Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-25-2010, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker - How are you doing with your Grandma's passing? I've been wondering about you - and thinking that only someone who has put a ton of work into her body could describe funeral clothing as flattering and cute! Way to go on looking on the brighter side of YOUR life. You're so inspirational. I wacked the heck outta my fat yesterday... daring it to creep back! I hope the scale will reflect all my efforts, if not I am going to start taking measurements. I didn't do this previously because I didn't want to discourage myself. Instead I measure body fat and pounds. I did 70 minutes of cardio yesterday, along with Yoga and weight lifting. I didn't get to my core due to a moderate case of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) that happens to me on Mondays following Bootcamp. I'll bust out double core and double cardio today. My body craves that soreness that comes with a great workout.
I also drank 150 ounces of water! I am pretty certain I was dehydrated since I drank a lot but pee'd very very little. Ate 1300 cals, but burned 3200... yea, stupid fat... I see your 5 pounds and I raise you extra cardio!
Chris - You are such a good General! Hold the line! Whip us into shape girlie! You're doing to great at dragging us along and keeping us in check, be sure that you have lots of people here that will return the favor if you ever need it. Oh, and WAY TO GO! on the jeans and dusting off the Bowflex!
Jay - I really admire your committment, don't let the whole day fall apart over an hour of poor judgement. You just get right back on the horse and keep riding. Great job!
Where's Patti? Am I mistaken or is she missing in action?
Erin - keep up the great work sister!!

*Protein shake up!* Have an excellent Tuesday everyone, I am here holding the line with all of you!

Last edited by SkinnyErinn; 05-25-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default don't let the lack of losing get you down

SE Around 3 weeks ago, I went up a down 3 lbs for about 2 weeks, very discouraging but it finally did drop 3 or 4 lbs in about 3 days. I think it was probably a combination of things like yours is. Salt, more carbs than usual, not enought water, constipation just one of those plateaus we hit. I've noticed I'll lose everyday a few ozs then I stay for 2 or 3 days and then drop some more. Just seems to be my body's pattern. Yours is probably a build up in muscle mass also as much as you work out
Old 05-25-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Chris and Jaynie - Great job to both of you pushing through the soreness - the workouts will definitely help the arthritis. My mom has all but cured hers through exercise and weight loss!

SkinnyErinn - Awesome job whacking that fat back into line! Holy crapload of cardio, Batman!

CC1158 - Glad to see you back around after a few days - how are you doing?

Been a couple of ho-hum days for me, thus the non-posting. Stayed mostly on plan on Sunday (except for a banana with peanut butter on it - yum!), did fine yesterday, and the same planned again for today. Can't wait for Biggest Loser tonight, and then Jillian's new show next week!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
Chris and Jaynie - Great job to both of you pushing through the soreness - the workouts will definitely help the arthritis. My mom has all but cured hers through exercise and weight loss!

SkinnyErinn - Awesome job whacking that fat back into line! Holy crapload of cardio, Batman!

CC1158 - Glad to see you back around after a few days - how are you doing?

Been a couple of ho-hum days for me, thus the non-posting. Stayed mostly on plan on Sunday (except for a banana with peanut butter on it - yum!), did fine yesterday, and the same planned again for today. Can't wait for Biggest Loser tonight, and then Jillian's new show next week!
Dude, as someone who used to finish an ENTIRE cheesecake in one night, I seriously applaud your peanut butter and banana. When I first started losing weight, I used to eat that with a little bit of Smuckers Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce as dessert. I am sure your pb and 'nana is much better than what you used to eat, right? Great job, and I am sooooo looking forward to Biggest Loser tonight too! Who are you rooting for? I am sticking behind Ashley. I used to like Daris, but he's gotten cocky and I used to REALLY not like Mike up until recently, now he makes me cry every show. Koli (and Sam) are just incredible too, but he's gotten so angry since Sam left. I'm like... um, everyone else lost their team mate before you!
Anyways... great job sticking to it!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Jay - I really admire your committment, don't let the whole day fall apart over an hour of poor judgement. You just get right back on the horse and keep riding. Great job!

Thanks and the one thing I still was lower on Monday morning and yesterday I was under 1300 calories and weighed about a half pound more. It kind of stunned me but then I remembered that I had not "gone" yesterday at all. I'm trying to adjust a high fiber and low fat diet because colon cancer runs in my father's side of the family. I know that I didn't take in enough fluid yesterday. Some days I am good at that and some days I am not.

I'm not exercising yet. I kept wondering why I had been so tired lately. Usually when I eat better, I feel better. Well one of my feet (on my leg prosthetics) is turned inward. How that happened, I don't know. I have been using them for about fifteen years and this is the first time that has happened. I have an appt on Friday, but anyway, it causes me to expend a lot more energy and it is already estimated that amputees expend 40-100% more than those who are not when walking. Here I was huffing and puffing and not being able to walk the full length of the commissary and I couldn't figure it out. I finally looked down and both my feet are sort of facing in the same direction. (It's ok to laugh, I did when I figured out that was the problem.) Anyway, I was up to 2.25 miles on Leslie Sasone's walking CD in March and now I will have to start all over. My problem is I start exercising for awhile but continue to not eat all the way correct. Don't get me wrong, I eat correctly during the day and always have. The medication I am on effects my brain in the way that it makes me feel hungry and I eat more than I should at night and not always the right foods because I am ticked. I don't keep bad foods here as I am the only one here and don 't have to have snacks, desserts, etc, here for children and such, but I will get up and get dressed and go to the store to get something because I can. Oh yes, I used to be determined and a large bag of peanut M&M's were my nemesis. I have stopped that now and hopefully when my feet are not both pointed slightly to the right, I can begin my exercises again and be in unison with foods and activities.

