Notices

I'm carrying around...

Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy I'm carrying around...

58.11 pounds of fat!

Seriously, I just measured my body fat percentage (just using an online calculator, so probably not extremely accurate)...

My body fat percentage is 33.40
Pounds of body fat = 58.11
Lean body weight = 115.89

That is disgusting. Talk about a freaking wake up call. FIFTY EIGHT POUNDS OF FAT. That's like walking around with my pit bull attached to my hip (that's the only thing I could think of that weighs 60 pounds lol).

I am seriously very disturbed by this notion. Eww.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

You'll get there. I hate to think how many pounds of fat I have on my...probably over 100...

Look at it as though you're now on the right track!

ETA: I like to "joke" that I'm carrying around a whole 'nother person!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Angry

Hiya try not to dwell on the statistics. I once used one of those computer analysers and was informed i was carrying 6stones of pure fat. I was disgusted and did nothing but feel sorry for myself for ages. Ive since lost alot of the weight I was carrying then but still not at my goal.
The point i wanted to make is that scanner said that my ideal healthy weight is somewhere between 8st 8lbs and 9st 3lbs for my 5ft 3in height but i definately do not want to be that small. I personally want to reach 10st 7lbs basically because i still want my curves and id like to have flesh around my bones. This doesnt mean ill be unhealthy id have shifted 6stones from my frame but id be happy in myself and be the weight i choose not what some computer tells me.
We all have a choice as individuals to desire any size body we want and we dont need pressure from anybody or any machine to stop us from achieving our personal goals!!!!
It isnt a surprise why ther is so many people suffering with eating disorders and body complexes when our heads are being filled with having to be a certain way. Whats wrong with people looking how they choose?
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WANTING TO REACH THEIR PERSONAL TARGET!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

When I started doing this, I was astounded to discover that I was carrying around an extra 125 pounds of fat. At first I went into "denial", it was just plum crazy to consider getting down to an "ideal" weight, especially since the calculator didn't take my cup size into consideration - the nerve. But somewhere along the line I got honest with myself and realized that if I don't face the music and get healthy, I'm going to die well before I'm good and ready.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

My issue with this whole thing is, I'm not using my body to its full potential. It's like I'm wasting all of my good space with blubber. If I'm going to weigh a normal, healthy weight, I want it to be full of lean muscle mass...not squishy cottage cheese!

I just desperately want to be long and lean, and not look like a double scoop of chunky monkey on top of a baby cone...is that so much to ask? lol
Old 05-07-2010, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

I was just noticing that you and I weigh the same amount. There was another poster that said "you are what you eat, and who wants to be a great big greasy cheeseburger butt?". Not me!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mmmmm cheeseburger. BAD! Gah, see! I can't stop the madness!

Do you know what is REALLY irritating? The fact that I can feel my rock solid abs...under an inch of fat Like, if I push on my stomach, I feel my abs under there. They're just waiting to be seen!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Jenny: If your carrying around a pit bull attached to your waist....I must be carrying around a bull mastiff around mine!!!!! Grosss!!!!!

I too can feel my abs....under an inch of fat...but this will all change, I'm sure.

So I measured myself for the second time since I began this "journey" (first being when I started on 3/30/10) and I lost .25" to 1" almost everywhere around my body so far EXCEPT my thighs!!!!!! OMG does that feel like a big kick in the face! Ughh I hate being "pear shaped"
Old 05-08-2010, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Girls,
I read what you're saying here...heeeeeeeey! Wake up! We ALL have to do something for ouselves and our bodies, but not because we are disgusting, but because we eant to look even better than we look now, right?! Love your bodies!!! ;-)

If you have FACEBOOK go see this group! It's great! It's Croatian (I believe there are similar in English but I found this one and it's called: Viva the girls with curves!!!! :-) ) p.s. It's my translation so it's probably not the best, but you get the picture, ha? And you'll see how many men like curves...and on the photos are really girls with curves ;-))...and then they put there girls with anorexia...that's sad...after you see it, you'll love yourself and work on your body just to make it even prettier than it is!!! :-)))