Notices

Just a beginner

Old 02-07-2015, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just a beginner

Hello everyone...
ok so I am just starting this diet thing out..
I weigh 238 pounds I am trying to get down to 149 pounds I am trying to lose 89 pounds by October 31st, I was hyperthyroidism once they killed my thyroid it pushed me into hypothyroidism. I am currently on Medicine for Bi-polar, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Degenerative disk disease, Acid Reflux, Anxiety, Nausea I am also waiting on results for Cancer.
I have started an on line belly dance workout course that I do 3 days a week for an hour and 1 day a week full heavy house cleaning, with 4 days of light house cleaning, at night I have started listening to a hypnotist (not sure if it works but trying it) seems to be keeping me focused on my main goal. But we will see...
I have 2 children it is hard for me to get to the gym, But taking care of them is a work out in themselves. Does anyone have any ideas on exercising besides the belly dancing and some ideas for kid friendly food for my family..
thanks everyone for your suggestions....

Last edited by sasamiking1979; 02-08-2015 at 02:12 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 02-07-2015, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hey there, welcome!

You can totally lose the weight you want, great job on making the choice to become healthier. It can be a tough task to lose such a significant amount in such a short time. It is possible, but setting such lofty goals can lead to disappointment and/or giving up. Personally, I would recommend setting small achievable goals first, or revising a more lenient goal date for yourself.

Oh dear - I hope your tests for cancer come back negative. That must be very scary to have to wait for those results.

Is it possible to get an exercise bike that you can hop on for 15-20 minutes a day, or start some body strengthening exercises like lunges, squats, etc? These small things you can do anywhere around the house and in between other things.

Take care, good luck - welcome!
Old 02-07-2015, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by paisleyjane
Hey there, welcome!

You can totally lose the weight you want, great job on making the choice to become healthier. It can be a tough task to lose such a significant amount in such a short time. It is possible, but setting such lofty goals can lead to disappointment and/or giving up. Personally, I would recommend setting small achievable goals first, or revising a more lenient goal date for yourself.

Oh dear - I hope your tests for cancer come back negative. That must be very scary to have to wait for those results.

Is it possible to get an exercise bike that you can hop on for 15-20 minutes a day, or start some body strengthening exercises like lunges, squats, etc? These small things you can do anywhere around the house and in between other things.

Take care, good luck - welcome!
thank you for the welcome... do you know if belly dancing is a good exercise? I think your right about the goal being smaller and shorter I do tend to become discouraged...
Old 02-08-2015, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! I'm a working mother of 2, so I can understand the struggles of making time for ourselves. On the health side, I can't say I understand although I do sympathize! You're dealing with a lot! Belly Dancing is movement and movement burns calories, so it's a great form of exercise if you enjoy it! Enjoying our choice of exercise is what will keep us going back for more! Other suggestions, if you like doing exercise at home for free, go on youtube and search Fitness Blender and Jessica Smith TV. They both have their own websites as well and both offer good, solid advice and workouts for all fitness levels.

Join us on the Motivation and Support board! There's a new Motivational thread that starts up every Monday where we post throughout the week. Some fitdayers make goals for the week and check in on how they are progressing with their goals. Others simply chime to give and get support and motivation. Also currently happening on the Motivation and Support board is a Distance Exercise Challenge as well as an Easter Challenge. Please feel free to join in on any thread that suits you!
Old 02-08-2015, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default stats

02/02/2015
start weight 240lbs
10/31/2015
goal weight 149lbs
----------------------
02/08/2015
current weight
237lbs

---------------------------
Old 02-08-2015, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

I think the hypnotism helps, too. Just a gentle reinforcing voice can do wonders, although you may not feel that the results are noticeable.

There are weight loss-hypnotism podcasts on iTunes that are free, along with hypnotism podcasts to stop smoking, etc. I burned some to CDs and now I feel inspired to get them out and start using them again. You are an inspiration!

You've already accomplished the hard part: making that gentle reminder a part of your routine to help you focus. It takes time but you will achieve your goal, I'm sure.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I think the hypnotism helps, too. Just a gentle reinforcing voice can do wonders, although you may not feel that the results are noticeable.

There are weight loss-hypnotism podcasts on iTunes that are free, along with hypnotism podcasts to stop smoking, etc. I burned some to CDs and now I feel inspired to get them out and start using them again. You are an inspiration!

You've already accomplished the hard part: making that gentle reminder a part of your routine to help you focus. It takes time but you will achieve your goal, I'm sure.
Thank u very much it is so nice to see an kind word.
I have to restart the hypnotist I missed 2 days but even only doing them for 4 days I still am focused Its great and I feel energized and so focused...
is there an app on here that you can post pictures of your progress just for yourself? if so can you please help me with it!!
thanks
Old 02-09-2015, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

I can't thank you enough for posting about hypnosis! I've been working on focusing and visualization as a way to propel myself forward in my goals, but hypnosis hadn't occurred to me. I just did a youtube search and found several! Thanks for the idea!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
I can't thank you enough for posting about hypnosis! I've been working on focusing and visualization as a way to propel myself forward in my goals, but hypnosis hadn't occurred to me. I just did a youtube search and found several! Thanks for the idea!
your very welcome... the one I do its call the 30 day challenge...
Old 02-10-2015, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

The 30 Day Challenge...is it the one by David McGraw? That's the one I found yesterday and started with it last night. I'm so curious to see if this helps! I do love the idea!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.