Thanks for the encouragement. It is especially hard for me because I am also quitting smoking simultaneously, something I have never done before as the same time as dieting. So if you see errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh, written across the page, you will know it is because I am irritable because of that. I can't kick the dog or cats, I love my pets, lol.

Jaynie

PS. If any of you write a long post and when you submit get a blank page, don't fret, use your back browser to go back to the page where you wrote the post and hit submit again.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Jaynie - keep us posted on the doc appointment for your feet. My dad was a quadruplegic and he used to do "arm chair" exercises, since he never walked a day in his life (little known fact about me - I am a test tube baby made in the UC Davis Fertility Laboratory!). He would lift weights, etc. I had knee surgery about 14 years ago and did chair Yoga... it was really awesome and I still felt a difference. I think as long as you're doing something, it definitely counts. And with being tired, I find when I significantly reduce my calories, I get more tired too because my body just slows everything down to "save" what precious calories it is getting. I just have to fight through it too.
Don't worry about being irritable, I'm quitting smoking too - this is my first week completed I think... have to go back and check the ol' blog to get the actual date, but I seem to remember it being Tuesday. Anywho... good luck, I'm sure you'll be back to 2+ miles in no time!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Jay, I'm totally cracking up about your toes pointing in the same direction!!! LOL. I have that trouble too, only I don't have prosthetic legs to blame it on. Actually mine don't point in the same direction, they just aren't the same length, which causes me no end of difficulty with my balance... Although one of my best friends has a difference in her legs of about 6 inches and she's a happy go lucky get-it-done kind of girl, so my measly inch and a half difference is nothing.

Well skinnyerinn, you're probably right, not too many people would think of funeral clothing as cute or flattering. It's just that for so long clothes shopping has been a depressing sport I've avoided, seriously I've done most of it on-line since my first pregnancy. So it's almost shocking that I can walk in to a store, grab something off the rack and have it not only fit, but look well enough that I can't find anything to object to about it. Sooo weird. And seriously the skirt is very slimming, probably makes me look a size or two smaller than I am. You've lost more than twice the weight I have, so I'm guessing shopping is getting to be a whole lot more fun for you too. I'm also guessing that you have to shop for new things constantly, since you haven't stayed at any size for very long lately.

Good luck to all of you who are getting off the ciggys. I watched my dad quit, it was really hard but he's been smoke free for about 25 years now, and he's much better off for it. He still carries a pack of gum in his pocket and he always stands down wind of fire and inhales deeply, but he hasn't smoked a ciggy in a very long time. Can't say exactly how long because he used to cheat here and there, especially on really bad days at work.

Well I gotta go the little one stinks to high heaven. I'm hoping it's just gas, but I'm an eternal optimist.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-25-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Good to know you are out there Erinn and Almeeker, thanks also for the nonsmoking support and I can also feel you about having one leg slighltly longer than the other. When I was in the army runs were so hard for me; although, I passed, because my left leg was about an inch longer than my right and flat feet didn't help either. I probably should have been FourF or whatever they called it in the old days when they didn't take you, lol.

The other day I came in the front door and somehow managed to step with my other leg on that inward foot and tried to keep walking and went down. Again, laughter is OK. I never had coordination and it is getting out of hand as at 52, I guess I could break something. I guess I have good bones.

Anyway, it is great being able to chat here and if I go too long, remember I live alone with my four babies (Zoey, Kittykitty, Cece and Shadow) and they are tired of hearing me talk to them.

Jaynie

Last edited by Jaybrodz; 05-25-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default checking in

almeeker - so sorry to hear of your loss and glad you found a way to deal with the pain and sorrow in other ways.

went out to dinner with family in from out of town yesterday and she is also trying to lose weight, she quizzed me and I told her about FitDay and all of my wonderful friends - explained that I decided not to "diet" , but make healthy choices within a reasonable calorie range that I could live with the rest of my life. We had a nice time visiting and I brought half of my dinner home, so stayed right on track. Got two for one as had the other half for tonights dinner lol

glad to hear everyone is staying motivated- I know how you feel Skinnerrin when you feel as if you have done everything right yet the scale either doesn't move or moves the wrong way It could be a lot of factors as everyone suggested I don't let one or two days get me down anymore as usually with a few days I drop again as long as I keep on track. sometimes I'll spend a whole week on the same numbers and then the next I'll drop four pounds lol our bodies are mysterious creatures sometimes
Old 05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Evening everyone

Sorry couldnt get here till now...dh got home late thursday evening,,plus a long weekend and some issues we are still dealing with...its been a stressful weekend but Im determined not to eat my way thru this. Eating has not been low carb but it has been low cal and thats a good thing.

Almeeker Im so sorry for your loss of your grandmother. ((hugs))

I will be back tomorrow to touch base with everyone...its almost time for american idol and i dont want to miss it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.