posts about who'd win a fight between Jay and Almeeker....you guys are fantastic and both are winners in my book. (sorry for the cheese factor with that comment! ha.)

bye for now!

Last edited by blackrhino2; 06-24-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Reading all the posts between last night and this morning had me laughing out loud at work! My co-worker actaully asked me what I was reading I was being so loud! You all are too funny!

Skinny - Congrats on the loss, and the not one, but two dates? Are you going to follow through? Where have you left things with your SO? IMO, just like speedy, you could use a new man, or a new woman, or whatever blows that proverbial skirt up! You rock!

Great ideas for cheap eats! I say also check out local markets and farmer's markets. Lots of fresh stuff cheap this time of year. My Sam's Club membership is a very well spent $35 - I buy all my boneless skinless frozen chicken there, lots of fruits and veggies, eggs, milk, and even whole wheat english muffins, tortillas, sandwich thins, etc. They do have healthy stuff if you shop smart.

Busy, busy, busy at work today. But thought I would check in to say that #1 - I got up and made up my rained out Wednesday workout. In only my second workout in two years, I was able to jog a half mile already. I think it's mind over matter here and I'm determined to bounce back. I ran 13.1 miles only 2 years ago, birthed child with no drugs a year and a half ago, and nothing could hurt like those two things. So a little side ache, a little leg cramp - ain't got nuthin' on me! And #2 - I lost 3.6 pounds this week! After two weeks of little half-pound losses, it feels good to have a big number. I wanted to lose 20 pounds total before my birthday in July, and I have about 3 weeks to lose another 2.4 pounds. I can totally do that!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hello lovely ladies,

Just wanted to pop in and offer all my best wishes and thoughts to everybody on this journey...and ask if I could join the party! I'm not sure how much I weigh (still not ready to find out); but I'm somewhere between 225-240, so I could stand to lose 100-ish pounds. My goal weight at the moment is 140 (the high end of 'healthy,' but I think it's reasonable for me), which I hope to achieve by June 2011. Hopefully you'll take me despite my lack of accurate measurements, lol. I'll post them as soon as I take a deep enough breath to handle the scale. Oh, I'm 29 and since height was a hot topic, I'll mention that I am 5'4.

I've been on FitDay for a couple weeks, but started exercising and eating better mid-May. How much weight I've lost is naturally anyone's guess, but clothes are looser and I feel better, and at the moment that's good enough for me.

I've posted a little bit here and there on other threads, but wanted a 'home,' if you will. I appreciate reading all of your thoughts and wanted to officially offer my support and solidarity too!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Hello lovely ladies,

Just wanted to pop in and offer all my best wishes and thoughts to everybody on this journey...and ask if I could join the party! I'm not sure how much I weigh (still not ready to find out); but I'm somewhere between 225-240, so I could stand to lose 100-ish pounds. My goal weight at the moment is 140 (the high end of 'healthy,' but I think it's reasonable for me), which I hope to achieve by June 2011. Hopefully you'll take me despite my lack of accurate measurements, lol. I'll post them as soon as I take a deep enough breath to handle the scale. Oh, I'm 29 and since height was a hot topic, I'll mention that I am 5'4.

I've been on FitDay for a couple weeks, but started exercising and eating better mid-May. How much weight I've lost is naturally anyone's guess, but clothes are looser and I feel better, and at the moment that's good enough for me.

I've posted a little bit here and there on other threads, but wanted a 'home,' if you will. I appreciate reading all of your thoughts and wanted to officially offer my support and solidarity too!
Hi Change! Welcome Home ... Emily and I are both 29 (and Almeeker celebrates her 29th birthday annually, or is it 28?) ... and we are all trying to beat that clock to our 30th birthdays.
You crack me up about wondering whether or not you're welcomed here - look at Blackrhino! We are all on this journey together and (as far as I am concerned), anyone wanting a healthier life is welcomed.
So, you've taken some great first steps, now it's time to get on that scale and open yourself up to the reality of things. Not to shame yourself, but to motivate yourself for the long road ahead. Some of us have scales at home, others go elsewhere (like WW) to weigh. Some of us also weigh everyday, but only record that weight once per week (a few of us use Thursday).
On the other side of things, go back and read the other posts about buying a food scale. When we're talking about weight loss, we've got to get down and dirty with the numbers. Again, welcome!! So great to have you here!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
Skinny - Congrats on the loss, and the not one, but two dates? Are you going to follow through? Where have you left things with your SO? IMO, just like speedy, you could use a new man, or a new woman, or whatever blows that proverbial skirt up! You rock!

Busy, busy, busy at work today. But thought I would check in to say that #1 - I got up and made up my rained out Wednesday workout. In only my second workout in two years, I was able to jog a half mile already. I think it's mind over matter here and I'm determined to bounce back. I ran 13.1 miles only 2 years ago, birthed child with no drugs a year and a half ago, and nothing could hurt like those two things. So a little side ache, a little leg cramp - ain't got nuthin' on me! And #2 - I lost 3.6 pounds this week! After two weeks of little half-pound losses, it feels good to have a big number. I wanted to lose 20 pounds total before my birthday in July, and I have about 3 weeks to lose another 2.4 pounds. I can totally do that!
Hmmm, I definitely entertained the idea - but my life is too complicated to involve affairs, lol. My SO and I are kindof like Swizerland right now - neutral, not really discussing anything of any importance, not really doing anything. If I had to describe our relationship in a word, I would say: neglect. We neglect eachother, we neglect our relationship... and neither of us has any interest in improving the situation. I have given up really caring about her reactions to things, like being on FD, going to the gym, etc. We're like two planets, orbiting eachother and taking little notice in what the other is doing. I am actually, actively encouraging her to meet someone and to have an affair ON ME... that way she can find some happiness somewhere.
My biggest beef with my SO right now is that she has become extremely competitive with me regarding weight loss. The other night, (when the kids were playing with my extra skin, lol), when I turned on my side, my ribs, hips and pelvis all stuck out, making me look very thin. My DD exclaims, "Mama! You're getting so skinny!" She (at her 158 pounds) lays on the floor, obviously 94 pounds lighter than me, and says, "look how skinny I am!"
She just couldn't let me have that small moment with our DD. When we go out with friends and they comment on my loss, she does the same thing - "I've lost 10 pounds!" the moment anyone says anything. Then they all kindof stare at her - crickets chirping in the background - and offer their congrats. I use that distraction to slip away from her, and the conversation. Meh.

Congrats on the loss - and YOU CAN TOTALLY BLOW THE TOP OFF THAT GOAL BY YOUR BDAY! Way to go, Rockstar!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.