Notices

Emotional eating

Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Emotional eating

Good Saturday
Eating along with crying being glued to TV during the Marathon race/bombing I became so upset that once again food became my crutch......as it had years ago
yet I thought I had it under control......guess not ?
Living 50 miles south of Boston our tv stations kept showing every detail 24/7 such a sad day and week - then funerals and MIT memorial it still bothers me just thinking about it.
No excuse that I went up to 165 so now back on track today 163.8
Plan to make veggie chile soup and weigh in on Friday
Thanks for everyone on this forum - I don't write much but love reading all the great ideas etc
Healthy eating
Mari Plymouth MA
Prayers for all those still in hospitals here and recovering in re-hab
God Bless
Old 05-05-2013, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MARI66
Good Saturday
Eating along with crying being glued to TV during the Marathon race/bombing I became so upset that once again food became my crutch......as it had years ago
yet I thought I had it under control......guess not ?
Living 50 miles south of Boston our tv stations kept showing every detail 24/7 such a sad day and week - then funerals and MIT memorial it still bothers me just thinking about it.
No excuse that I went up to 165 so now back on track today 163.8
Plan to make veggie chile soup and weigh in on Friday
Thanks for everyone on this forum - I don't write much but love reading all the great ideas etc
Healthy eating
Mari Plymouth MA
Prayers for all those still in hospitals here and recovering in re-hab
God Bless
Hi Mari,
I found that prayer to God to help me lose weight and exercise stops my emotional eating.
Hope you feel better soon.
-IMOC
Old 05-05-2013, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

There's something about food. It's there. It's there when you want it. It's simple, it's good, it gives immediate satisfaction. No wonder it's so useful in times of stress.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Emotional eating

THANKS FOR your replies- yet I did use food to sooth I am now back
to logging in and listing my foods--just do not know what I would do
w/o this site- I really really need to get down another 12-15 lbs for health reasons --so my friends together we will do it-- found this saying -do not know
author- "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SLIM FEELS"
HAVE a wonderful week
Mari
Old 07-29-2013, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

i get it. I used to have anorexia, but now im like Starve for a month or two, purge for a month or two. ugh.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

emotional eating is hard to get past -- are there specific foods that you are more prone to comfort-eat than others? Is it possible to keep them out of the house for a while?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Emotional eating and boredom eating are two things I just cannot seem to stop. Since I've moved out, I do not buy anything that I am likely to binge on. All of my food is either fresh and healthy (fruits, veggies, etc) or requires a lot of time to prepare.
I try to find something else that I can do when I am bored or lazy, a hobby that relieves stress. I've found that art is very therapeutic! Dancing, painting, singing, beading, anything that is expressive.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

I've been trying to substitute chewing gum when I feel that urge but do not have actual hunger. I go through a LOT of gum. Sugar free, of course.