Notices

The mens locker room at the gym...[rant]

Old 09-08-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by afsan01
Just my most humble opinion -- and I am not an expert on anything -- but it seems that any guy who is uncomfortable, or weired-out, but another guy looking at his penis has some type of deep rooted shame associated with his penis. Not necessarily with the size, per se, although I guess that could be it, but with some negative associations that have developed over the years (school? church? family?).
Originally Posted by Kathy13118
'I guess that's what happens when amateur psychology takes to the soapbox.'

IMO, it's not amateur psychology - it's discussing manners.

You're welcome to your opinion, as I am welcome to mine. But I fail to see how that is "discussing manners" when it clearly goes towards amateur psychology.

Perhaps you just "don't get it". After all, this IS the "men's only corner", meaning there are going to be topics where women just won't understand because it's "guy stuff'.

Furthermore, the person is discussing "looking at". Then you bring up "grabbing". Totally different.

Last edited by VitoVino; 09-08-2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: spellin'
Old 09-08-2011, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by afsan01
-- but it seems that any guy who is uncomfortable, or weired-out, but another guy looking at his penis has some type of deep rooted shame associated with his penis.

So you wouldn't have any problem while standing at a urinal, the guy next to you peeking to catch a glimpse?? Or how about the same situation, only this time the guy is standing behind you, off to the side, just staring??
Old 09-08-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
So you wouldn't have any problem while standing at a urinal, the guy next to you peeking to catch a glimpse?? Or how about the same situation, only this time the guy is standing behind you, off to the side, just staring??
If he is behind you he's probably looking at your ass not your junk. Sorry I used the word penis but for some reason I don't like that word and had to change it!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Vito: I've never had a guy glance over while I was peeing; however, I did have a guy peek through the stall-door-crack when I was dropping the kids off at the pool. I simply said: "ummm, can I help you?" The guy ran off.

Listen, I'm not saying we should all act like dogs and accept ass sniffing from strangers with a happy wag of the tail. There are clearly societal norms that must be respected; I get that. But let's be clear: there is a difference between some dude peeking over the urinal divider to get a look at some other guy's junk vs. being uncomfortable, as a general rule, being naked around other men.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
If he is behind you he's probably looking at your ass not your junk. Sorry I used the word penis but for some reason I don't like that word and had to change it!

You've obviously never used a urinal before. Someone could stand off to the side and peek if they want.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Good afsan01. I'm glad to see that you have your limits as well. As for me, I don't appreciate some guy staring at me when I'm changing in the locker room, and I don't have any "deep rooted shame" either. That's my limit. Yours is the bathroom stall. We all have our levels of comfort and it doesn't mean that somebody has shame about their body.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

You've obviously never used a urinal before. Someone could stand off to the side and peek if they want.

Nope, never used one. Can't say that I ever will. And it was a joke. So many posts in this thread elude to the fact that a guy must be gay to look at your personal parts. I was just joking that he was checking out your ass.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

So many posts in this thread elude to the fact that a guy must be gay to look at your personal parts.
Yeah, I've seen that. Well it's the big topic of discussion everywhere, on everybody's mind (for better or worse). After all, it's not the 1950's anymore.

I was just joking that he was checking out your ass.

When I get to my goal weight, maybe I'll post a pic of the machine that helped me get there (bike) along with myself, then you ladies can decide if I've got a fine one or not.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

'Furthermore, the person is discussing "looking at". Then you bring up "grabbing". Totally different.'

Actually, my point was about how body parts are different. A body part is not just a body part. If that is the attitude a person uses, then manners fly out the window...

I went to a nudist colony when I was young, so I know how body parts become just 'body parts' in a certain setting. However, in the nudist camp, had some person tried to get close to me, paying attention to my body parts (yeah, even looking at them with interest), it would have made me run the other way because it was so unappropriate.

Even the nudist camp had that code of manners.

As a woman, maybe I don't see this from a man's perspective. I do go to a gym where the women's showers have the same environment of nudity, though.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

LMAO, ok, the humor is back! Way to go Mike!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.