Notices

Hello, My name is Monica.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello, My name is Monica.

Hi, my name is Monica. I am trying to stay motivated in losing weight. I am 21 years old, I am 5'2 and 159 lbs. I am trying to get back into shape. I have never been this overweight. 2 years ago, I was a slim, 112 lbs. Then I met my very unhealthy fiance.
My main question is, how do I resist the urge to eat fast food? My fiance is always eating out, and sometimes I am sent to get said food. I wanted to know what a good alternative or way to not have the craving.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Tell him you'd rather he pick it up himself (and maybe even preferably eat it there instead of bring it home and eat it in front of you?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Monica my partner has alot of junk food-cakes,biscuits etc as he wants to gain weight. Mealtimes though he eats what we all have (just a bigger portion). Could you try cooking some healthy alternatives of your fiances takeout favourites? I make myself some lower cal treats when the rest of family are having a dessert. Maybe get a cookbook and look through it together for ideas. My partner used to live off really unhealthy food but ive converted him to alot of new things and he actually prefers the homecooking i do now! If he insists on a takeaway then make up something for yoursellf-by the time hes junk is ready you could have a lovely healthy meal done to enjoy. I find it much easier to resist bad stuff if i know my dinner is ready in advance. Good Luck!