Notices

Losing Motivation

Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
FitDay Member

HI All, how are we doing today? I've not been on for a while as had a "blow out" long weekend! but am glad to say that bizzarely my weight is still what it was before!! Am really going to make a concerted effort to get the last stone off in the next two months, this staying the same is starting to annoy me (although did have two people comment on how much weight I'd lost at the weekend, so that made me feel better)

How's everyone else doing?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Hick...nice to see you...Woo Hoo...Don't those compliments make you feel great? Good for you. I've slipped into a comfy weight too but at least it isn't going up. It'll move again. If you only have 14 pounds to lose, you're in the home stretch...you'll make it...just a little slower now, but you will get there. Can't wait til I can say that.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh in day again, and still the same.....but havent been as good as I could have been I suppose. Entered the bike ride though so only 6 weeks to get into shape for it! Better bust my butt as really don't want to look silly! How's everyone else getting on?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Dizzy,

I'm pretty new to this forum thing, but I've been reading through several of the threads and find your contributions the most motivating, inspiring, and realistic. And here you are, my hero, needing motivation! Nice to know you're human. We all have ups and downs, and this is a good place for support through both of them.

When the scales and the clothing sizes aren't giving you satisfaction, look instead at your behavior and health changes. I'm betting there are lots of measurable successes there: exercising more? eating less fat & fewer carbs? avoiding junk food? noticing when you need help and actually asking for it? ALL these and a whole lot of other things you're probably doing differently than before you started this are at least as important as weight and size. Your blood pressure and cholesterol numbers have probably improved too.

Thanks for being there - you're wonderful just as you are at this very point in time.
Alice