Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Marvelous May  in the 100 plus womens thread >

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Community
Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

skinnyerinn, I have weird flucuations like that too. I link them to not enough water OR too much sodium. It'll probably come off pretty quick once you're back to drinking water and watching sodium. I know that I eat to much sodium, but it's really not something I watch too closely so I have the fluctuation...

Hang in there, it'll be okay!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Oh yea... Montanacricket just reminded me of something else - I GOT INTO MY SIZE 16 JEAN SHORTS ON SATURDAY! I haven't been able to wear those since 2006! So, I am a 268 pound size 16? Does that make sense if I am only 5'5"?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Oh yea... Montanacricket just reminded me of something else - I GOT INTO MY SIZE 16 JEAN SHORTS ON SATURDAY! I haven't been able to wear those since 2006! So, I am a 268 pound size 16? Does that make sense if I am only 5'5"?
YOU ROCK lady! We all have weird shapes...there's no such thing as normal.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
skinnyerinn, I have weird flucuations like that too. I link them to not enough water OR too much sodium. It'll probably come off pretty quick once you're back to drinking water and watching sodium. I know that I eat to much sodium, but it's really not something I watch too closely so I have the fluctuation...

Hang in there, it'll be okay!
I don't know why, but your encouragement actually brought tears to my eyes. I am taking this very hard, very personal. I didn't eat anymore sodium than usual, in fact I stopped taking the prescription sodium pills my doctor ordered me to take (with my extreme workouts my body burns through electrolytes VERY fast - like 1 hour, so I take prescription strength potassium and I am supposed to take sodium, but I was thinking the salt was slowing my loss). Thanks for the confidence and the encouragement, I hope to reply with good news very soon, I'd hate to change my signature if this doesn't come off by Thursday.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

skinnyerinn- You’ve got this. Don’t despair. In the scheme of things this 5 lbs (while yes VERY disheartening) is NOTHING compared to what you have accomplished already! You are AMAZING and I know you will beat it into submission in no time flat. From one Erin to another- YOU ROCK! (Remember that chica)

Also have fun with your friends and try not to beat yourself up for the extra work that may come out of it… Relationships, time with friends, fun and your own happiness are so important in to life. You’re 29- you can live a little AND you can do the work to make up for it. My water and Diet Coke (yep I’m double fisting it this fine morning) are raised to you. You’re my inspiration and like I said before – You’ve got this!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eeb_79
skinnyerinn- You’ve got this. Don’t despair. In the scheme of things this 5 lbs (while yes VERY disheartening) is NOTHING compared to what you have accomplished already! You are AMAZING and I know you will beat it into submission in no time flat. From one Erin to another- YOU ROCK! (Remember that chica)

Also have fun with your friends and try not to beat yourself up for the extra work that may come out of it… Relationships, time with friends, fun and your own happiness are so important in to life. You’re 29- you can live a little AND you can do the work to make up for it. My water and Diet Coke (yep I’m double fisting it this fine morning) are raised to you. You’re my inspiration and like I said before – You’ve got this!
eeb - thank you so much, glad I can be your inspiration... I am going to make that my mantra - "You've got this!" whenever I look at the scale. I just did my Yoga and went cycling. I usually do 6.5 miles on the weight loss track (which is 4 minutes at resistance level 1, 4 minutes at 10... and so on for 32 minutes). On the resistance level 1 segments I did my weight lifting exercises. Seeing my muscles bulge out of all my extra skin gave me a little more confidence and made me appreciate my body a little more. Now I'm off to work, tonight I am going to do another 6.5 miles then my core exercises, push-ups and gravediggers. I am going to sweat this gain out!
I double fist it in the morning too, I got 50 ounces of water in with my protein shake! You guys are so awesome for taking the time to boost me up!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn

When I weighed in on Thursday I was 263, now I am 268!?!?!??!?!? FOUR glasses of wine gained me FIVE friggin' pounds!?!?!?! I am very upset about this, I vow I will never have fun again, never act like a normal 29 year old again and think I can have the occasional glass of wine with friends. We all went out to brunch after church on Sunday, everyone was drinking mimosas and having REALLY fatty foods. I drank water and had a breakfast burrito with veggies and egg ONLY (no fatty breakfast meat like everyone else) and I didn't even eatthe tortilla - just opened it up and ate the insides! But I gained 5 pounds!? Someone help me here... was it the fact that I didn't drink more water?
It very well could be that you didn't drink your water. Alcohol can make you retain water, and the way to get rid of excess water is to um, drink more water. Crazy but true. It could also be constipation, no lie if I don't go on a given day, I will be up the next. The other thing could be Aunt Flo, you expecting her in the next week or so? And given that crazy workout your doing, it could just be some muscle gain, duh. And it's probably a combination of things, right? Did you gain five pounds of fat, no you did not, fat doesn't stand a chance of gathering on you these days, cause you will beat it off with a stick, a low-fat, low-cal, high protein, grueling workout stick. Oh yes you will. Take that fat, whack whack whack.

Now on the fatty breakfast meats, I highly recommend a little bacon. I usually get some on the weekends, and it helps me stay on track. This last weekend I had sausage on Saturday and bacon on Sunday and I was down this morning. I've been finding that as long as my fat intake for the day isn't over 20-30% or so, I lose pretty steadily.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Chris,

Great about the jeans and shorts. I know that makes you feel good. I didn't track my food yesterday either. What I did do was since I have a lot of customized foods, add them all up and just put them in one entry. When I customize, I don't put all the nutrients. But what I have decided this time, is one, if I overeat not devour everything but just to continue the day and you know what, I was no where near my maintenance cals. And today I am right back in line with where I should be at this time of day. In the past I would have just quit for awhile and edged my way back up. I just came from maintaining the weight I had lost, as you will see below and beginning again. I am trying different strategies this time. I am so glad that you have not let your weekend deter you.

Sorry about your walk and arthritis. I have it in my left shoulder and one time I could barely drive, which was particulary bad since I drive using hand controls. I feel you.

Jaynie
Old 05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

Erinn,

I think that constipation could also be it. That is first what came to my mind but then I am 52. For me, it makes me gain weight, even when I know I have been "good" and irritable and frustrated and then I count back and think that is it!

Jaynie
Old 05-25-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mornin' all! I raise my coffee cup to you all! Even with the ups and downs and scale malfunctions, we're all still keeping up the fight. And almeeker, I love what you said, "take that fat, whack whack whack"!

GOt my 1.5 miles in this morning despite hurting. We have a super weather system here, and the rain is badly needed, so I'm not going to complain, other than to say "I hurt, therefore I am".

My other 30 minutes was spent working out on the bowflex. Sure am glad we bought that thing so many years ago--just sad that it sat unused in the garage for so long! And GLAD I have it in my house now!

Hold the line ladies, we can all do this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.