Notices

Can somebody please explain this

Old 06-15-2013, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can somebody please explain this

Carbs vs protein vs calories. lets say a food is 24 carbs and 20 protien with 220 calories. is this good for a 1300 a day diet. what should i be looking for?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

As you can see fitday does not specify at all because there are an abundance of eating plans and you need to follow the one that is best for you. Some people are eating low fat, some low carb, etc. Some favor a specific amount of protein.

Personally I have no restrictions other than staying in a 1200-1400 range on my calories. However, I have noted that if I eat too many carbs I am hungrier, I am less hungry if I eat more protein. Also make sure you are getting your fiber in. This is more challenging when you are cutting calories.

If your sole goal is to lose weight, you will need to work out what works best for you. For the long term you need a meal plan that is nutritious, that keeps you full and that you won't binge on.

There are RDA's for everything. You might want to check that out.

My 2 cents. I am no expert just doing this since Dec.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Philtron
Carbs vs protein vs calories. lets say a food is 24 carbs and 20 protien with 220 calories. is this good for a 1300 a day diet. what should i be looking for?
220 calories for how much food? How many grams?

220 calories for a meal is low, for a snack it's high.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
As you can see fitday does not specify at all because there are an abundance of eating plans and you need to follow the one that is best for you. Some people are eating low fat, some low carb, etc. Some favor a specific amount of protein.

Personally I have no restrictions other than staying in a 1200-1400 range on my calories. However, I have noted that if I eat too many carbs I am hungrier, I am less hungry if I eat more protein. Also make sure you are getting your fiber in. This is more challenging when you are cutting calories.

If your sole goal is to lose weight, you will need to work out what works best for you. For the long term you need a meal plan that is nutritious, that keeps you full and that you won't binge on.

There are RDA's for everything. You might want to check that out.

My 2 cents. I am no expert just doing this since Dec.

So i should be looking for more protein and fiber. I bought fiber bars and protien rich foods with low calories and medium carbs levels. This dieting thing is half the battle. thanks for the advice!