Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Marvelous May  in the 100 plus womens thread >

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Community
Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies, hoisting my diet Coke is up in the general direction of the screen. The elliptical is still down, but this morning I went out on the porch and rode my 20 year old stationary bike for 35 min. It's not quite the workout that the elliptical is, but I sweat up a storm and had visions of cleaning the porch afterward, so it was good for me in many ways. I think tomorrow morning I might run circles around the house and jump rope, weather permitting.

Patti, I'm totally cracking up about jumping on a rebounder with DH providing support. That would be hilarious and not too effective, since he would probably get right into it and pretty soon his hands would be awandering and so would his other stuff. He's a good husband, but likely a lousy sports bra LOL.... Glad to hear the scale is moving for you again. I hear you on the garlic bread, I love the stuff too and would eat it for breakfast in a hot second. Not too long ago I made soup dunkers with whole wheat low cal tortillas and I put reduced fat mozzarella and garlic salt on them. The soup was Papa al Pomodora, so I needed something Italian-ish to dip in it. You might try that and see if it's a good replacement for the bread? Good luck.

montana, congrats on the 2 pounds and on the end of softball. We're ending soccer here, but swim club just started. YIKES!!! I didn't know we were the same age! Well we're not, YOU'RE OLDER, but not by enough so that too many would notice, I'll be 42 the end of October. Happy Birthday in advance. And may Aunt Flo pack up all her junk and move on very soon.

egmdobbs, congrats on the 2 pounds and on the pants. You're losing it!!! And thanks for the diagnosis. A friend of mine was trying to tell me that I needed to see an expensive chiropractor, but he scares me a little and I don't know that I want him yanking my neck around. Right now the pain is so bad that I'm taking 4 Advil every 3.5-4 hours and I still have moments where the arm is intensely numb. At night I've been taking 2 Alieve, but I don't feel like it's very effective since I'm up most of the night, and wake in the morning with tears in my eyes. I tried to get in to see my doc, but she's out of the office until next week. Argh, I hate the medical profession.

Hey skinny where are you?

speedy, I wanted to make yam snacks, but alas the kiddos ate most of the batch, so there isn't quite enough for a pie. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Well, this sucks. My post was lost even though I tried my usual trick of going back to find it and as usual it was a long one. Egb my weigh-in was only .8 lost but at least it wasn't a gain.

Got to leave now after thirty mins of pouring my heart out, lol, only to have it lost. Zoey and I need to go to the bank and vitamin store to get some flax seed oil to keep me regular. I had forgotten about that tidbit. I hadn't taken it for awhile and while doing research for some other health benefits of other foods, was reminded of it. But it works differently than laxative or fiber supplements in that it works slightly on the muscles contracting and your eh, hmm stools stay firm and formed and you don't get the diarrhea effect. Keeps you regular. I don't know why I didn't remember that. But I guess that is more than you needed to know. lol.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

Post Finally going to start losing weight right

Hi There,

So I just moved to Texas, and decided that it was time to lose those extra 5, 10 (100) lbs. I realized Im about 50lbs heavier than my fiancee and that worries me.

So, since I dont have a job, I will need to put alot of effort into working out and eating healty, I know Im an emotional eater (mostly a bored eater) and that will be one of my largest hurdles since im not working. When Im busy, I can go all day long without thinking about food which I also know is not healthy.

Long story short, I'm going to have to put a lot of work into this but Ive overcame harder things so I should be able to do this also.

Weeks on fitday.com: 0

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-03-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added weight & goals
Old 06-03-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi There,

So I just moved to Texas, and decided that it was time to lose those extra 5, 10 (100) lbs. I realized Im about 50lbs heavier than my fiancee and that worries me.
Welcome to the 100 pound thread! When I first met my husband, he outweighed me by 70 pounds. By the time we'd had 3 children and he'd lost weight for health reasons, I outweighed him by 50+ pounds. It happens and never once did I feel like he loved me less for it. Then I found fitday and now I weigh 30 pounds less than he does, whooo hooo hooo! I'm a full time stay at home mom, which is similar to unemployment but much nuttier. If I can do this you can too. A lot of us check in almost daily to cheer each other on and pick each other up on the bad days.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

First and foremost I must weigh in (it is Thursday after all)…1.8 lbs this week and boy was that a struggle. Obviously it was Memorial Day weekend…three whole days off is a great way to screw up a girls schedule!

