Notices

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Now Almeeker - you know it's rare I EVER disagree... but I think it does need to be SERIOUS! I think she SERIOUSLY needs to be adored... pampered... and to get some SERIOUS lovin'! (If that's your thing). Time to be treated like a Princess and let the toad stay in the swamp.
We aren't in disagreement, I was just trying to ease her into the idea. It could be serious, but that's not necessarily a requirement. She's wounded and probably shouldn't jump right into the next big "in love" thing without a little time to heal up, but that doesn't mean she can't have a little fun with Mr. Rightnow. Sometimes a short fling with a sexy new man is just the perfect thing to get you over the toad.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

It's so true what you guys are saying about portions. I learned what real portions were when I was on Nutrisystem about 7 years ago or so. It was a real eye opener! I had no idea before then how my sense of how much I was eating was way off.

I had my intro session with the trainer last night and I lost 3.5 pounds so far this week, which is nice. I don't put too much stake in day to day weightloss as I am tall like Jaynie (6' tall) and I weigh 350 (346.5 now, lol) and can sometimes gain or lose 5 pounds in a day, but I'll take anything that moves in the right direction! My goal weight is 200-220, which is above standard "normal" weight for my height, but with my generally muscular build I feel way too thin at 185 and I felt better and sexier at around 200 or slightly above. At any rate, I have a LOT to lose, but my focus will mostly be just getting my butt to the gym, increasing my intensity as I go, and spreading my eating out. I'm going to try to only weigh myself once a month or once every few weeks.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Testing my sig.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

WELCOME NEW PEOPLE! It's been forever since we've had so many new peeps. I LOVE it! This group really has changed my life. Let's see... time to impart some wisdom... I already said the thing about starting small last night, so I think today it's going to be: getting a digital scale and logging all your food!
This was the biggest step to truly being knowledgeable about what I was eating and it's re-shaped my perceptions of portions. YIKES. What I do is I take the foods I eat a lot of and I sit down with the wrappers and I turn them into custom foods on my food log. Then, as I eat them I just put in how many ounces/portions I consumed and my food log is pretty danged accurate. This will be a powerful tool towards your weight loss. I honestly used to think I stayed below 2000 calories, until one day I was playing with my food log and put in an "old day." I was well over 3700 calories! ...live and learn I guess!

Amen to that. Portions are one of my one of my enemy's too. I have a digital scale and maybe 3-4 sets of measuring cups. I measure almost everything these days (except lettuce which doesn't have enough calories to worry about), I count out my baby carrots, I even weigh my bananas in the morning. You wouldn't believe how different one banana can be from the next. The biggest ones are maybe 40-60 calories more than the smallest ones, but that's nothing compared to the 30-70 gram difference in carbs. YIKES! I try and keep my carbs below 200g per day, so a 40 gram difference is HUGE! Carbs of course being my evil arch nemesis.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by elisabethsmiles
I had my intro session with the trainer last night and I lost 3.5 pounds so far this week, which is nice. I don't put too much stake in day to day weightloss as I am tall like Jaynie (6' tall) and I weigh 350 (346.5 now, lol) and can sometimes gain or lose 5 pounds in a day, but I'll take anything that moves in the right direction! My goal weight is 200-220, which is above standard "normal" weight for my height, but with my generally muscular build I feel way too thin at 185 and I felt better and sexier at around 200 or slightly above. At any rate, I have a LOT to lose, but my focus will mostly be just getting my butt to the gym, increasing my intensity as I go, and spreading my eating out. I'm going to try to only weigh myself once a month or once every few weeks.
What I wouldn't give for some of your height. I have the curves of a much taller woman. I can diet till the end of all time and I will still be short. Oh well, you git what you git, so don't have a fit.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
We aren't in disagreement, I was just trying to ease her into the idea. It could be serious, but that's not necessarily a requirement. She's wounded and probably shouldn't jump right into the next big "in love" thing without a little time to heal up, but that doesn't mean she can't have a little fun with Mr. Rightnow. Sometimes a short fling with a sexy new man is just the perfect thing to get you over the toad.
Ew, I never meant love...just good LOVIN'! LOL. Short, sexy, exciting, fun... exactly what she needs.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default GoodMorning Ladies,

Hope everyone is rested and off to a good start.

Thank you for such a warm welcome, I think I'll settle right on in.

Speedy,... I don't know what's going on but you've lost alot of weight and deserve to have the attention of a man without strings or complications. Go out and have some fun girl!

Elisabethsmiles,... Sounds like you're really takin care of business. I wanna be like you when I grow up!

Jaynie,... Congrats on doing well with the challenge and thank you so much for serving our country.

Egmdobbs,... Sorry about the fall, hope everything heals quickly.

SkinnyErin,... I will definately be taking your advice. I think when you're overweight or obese you really don't know how much you are eating - or you wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Anyway, I will be taking out my scale and dusting it off.

