Notices

how to lose weight without counting calories or points?

Old 04-20-2014, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default how to lose weight without counting calories or points?

Alright, so for the past two days I have eaten whatever junk food has come my way. I work in a cafe so that means frappucino's, scones, panini's, cookies, brownies, definitely not low cal stuff. However I'm actually under my goal weight and realized I need to gain back a few pounds. I know this is not the healthiest way to do it, it's just what happened this past weekend. I let myself be free with food for the first time in the past year since losing all the weight.

But now, as I've finished this binge and feel fulfilled in a sense, I realize I don't want to keep counting.

I want to live.

The problem is, I don't know if I really know how. I know how to gain weight, obviously. I know how to lose weight. But maintaining is a foreign concept to me. Even as I've tried to maintain using this website, it doesn't really work. Because I keep having that mindset when I look at the number I feel like it needs to be lower. I realize that's not a happy mindset and I want to change that. My basic question is, how did the people who lost all the weight successfully maintain after?

I gotta believe there's enough will out there to be able to do it without counting for the rest of your life. Because while this is an extremely effective tool, I don't want to see myself relying on it forever.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-20-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

You don't need to 'count' forever. You just internalize all that experience of counting and when you see a large piece of fatty steak, you know how much 'over' your limit that would put you - much!

At least, that's my belief. I've seen it in Weight Watchers. Not everyone counts all the time. But they have learned to recognize what pushes them over the limit of calories (points) for the day.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Herbal Weight Loss

Hey,

Drink green tea thrice a day and it would show its effect within a week.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Make healthy food choices. Stay away from empty calories. Eat only when you are hungry, and stop when you feel satisfied, but not stuffed. Daily exercise will help, but also keep yourself moving throughout the day.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Habits (positive and negative) tend to drive us, so once you're in the groove with what is working for you, stick with it. If you're still losing but need to maintain, just add one healthy fat serving and see if that works. That's why crash diets are bad--nobody can maintain them for life. Admittedly, maintenance is always harder than losing for most of us. Congrats on reaching your goal! Time to set new ones