Don’t get me wrong I had a marvelous 3 days spent relaxing with my boyfriend. I was a very happy girl A very happy girl who went out to eat four days in a row and didn’t get the exercise she’s becoming accustomed to! I did get my boyfriend out on one 2 mile walk but it was a slow one. He was very supportive and was right there looking up nutrition facts with me (not that he used them for himself mind you- god forbid LOL) and really didn’t put up a fuss when I wanted to take that walk. The three days of the long weekend were not good food wise but they could have been much worse- I expected as much and was prepared to deal with the consequences so to speak but then Tuesday came around… Tuesday brought with it a text message from a somewhat estranged friend wanting to go out to eat and to a movie when I was done with work. I didn’t want to go. I wanted to get myself back on track. I needed to get in a good walk and to eat the darn lettuce threatening to go bad in my fridge. Unfortunately things have been so rough with this friendship that I felt like I had to go. I ate crap, sat in a movie for hours and started to feel like shit about myself. Tuesday was the straw that broke the camels back and by Wednesday I had a total “I suck at life” attitude- full of self loathing and bad self talk. Ugh. Wednesday I was determined to eat well no matter what and to put myself through my own version of a “Last Chance Workout” if only to shut up the damn voice in my head calling me a looser and worse! By the time I was heading to bed last night (slightly sore) I was feeling much much better. So as I mentioned it was a struggle this week but I got thru and I even got a negative number deserved or not.

Jaybrodz- I actually type most of my post but especially long ones in a word program and then cut and past them into the fitday response box. I started doing this type of thing years ago when and an old email account used to time out and loose any long e-mails I wrote. Just a thought

Janet_r01- Welcome! I only work half days most days so I have from about lunch time on where I’m trying to concentrate on this weight loss journey. I too am a “bored” eater but I’m finding that both the tracking of what I eat here on fitday and bumping up the exercise I’m getting is really helping. My boyfriend weighed himself on my handy-dandy new scale this weekend and proved undeniably that I weigh more then him- I had suspected but there it was in black and white (well black and grey really-it’s a digital scale LOL). I can’t say I was too happy to learn that particular tid-bit! I’m glad you are starting this process and I’m here for ya. We all need a little help and support every now and then- don’t hesitate to ask.

I’m way behind on commenting on peoples posts and I’m going to try to get better about that. Congratulations on all the successes and I’m sorry to hear of any aches and pains whether they are physical or emotional. You all have my water bottle salute- keep up the good work ladies!!!

eeb- aka. Erin Elizabeth Belz
Old 06-03-2010, 05:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Back in the saddle

let me preface this by saying, I have no effing idea what's going on with me...lol.

I am back, after having a week of just blech feelings toward this journey. I did half assed workouts, NEVER CHEATED ON FOODS (THANK GOD), but was drinking only 100 ounces of water... not blogging, not checking in here and logging like I should be. So, yea... I lost A LOT OF MOTIVATION. I just came back from a pretty decent workout, and I just felt like I was missing something, then I realized: I AM MISSING MY SUPPORT SYSTEM! So, I am re-committing to you guys. I say over and over how much I need you all, I guess I just got busy and lost track of that fact.

Thursdays are weigh-ins.... I AM NOW IN THE 250's!!! Ok, so barely, but I am so friggin' there. Lost 4 pounds this week, so I am back in the saddle. I think I miscalculated for Aunt Flo's visit, so I took my week's worth of PMS meds last week (I take them the week before), but I feel PMS'y today. I look at my body and just see a lot of fat... a sure sign Aunt Flo's train is pulling into the station.

I need to plan more carefully for food and whatnot. For some dumb reason I didn't get around to do "big shopping" this month, so I have been going every other day - expensive, time consuming and it means that I wake up and don't have the foods I need to keep up the program - I plan on doing the shopping this weekend and really stocking up. I also haven't even gotten around to checking my mail in like - 2 weeks!! Um, yea... I need to get back to reality.

I even started smoking again, it's so hard when all my friends and my SO do it, but I am re-committing here AGAIN. Starting tomorrow, I am smoke free. I had so much more energy and stamina. Plus, I wasn't so self-conscious of my breath. Blech.

Gonna go blog... missed you guys, I'll be back tomorrow now that I realize what life without FD looks like... *shudders*
Old 06-03-2010, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eeb_79
Jaybrodz- I actually type most of my post but especially long ones in a word program and then cut and past them into the fitday response box. I started doing this type of thing years ago when and an old email account used to time out and loose any long e-mails I wrote. Just a thought
Ugh, now why didn't I think of that Erin. I did that all last year for the classes that I was taking online. I think I may have early onset Alzheimer's and before you go whining about how I shouldn't joke about that, my mom had dementia for about five years before she passed. I mean I just don't remember things that I learned like I used to be able to do.

