Notices

Bikram Yoga Retreat

Old 09-25-2013, 09:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default Bikram Yoga Retreat

If you're looking extreme sweating caused by bikram yoga flushes and cleanses the body. Give yoga a try! See how it makes you feel, and watch your mind, body, and world open up!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, this is my first reply to a post. Let's see how it goes!

How long have you been doing bikram? I started doing vinyasa yoga for a few months and I absolutely love it- the relaxation, benefits to my back, stretching, etc. However I do not find it to be very aerobic. Do you find bikram to be an aerobic exercise or more relaxation?

Thank you.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Being somewhat a yoga devotee I'd like to weigh in here. The relationship between yoga and weight loss is very complicated. No matter how you label your yoga it is not going to be high on calorie burning and you should always still do other workouts (strength and cardio). However yoga does help mentally, spiritually, physically you sleep better feel better etc. It also can help with emotional eating and body awareness.

Anyone selling "their" yoga for weight loss is not being forthcoming. I have done daily yoga for years and it does not directly impact my weight at all.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:04 PM
FitDay Member

Bikram yoga has become one of the world’s most popular escape routes. There are morning hot springs, sparkling mineral pools, gourmet meals and tranquil settings that leave you feeling re-energized. Bikram Yoga has been known to make people feel like they've been transported into another dimension. This is due to the incredible effect it has on the body and mind. Being in Bikram Yoga means being connected with your inner self, your true nature. Many Bikram yoga practitioners feel a sense of bliss and relaxation even after they stop going to the yoga studio. This is because being in Bikram center helps reduce stress in the body, mind, and soul. It has been said that when you stop fighting mind, body and spirit you will find yourself living a more happy life.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 06-11-2022 at 02:59 AM. Reason: link