Notices

Newbie here!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie here!

Hello everyone!!!

My name is Mary and I am new here. I have started my weight loss journey a while ago but it isn't going as planned!!! I have been working out at the gym at least 4 days a week for the past 5 months but haven't changed my eating habits much. My worst downfall is late night snacking...after 11pm.

I wasn't always this heavy! After a tough battle with cancer and some changes in the way my body functions, I have found it increasingly difficult to lose the weight I gained during treatment.

I hope to find and give support to all the courageous women here!!

Mary
Old 06-04-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mom2eleni
Hello everyone!!!

My name is Mary and I am new here. I have started my weight loss journey a while ago but it isn't going as planned!!! I have been working out at the gym at least 4 days a week for the past 5 months but haven't changed my eating habits much. My worst downfall is late night snacking...after 11pm.

I wasn't always this heavy! After a tough battle with cancer and some changes in the way my body functions, I have found it increasingly difficult to lose the weight I gained during treatment.

Mary
Welcome Mary! You are on the right track with your gym workouts. Keep it up. I too am new to Fit Day. I know what you mean about the late night cravings. I too struggle with the frige raids before bedtime. I have found that after dinner, I have to tell myself that I am done eating for the night and I usually stick with it! If you don't though, log it. And make a better decision tomorrow night. You might speak with your dr. about the affects of the cancer with trying to loose weight. Your dr. might have some better adivse for you. Good luck!

Casey
Old 06-04-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mom2eleni
Hello everyone!!!

Mary
Hey Mary! I'm a member of the "Late Night Snackers" Club too. LOL I've found that if I do something active after dinner, it helps me not want to snack. Twice a week I take an evening kick-boxing class, or I might take my kids bowling, or just walk my dog.

Congratulations on taking on cancer and hopefully beating it.

Ally
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi!

I am new here too and struggling. Speaking of the cancer- my father had merkel cell carcinoma and with the treatments he was on, he gained so much weight and water he did not even look like the same person from one month to the next. I managed to gain weight right along with him. Is the cancer in remission?
After battling with my weight and my unhealthy relationship with food, I realize the most important thing is to be extremely patient with myself.
Good Luck on your journey!

Thoughts and prayers