FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just men (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/)
-   -   The Smoke Room (cigars/pipes/spirits) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/5505-smoke-room-cigars-pipes-spirits.html)

VitoVino 10-19-2011 11:25 AM

The Smoke Room (cigars/pipes/spirits)

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a health forum. But we don't inhale our cigars and pipes now do we?

This thread is for cigar and pipe smokers.

I do both, but only about 6 cigars a year while I smoke my pipes usually once a day but not always.

What do you like? For cigars I prefer Mayorga. Great bang for the buck.

For pipes my favorites are Virginia-Perique (St. James Parish), McClelland VA's, Tinderbox "Special Blend", Mac Baren Dark Twist, and Orlik Golden Sliced.

Sometimes while eating all these fruits and veggies a man needs a good smoke for some robust flavor. :D

Any other recreational smokers out there? And if you want to talk up single malt whiskey, be my guest!

mecompco 10-19-2011 11:44 AM

I do like a good cigar, but it's been years since I've had one. My daughter turned 18 and has been talking about going to the hookah bar--that might be fun to try.

Regards,
Michael

VitoVino 10-19-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 60039)
I do like a good cigar, but it's been years since I've had one. My daughter turned 18 and has been talking about going to the hookah bar--that might be fun to try.

Regards,
Michael

That sounds like a blast! I've heard it's a really great experience although I personally haven't tried it - yet.

BTW, don't forget to wet your whistle here: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post60043

helveticat 10-25-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 60036)
And if you want to talk up single malt whiskey, be my guest!

I'm not much of a cigar man but whiskey is my weight loss secret weapon. One or two measures will last me the same time as 3-4 glasses of wine or Lord knows how many beers.

My current tipple is this gorgeous Welsh single malt: Penderyn Distillery | Madeira finished single malt Welsh whisky: Penderyn Welsh Whiskies Online Shop

mecompco 10-25-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by helveticat (Post 60626)
I'm not much of a cigar man but whiskey is my weight loss secret weapon. One or two measures will last me the same time as 3-4 glasses of wine or Lord knows how many beers.

My current tipple is this gorgeous Welsh single malt: Penderyn Distillery | Madeira finished single malt Welsh whisky: Penderyn Welsh Whiskies Online Shop

We all know alcohol is very bad for weight loss, but if you're going to do it, straight shots make sense. I'm not much into whiskey, but good tequila does it for me. A nice chilled shot of Patron is tough to beat.

Regards,
Michael

helveticat 10-27-2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 60627)
A nice chilled shot of Patron is tough to beat.

Oh man, it's been a long time since I had a good tequila. I've put a bottle of Patron Silver on my Amazon wish list (weirdly) and will be writing to Santa.

VitoVino 11-09-2011 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by helveticat (Post 60626)

Weight loss 'secret weapon' eh? Never thought of it like that, but you've got a point!

Not familiar with Penderyn but I'll have to see what the reviews are. I'm partial to The Glenlivet, 15 French Oak Reserve. I really enjoy the mellowness and slight oaky flavor. Nothing like it on a cold winters night kickin back relaxin' and sipping some good Scotch.

And I'm not really a cigar person either, never have been. But pipes, yeah man. A cigar is a cigar but comparing it to pipe tobacco is like going from black and white TV to color high definition. :D

And pipes are one of the last bastions of a man's world. ;)

VitoVino 11-09-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 60627)
We all know alcohol is very bad for weight loss, but if you're going to do it, straight shots make sense. I'm not much into whiskey, but good tequila does it for me. A nice chilled shot of Patron is tough to beat.

Is there such a thing as "a nice shot" of tequila? I've never met a tequila that I've liked, and I've sampled a bunch. But yeah, the stuff will get you really loco in short order.

trapsbrah 12-22-2011 09:27 AM

Cain torpedo straight cut for me, with strong coffee with half & half (yes, calories, yes, fat grams), and loud talk, but its getting a bit too cold outside for my tastes.

Ah, the summer time, with a cigar with your brahs from time to time!

villeny 03-02-2012 01:58 AM

wow...like-minded people...that's great...I also smoke cigars, and mostly prefer cuban cigars...I think they are more flavourful...I don't have a favourite cigar, but I really like Cohibas and Punch.