FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   I'm overweight (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1103-im-overweight.html)

dizzy_44 05-19-2010 09:26 PM

I'm overweight

Goal number 1...check

I did it...I did it. Today I am officially overweight...yeah me. Woo hoo.:D

You know, if I were this excited about being overweight anywhere else in the world, they would lock me up for being crazy....Only in this forum do people understand that it's actually progress and a reason to celebrate. I can't figure out why my family is not as supportive at 5:30 am when I wake them up to tell them. LOL.

I am very excited, and today I am just going to bask in my overweightness. Thank you for all the support you've all given over the last couple of months. This is an amazing journey, and I'm really glad I have people to share it with. Thanks a bunch.

almeeker 05-20-2010 12:34 AM

That is sooooo cool. I'm hoping to drop from "obese" to "overweight" very soon myself. So how are you celebrating? Mani-pedi, new red dress? I'm actually considering having a party, just a few girlfriends over and treat them with healthy snacks.

fletch8502 05-20-2010 12:36 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Your post made me laugh...I can just feel your excitement, and you're right - we will celebrate right along with you! Keep up the awesome work!!!!!

dizzy_44 05-20-2010 06:49 AM

Thanks. I'm not sure how I'm gonna celebrate. Think I might get highlights. Savin the red dress for farr though (LOL);). I'm saving my big celebration for August and my 175 mark.

samisweetpea 05-20-2010 07:09 AM

hey everyone I'm new on here and this is the first time I've posted. Congratulations on your accomplishment, I hope to cross over from being obese soon too. :):):)

dizzy_44 05-20-2010 11:38 AM

Hi Sami...Welcome. I know you can do it....if I can ...anybody can.
There is a lot of support from the people here and a lot of answers. Half the fun of getting somewhere is the journey...so enjoy the journey.

Lizzycritter 05-20-2010 12:09 PM

I hear ya! Hanging out at 153 here, 149.9 will officially move me out of the "overweight" block and into the "normal weight" block. I promised myself a shopping spree when I accomplished that, but I've got the hubs penciled in to take the baby on Monday, and I'm going shopping NOW. I figured 1) I'm close enough and 2) I only have one pair of pants and 2 shirts that actually fit, and the pants are questionable because low rise is no longer my friend :D

Go dance in the bathroom nekkid (I know I will when it's my turn) and enjoy the victory!! You've earned it!!

dizzy_44 05-20-2010 12:27 PM

I'm with ya Lizzy. I say SHOP NOW! I think you've earned it. You are so very close...Congratulations.
And as for the low rise thing...they've never been my friend. I think thats an age thing though...I keep tryin to hike them up and end up with a wedgie.

mtlgirl 05-20-2010 12:53 PM

Hi Dizzy, congratulations on moving out of the obese range! That is so great. You should be very proud of yourself. Your enthusiasm is contagious so thanks for that!