Notices

:(

Old 05-31-2010, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

First off you're amazing for losing that much weight already. I'm totally jealous. Moving on to the dumb people that said such hurtful things... I think you did a great job by moving and not going down to their level. You are a great example for your daughter. We all have a days or even weeks where we give into the deliciousness of all the bad things that are bad for us. Now don't let those days dictate what you want to accomplish. Pick yourself up and move on in the same manner you did with those dumb people.

I hope you have a better rest of the week.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Really, you guys made me feel a LOT better. I cried (again! thank you pms, haha) reading your responses. You know, I think my body decided to rebel last night, haha. I was SOOO sick overnight because of my 'splurge' eating. My stomach hurt, it was upset, I felt just horrible. I guess it doesnt' like the "old Amy" food. I started fresh today and while I DID sneak in a piece of chocolate, I was still well within my planned calories. I honestly feel lighter tonight, not sure if it's because I ate better or I feel more in control, maybe both!

Again, thank you all SO much. Thank you for helping me through my melt-down and for making me feel so much better. I'm pretty sure you are all amazing people!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I will first tell you what I tell my kids and I have always tried to live by:

No one can make you feel bad about yourself except YOU.

AND=>
People who try to make people feel bad actually feel bad about themselves. Seeing someone else hurting and miserable makes thme feel better about themselves.

I second the "these people are cretins". IGNORE them.

Now to the cravings- you've shed 53 pounds. That is no small feat. Walk proud. I keep sugar-free gelatin in the house for sugar cravings. Sometimes, fruit just doesn't work. I sometimes top it with the whip cream that comes in a can- 15 calories for a good size squirt (and that's not even the 'lite' version). I also have kids so I know it won't stay around too long- no temptation to finish the whole thing.

I also allow myself a dessert every night. Sometimes it's stella d'oro anisette toast, sometimes two oreos, sometimes sorbet or sherbet. Plan it, stick to the quantity. Eat it slowly. Then- pick up a book, plan your menu for tomorrow, go back to fitday and look at your stats, your menus, talk to us.

keep on keepin' on....
Old 06-01-2010, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

It's hard to believe the way people act sometimes. I don't know what I would've done in that situation. It makes me angry and upset that someone treated you that way. You lost 53 pounds and you should be so proud of that. You are a person who is deserving of respect and love, just as the rest of us are. I have bad days like you described too, where I just want to (and sometimes do!) eat everything bad thing I come across. It's hard. Sometimes the desire to eat is so overpowering that I just can't help it. I hope you have a better week and that you come here often to chat with people who know what you're going through and support you.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Today was a much better day! I honestly just feel lighter by eating right. I have more energy, feel less sluggish, and just feel all around better about myself. I have taken all the advice given to me by you wonderful people to heart. I keep repeating to myself that their opinion of me doesn't matter, that only I can make myself feel bad. I mean, yeah, it was so very embarassing to have it happen. And yeah, I felt/fell pretty crappy about it. BUT, I am a good person and nobody can take that away from me. So...they should really just go to Old McDonald's Farm and get a lesson on animal noises. Right? Right.

Thanks again for all the support...everyone! My cravings are well under control, my calories are where I want them to be. I think a big part of my issue was that I was limiting myself so so much, I wasn't allowing room for error. There were days I only hit 800 calories. Not a good thing. So, my newest goal is to hit at least 1200 and enjoy a piece of chocolate or something sweet when I am craving it. That doesn't mean I am going to sit down and eat a huge bag of peanut M&M's every night like I used to. But 1 Hershey Kiss a day won't kill me. I found some pretty amazing fudgsicles that are very low cal, fat free and pretty low in carbs. YUM. They really fix the chocolate craving. I go camping in a week and I am hoping to have myself back on track so that I don't spend the whole vacation stressing about not eating this and not eating that. I am planning our family menu of good, healthy stuff (and a few S'mores, haha). Lots of fruit, veggies and protein. Hopefully by being proactive I will avoid the whole "I WANT TO EAT BAD FOOD" scenario.

Ooops, I am rambling again. Thanks again for all the support. You guys are amazing.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

You know it always seems to be when you are just feeling good about yourself that some smartass has to say something that sends you on a spiral! Little do they know what you've already achieved - 53 pounds WOW!

But you know the only person that can help you is ultimately YOU and sometimes you want someone to do it for you, I know I do. I just focus on the deficit in calories, what I need to reduce to lose the weight I want by the time I want. One Memphis Meltdown at 367 calories is not worth the 1 hour and 15 mins at the gym to work it OFF!

Keep on trucking though, I'm so impressed. Those people who say those things are just mean and nasty - don't worry 'what goes around, comes around'.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

I'm just reading this now and feeling very sad and angry. I wish I was there so I could have said something. Just feel bad for them. They probably don't have anything really positive in their life and are surrounded by scum. I'm glad you got up and left the situation...certainly the best and most mature thing to do.

Maybe you should go to a kick boxing class or something and get out that aggression. Or just take a long walk and try to reflect on brighter things and work through this in your head.

Cravings are really hard for me to. They come and go. I guess they might have to do with my PMS but sometimes I'm just crazy and work myself into a craving. Maybe you are getting "it" out of your system now and then you can go back to your "on plan mind-frame." Were you being too strict with yourself? Is there something else bothering you that you aren't addressing and therefore eating more to escape from something?

I'll be thinking of you and wishing you positive thoughts.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Look at it this way, amylee...it will be a lot easier for you to lose weight than it will be for them to achieve some sense of respectability! Therefore you are light years ahead .