Notices

I'm back... for different reasons

Old 08-02-2014, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm back... for different reasons

I'm still overweight, but now rather than using fitday for weight loss, I am using it strictly for healthy eating.

I had a heart attack on June 30, and an angioplasty on July 1. Now I am low sodium (under 2300 mg), low fat, and low sugar because of the diabetes diagnosis.
I am using fruits to sweeten everything. Muffins with berry puree, or oatmeal with a tablespoon of less sugar blackberry syrup. Homemade. I refuse to use sugar substitutes because I don't need to be dependent of sweetness. Same goes for salt, I flavour with herbs and spices. I am making my own recipes as I go.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Health first sounds good, tastes good

Hi Rainbow,

Sorry for your difficulty, happy for your return. I too returned for health reasons. I love that this program logs our nutritional intake too.

When I used it before, I lost the desire for junk food because I knew I had to meet my nutritional requirements first and by that time I was full, lol.

Then junk tasted boring compared to yummy healthy foods like berries and fruit. Oh, and now there are Kale chips - crunchy and yummy. So much yummier than any other chips.

I'm rooting for your health Rainbow
Kerry
Old 08-04-2014, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kerry,

I'm not really into junk food that much because I am always on the look out for allergens. I am allergic to tree nuts and bananas. Bananas are easy to avoid, but tree nuts are everywhere. Grocery shopping takes me extra time while reading labels, now it is worse because I need to check fat and salt levels.

I am developing my own recipes to make my life easier.

Next week, baked, coated chicken. KFC without the fat and salt.