FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/4/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1003-5-15-pounders-weekly-check-5-4-2010-a.html)

runawayspoon 05-04-2010 03:12 AM

way to go Mandy-- that's where all my weight is....around my lower back and hips...yuk! Anyway, after a horrendous week of visitors and restaurant food and the worst, ME cooking for friends, with the left overs, I still weighed in at 133.4. So I think by the end of the week I can get back to 132 which is where I want to be for awhile until the old bod decides on 131. One at a time, I say! Yes, welcome new members... be sure to go to the 5-15 lb forum...this is the weekly weigh-in, which i love! I really makes me want to reach a goal instead of just blowing it off for a few more days, read few more lbs. Have a super week! I am visiting my sis in San Diego and we will be doing the restaurant thing! I wish they wouldn't put bread (and butter) on the table!!!:DSharon

agarner3706 05-04-2010 03:17 AM

Welcome sistahsolda & mrskbonura! Looking forward to seeing you on the other thread:)

Congrats to mandab on the inches lost and Molly for the 2#! Amazing!

Mambo, don't be too hard on yourself. You see where you need to make changes and that's important. Logging my food is really they key for me. I find when I don't I allow myself to snack much more. Stay strong girl!

quinn, I hope you are feeling better. It's best to leave those times behind you and be grateful that you are making such great progress in maintaining! I hope to have some pretty red numbers next to my name in a couple of months. You and Cassie are inspiring!:)

Missmatch, take good care of yourself! I hope you are up and around soon.

Have a great trip Beth!

As for me I am still at 147, possibly 146.5 but my scale doesn't have ounces. I'm hoping the changes I made to my calorie balance will help to kick start my system for next week.

Have a great day girls and congrats on all the hard work:)

Built 05-04-2010 03:17 AM

I JUST SPENT A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME ENTERING IN A LONG POST AND LOST IT--ARGH!!!:mad:

Okay, ladies, heading to the airport, so I'll just say my habits have carried me through the past week because my head certainly wasn't in the game. Lots going on. Weight the same, measurements the same...I'm okay with it as I'm getting close to my goal.

CONGRATS to all who have progressed and hugs to those who need them!

I'll be checking in:)

Browneyez31 05-04-2010 09:16 AM

Sadly...no weight loss this week so far, although I am retaining water (i will be getting my monthly visitor this week) i dunno if that has anything to do with the no weight loss...

Starting weight: 180lbs
Current weight: 174lbs
Goal weight: 125lbs

lucky29charm 05-04-2010 11:21 AM

Sorry ladies that I didn't check in last week. I was really down and upset, but I am back. As of today, I have lost 8lbs. It has been a month since I have started my goal. So ladies thank you for the support and 12 more pounds to go!!!!!!

quinnesec 05-04-2010 12:21 PM

Congrats to all who made the scale budge this week... no easy task! Remember that inches lost is just as important. There were weeks that I didn't lose anything either, but I did see a change on the tape measure. If you're not measuring in weekly, give it a try! You might be surprised. It's a nice way to keep the spirits up when the scale won't go down. ;)

Hang in there and continue on. Many of you are so close to your goal!

Time to start a fresh, new week!

quinn

agarner3706 05-04-2010 12:27 PM

quinn, thanks so much for all of your encouraging words. A lot of people would have already left the forum after they met your goal. The fact that you and Cassie have stuck around to cheer all of us on is really appreciated:D

I will keep your words in mind as I am sitting here next to my husband who is snacking on potato chips right now. They would probably taste really good right now, but not as good as the taste of victory will be when I get to my goal!

quinnesec 05-04-2010 02:51 PM

Andrea* What is it with husbands and chips anyway???

To be honest, the reason that I stick around is because I could not possibly keep the weight off without all of you cheering me on and keeping me honest. I still use fitday to log my foods and record my weight daily, as I am adding new things back in and have found some to be better for maintenance than others.

You'll find too, once you reach your 135 (...and you will ;) ) that the challenge doesn't end, it simply changes. People cringe when I say this, but it really is like an alcohol addiction, only with food. Once an alcoholic "dries out", the challenge isn't over. It continues. Same with food. The reason why all of us are here, is because we have, at some level, an unhealthy relationship with food and use it for reasons other than nourishment, right? There's an old saying that "losing weight is easy; I've done it a million times." lol Well, I want this time to be my last. Being accountable, here, seems to be the key for me.

Have an awesome night!

quinn

cjohnson728 05-04-2010 03:00 PM

I Second!

Definitely, the accountability and the camaraderie keep me coming back. I learn from you all every day...and I wouldn't want that to change now that I'm at my goal weight.

I know I still need to log my food and activities; some folks may be able to stop eventually but I can't foresee doing that; my mind can rationalize anything, so I need the accountability and also people who understand to check in with, to ask for help from, and to keep me honest with myself! Like Quinn mentioned, it's not over, it's just another phase of the process.

It's also very exciting and gratifying to watch other people progress toward their goals, knowing that it will happen and we can all do the happy dance :).

quinnesec 05-04-2010 03:10 PM

Yep, and we have to figure out a fireworks graphic for reaching goal yet, too! ;)

I was just looking back at the names on the 5-15 lb. thread back in January when we first started. It's kind of like "Survivor" with only a few of us left standing... LOL