Notices
Like Tree1Likes

Tips please

Old 09-14-2017, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

A lot of my clients have trouble losing weight if they don't have a program to follow. Several have had success with The Fast Metabolism Diet. You can get the book from Barnes and Noble or Amazon if you are looking for options on diet plans. I like this one because it's based on real food and about portion size versus counting calories. Most diets are going to suggest your reduce coffee, alcohol, sugar, empty carbs - things that play with your metabolism and blood sugar levels. Be kind to yourself, drink lots of water, walk, get plenty of sleep. Remember it takes 21 days at least to make something a habit so go slow and steady. It's a lifestyle change for the rest of your life not a sprint.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Sustainability is key!! Find something you like to exercise, and do it, I would say at least three four times a week. A lifestyle change is required in this case, otherwise your weight loss will never remain sustainable.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I hope you are doing great!

And I really hope you have been managing with your goal. You can do it!!
Old 09-19-2017, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by iamgoingtobe200pounds
I have a great deal of weight to lose as well. The best advice I can find is don't make yourself miserable. The key to long term weight loss in large amounts is long term behavior modification. You can't do something for a week or a month. Because of this, many of us eat foods we don't like, give up whole food groups, or force ourselves into unhappy exercise, then can't keep it up - because no one is going to do something that makes them miserable for the long term.

Be honest. Honest about the foods you will eat, honest about the exercise you can do, honest about what you can commit to. If something is not pleasurable, you won't do it. That does not mean you lack will power - it means you are human, and the brain has evolved to keep you supplied with dopamine. So pick out foods that you enjoy eating, pick out the nutrient dense ones and eat those in small amounts.

No one wants to do it, but in the beginning you will need to weigh your food or count the calories. I recommend starting at 2,000. You can lose a lot of weight on 2,000 calories, and if you work all day you will need them to keep your energy up. You will be tempted to negotiate calories (I can eat this today if I don't eat this tomorrow....ect) This will not work. You really need to stick to your guns on the 2,000. I once calculated that even 200 calories a day (once slice of cheddar+one apple) over 2,000 every day will actually cause you to gain.

Also, the calorie killer is eating out. Even if the calories are on display, most of the time most chain restaurants don't measure out the amounts of sauces and oil exactly when cooking. It may say 500 calories and really be 1,000. If you want to stick to 2,000 you need to make your own food.

Find out if you are insulin resistant - if you have a muffin and a glass of orange juice do you go into an exhaustion coma? This means your body produces insulin differently, and you will need to make sure you are eating protein and fat with your carbs to slow down your insulin response.

Choose an easy exercise that costs no money, and you enjoy. I suggest walking. Walk an hour outside of your usual activities. Go at a comfortable pace. Not slow and meandering, not fast.

Also, sometimes you will have a shitty day, and go over your calories. That is life. The key is that the next day you get back on the horse and don't use it as an excuse to throw the whole week away.

If you can do this for a year, you will lose at least half the weight. It is going to be annoying because you are going to want external validation from the scale, and that will end up happening slowly when you want it to happen quickly. If you are very big, you will also have to wait for the "Have you lost weight?" exclamations that feel so good.

But if you can do it - eat foods you enjoy in the right amounts, eat nutrient dense foods, make sure your meals have fat, carbs and protein in every meal, walk an extra hour every day, it really will work.
Thanks for amazing work here. My sister is gaining weight and it seems nothing is working for her. I think your tips gonna help her. I am gonn take a print out of this answer.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

The first thing to do is to consult a therapist and check your hormones. The problem with hormones can significantly slow down losing weight. Any physical activity is good for you. You can start running, jogging, swimming, or even yoga. Just remember that you should really enjoy it! I like simply walking a lot. I usually listen to music on the go as it helps me to concentrate on my breath and pace. Also for me, it is the best way to enjoy my favorite songs. On YouTube, I always discover great songs that I convert to mp3 with the help of this youtube mp3 converter. Personally, I like this one as it works with all the popular platforms as well. Moreover, it's quite fast and easy to use.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:21 PM
FitDay Member

This is a great plan!
Old 11-07-2021, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Set small goals that you know you can achieve instead of looking to lose the whole amount.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Check you health with a good therapist or gynecologic doctor for you have irregular periods, PCOS or PCOD problem, do you have hormonal's imbalance problems, so consult doctor as soon as possible.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

You do not have to worry. Some things are natural however, You can follow a regular routine, balanced diet and ayurvedic herbs would help
Old 11-07-2022, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there, I also tried to lose some weights, there are different ways to lose weights, I choose 16 hours no eating, and the rest 8 hours can eat whatever you want. Besides you need to move more, or do some sport to keep your body fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.