Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Look for the new 100 plus thread for June....this one is getting too long
Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs

Jaynie - Your pork stew sounds really good. I make a good buffalo stew and chicken stew, but I'm always looking for ways to shake it up a bit. I think I may need to invest in one of those magic bullets. I've watched the infomercials for years and thought that if I could be sure it worked like it did, it would be a good investment. I take it you like yours?
My stuff was packed up in a spare room while the construction is going on. I had never opened it, but my sister always raved about it, so I said what the heck. I had read a few bad reviews about it breaking after about six months, but if mine does and I can't get the parts because I have no idea where the receipt is, I will buy a new one. I love it and I have a blender, but it is just the right size for my being the only one. Haven't broken out the whole thing--just the basics.

I only have used it for soft sorbets as I don't like my omelettes mixed altogether, to me that is a flat scrabbled egg with stuff intermixed in it. I imagine it would be good for the other stuff that they make from leftovers and the salsa, if you like, fresh salsa, which I don't. My daughter made some and yuck. My taste buds have been ruined by the jar kind and fresh cilantro, yuck! But I too digress. I would definitely suggest one but try to get it from the TV. I got mine from BBandB and caught a sale but I think you might get more on TV.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Correction to Pork Stew recipe. Add one half to one T of oregano, not 2 T.

Sorry about that.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Ok so now I have decided that I will try to follow Weight Watchers faithfully including TRACKING my food which is what I find is the toughest part for me.

I will keep you posted. I will start weighting myself every Thursday to with you guys if that is ok.

I was on Weight Watchers for 16 weeks and only lost 2 pounds even with woringout everyday at lunch. The problem is I was not Tracking my food and I am starting to think that I was not eatting enough for the amount I am exercising.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jaybrodz
What's the "Jillian" show and what channel is it on? Oxygen? Fit TV?
Channel 9 at 10pm tuesday nights
Old 06-11-2010, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Christine. A long time ago when I was a child--I was 5'6" in the sixth grade and weighed one sixty--our mom went on Weight Watchers and I lost thirty pounds in six weeks and reached the goal that she had set for me. After that it was healthful cooking in our house only. It wasn't that bad before, as my mom didn't fry foods at all. But weight watchers was more restrictive then. I couldn't do it now, well I could, but I would have to remember that I just can't have candy and sweets in the house. Those are my downfall. I can keep a bag of chips for a month and dole out an exact ounce with a sandwich and other salty foods the same way. I used to be bad with them too. Perhaps it will change with the sweets too. When my kids were smaller, eating them was not a question because I always made sure the kids had the opportunity to have some type of junk food in the house and I worked such long hours that even if I did over indulge a little, it didn't affect me.

For me, I like a more restrictive diet, such as mypyramid. It's like having mom back telling exactly what to eat and it even says how much extras you are allowed within the total caloric limit, should you decided to indulge in an occasional candy bar or small bag of chips or a cookie or whatever. I personally stay away from that for now because I know I can't control myself and I live alone so there is no one for whom to have that stuff here.

I knoiw people are probably tired of my harping on that site but there is a great meal planner on there also with a copy tab, so you don't have to input it in daily. I eat the same breakfast everyday, so that saves time. I've gotten it down to about a half hour a day and maybe a couple hours while I plan all the meals for a week and yoiu can always tweak it if you change a meal or go out or something. And, you can use it in conjuction with Weight Watchers. mypyramid.com