Welcome, Janet, and congrats for making that move--both of them--the move to Texas and to Fitday. You sound a little down on yourself, though, and as you iterated the not working outside the home probably does bother you. Well you didn't say it bothered you, but you are more active and apt not to think about food when you are, but I would also add, the former is probably true too. By the way, I am known as the one who speaks a lot, lol

Well, I am switching things up ladies. We talk a lot about calories and I am not totally abandoning them. Last week, I didn't keep a food journal. I was over each day but I ate "good" food that tasted good for me and my house is full of veggies and fruit, well not so much fruit because I only like apples, oranges, grapes and a bannana maybe once a year and that has to be near green. If it has a spot on it, forget it. I bought a lot of frozen fruit and I have can fruit, low sugar ice cream and my freezer is full and so is the rest of my pantry. Why am I saying all of this, it is because in the past when I went on an eating program as so many of the professionals tell us, I hadn't done that I now have pre-made low cal snacks in the house but I do keep fast packaged ones too, like lean pockets and the like. Again, I digressed, and didn't get to the why of it. I happened to be surfing the net today and received an email from another weight loss sight and it led to something else which led me to IE or intuitive eating and that seems to be what I first mentioned when I joined. I wanted to get back to eating like I used to eat when I was younger and in the army. It worked somewhat last week; although, I only lost .8lbs, but my guilt factor was nill. I didn't pig out on anything. I observed portions. It's just that I ate in the evening and nights. That is something I have to work on this week. I am not totally abandoning calories, because let's face it, they are practically ingrained in my head. I did it today and I feel no remorse. I think that I have eaten about 1600 cals and if the weight comes off slower than so be it. Probably to maintain the weight that I am trying to get to, at my age and activity level than the most I will ever be able to eat will be around 1800. Two thousand would definitely be stretching it.

In other words I am trying to set up eating habits that I can maintain for life and have been doing a lot of research on the health benefits of certain foods. Colon cancer runs rampid in my family. My father's mom and aunt died from it. He did, as well as two of his brothers. So that is the reason for the change in my strategy. Plus I just can't get the "My Pyramid" in, as it is called now, while trying to consume 1200 cals.

One thing, I am not going to not do is exercise. I will be so glad when I can. I am going to use my ab rocket tomorrow, since I can't walk for now for long periods of time. I took the Web MD test a couple years ago and it said I was much older than I am now. I want to at least get it down to my age.

Janet, as you can see I am long winded. Just for your edification, there is only my sister and I left in my family. I have grown children and a few friends from the military, but I feel most comfortable talking about weight issues here.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

oooh, I love the ab rocket! I was reading a sports med web site that ranked that as #10 of top 10 ab workouts! Way to go Jaynie! You're uh-mazing.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eeb_79
First and foremost I must weigh in (it is Thursday after all)…1.8 lbs this week and boy was that a struggle. Obviously it was Memorial Day weekend…three whole days off is a great way to screw up a girls schedule!

Don’t get me wrong I had a marvelous 3 days spent relaxing with my boyfriend. I was a very happy girl A very happy girl who went out to eat four days in a row and didn’t get the exercise she’s becoming accustomed to! I did get my boyfriend out on one 2 mile walk but it was a slow one. He was very supportive and was right there looking up nutrition facts with me (not that he used them for himself mind you- god forbid LOL) and really didn’t put up a fuss when I wanted to take that walk. The three days of the long weekend were not good food wise but they could have been much worse- I expected as much and was prepared to deal with the consequences so to speak but then Tuesday came around… Tuesday brought with it a text message from a somewhat estranged friend wanting to go out to eat and to a movie when I was done with work. I didn’t want to go. I wanted to get myself back on track. I needed to get in a good walk and to eat the darn lettuce threatening to go bad in my fridge. Unfortunately things have been so rough with this friendship that I felt like I had to go. I ate crap, sat in a movie for hours and started to feel like shit about myself. Tuesday was the straw that broke the camels back and by Wednesday I had a total “I suck at life” attitude- full of self loathing and bad self talk. Ugh. Wednesday I was determined to eat well no matter what and to put myself through my own version of a “Last Chance Workout” if only to shut up the damn voice in my head calling me a looser and worse! By the time I was heading to bed last night (slightly sore) I was feeling much much better. So as I mentioned it was a struggle this week but I got thru and I even got a negative number deserved or not.
Um, HELLO!? Ex-squeeze me!? Weren't you the one who told me I deserved to have a good time and be young a couple weeks ago when I had my set back? From the sound of it, your BF doesn't get to see you very often - so next time, just impress him with your studly priorities, this time... you got you enjoy you some man. Meh. Just like Scarlett, you too will live to fight another day - just like you said you didn't do as badly as you could have. Love yourself! (You reserve the right to TOTALLY throw this in my face when I do the same thing in the probable near future).
Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi There,

So, since I dont have a job, I will need to put alot of effort into working out and eating healty, I know Im an emotional eater (mostly a bored eater) and that will be one of my largest hurdles since im not working. When Im busy, I can go all day long without thinking about food which I also know is not healthy.

Long story short, I'm going to have to put a lot of work into this but Ive overcame harder things so I should be able to do this also.

Weeks on fitday.com: 0
Welcome, welcome, WELCOME!!!!! So glad to see our ranks growing! You will get so much encouragement here, it's unreal. Don't be afraid to ask questions, once you start losing, you LOVE explaining how you did it. I am so looking forward to rocking this journey with you, and seeing that weight melt away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.