As for yesterday, I was way over my limit yesterday, but I tracked every morsel. Today my goal is to eat less than I did yesterday and get in a salad with veggies and protien.

Hope everyone has a fantasitc day and I'll check in in the AM.

Last edited by Fitkmb; 06-23-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Coffee cup salutes to you all... I have to keep it short... my daughter is trying to see what it looks like to have lightening hand motions in front of her face and I am wondering how long before she smacks herself in the head. My daughter is about as coordinated as I am, and has...an odd streak.

I have a coffee meeting this morning with someone who gives me squishy insides. I would NEVER even consider flirting, but the squishiness is nice, especially for someone who has been in a relationship for as long as I have - *sigh*. Still haven't hit Bootcamp this week - seems I am full of excuses, so I WILL go tomorrow... in the meantime I am working out at home (weights, core, legs, lunges, grave diggers... ugh). My arms are SOO defined now, it's awesome, but all the extra skin hanging underneath is NOT cute. I can't wait for plastic surgery.
Last night I actually let the kids play with my extra skin, ROFLMAO... fun for the whole family. My DD was surprised when I turned a certain way and my ribs, hips and pelvis were all jutting out from my body... she thought mom was as squishy as her skin! Made me feel good when she exclaimed in a shocked voice that I was SO skinny! I'm getting there. Yesterday, a dear friend saw me for the first time since NOVEMBER and exclaimed that I MUST be down to 215 - BAHAHAHAHA.... felt uh-mazing. Another friend said I should model, and I fell out of my chair laughing so hard I think I bruised my butt.
Ok, I'm going - she's smacked herself and I can tell she's trying not to show me how much it hurts and I need to get all pretty for my squishy meeting! Hugs to all, have a fantastic Wednesday!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Newbie

Good Morning,

I have been on fitday since June 3. I have been trying to keep up on the forum but didn't think I would ever write anything myself. Howevever, I have grown to admire your friendships and the way you encourage eachother and I would like to be part of it.

To introduce myself a little bit, I am a 40 year old single mother of two. Most of my weight is due to the stress of single-parenting and not taking care of myself. As of June 3rd, I am a new person. I have lost 9 pounds and walk every single day and I am eating much healthier.

I also gave up pop 11 days ago. I wasn't expecting to give it up so quickly, but my finances ran low and I couldn't afford my beloved Diet Pepsi. Now I am off for good. And the best part is I never got the withdrawl headaches. Unbelievable! However, I am completely exhausted to my core every single day. I'm not sure if it the lack of caffeine, the heavy increase in exercise or a mixture of both.

Anyway, I hope to get to know you all and encourage eachother through this wonderful journey.

Pixie
Old 06-23-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Ew, I never meant love...just good LOVIN'! LOL. Short, sexy, exciting, fun... exactly what she needs.
Yep, I'm not sure if you can heal a broken heart with orgasms, but it sure is worth a shot.

Coffee cup salutes to you all... I have to keep it short... my daughter is trying to see what it looks like to have lightening hand motions in front of her face and I am wondering how long before she smacks herself in the head. My daughter is about as coordinated as I am, and has...an odd streak.
OMG, are we sharing a child? That is so very something my middle DD would do, very much like the time she launched herself off the top of the fridge to see if she could stick the landing. She was 18 months old at the time, and had watched maybe one too many Olympic gymnastic events.....

Originally Posted by Pixie5477
Good Morning,

I have been on fitday since June 3. I have been trying to keep up on the forum but didn't think I would ever write anything myself. Howevever, I have grown to admire your friendships and the way you encourage eachother and I would like to be part of it.

To introduce myself a little bit, I am a 40 year old single mother of two. Most of my weight is due to the stress of single-parenting and not taking care of myself. As of June 3rd, I am a new person. I have lost 9 pounds and walk every single day and I am eating much healthier.

I also gave up pop 11 days ago. I wasn't expecting to give it up so quickly, but my finances ran low and I couldn't afford my beloved Diet Pepsi. Now I am off for good. And the best part is I never got the withdrawl headaches. Unbelievable! However, I am completely exhausted to my core every single day. I'm not sure if it the lack of caffeine, the heavy increase in exercise or a mixture of both.

Anyway, I hope to get to know you all and encourage eachother through this wonderful journey.

Pixie
Welcome aboard pixie, I like your screen name by the way. My grandma used to have a Sheltie named Pixie, man I loved that little dog. Good job on giving up the soda, I've cut back but haven't gotten up the courage to quit yet. I end the day exhausted too, maybe it's cause we're both 40-something? I do have a ton more energy than I did at 244, but I gotta say I still hit the wall pretty hard by the end of the day. But I'm on my feet and on the go, sun-up till sun-down, chasing after 5-7 kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.