FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just men (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/)
-   -   Maintenance, Once you get "there" (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/4806-maintenance-once-you-get-there.html)

askoolteacher 07-23-2011 07:18 AM

Maintenance, Once you get "there"

I lost my weight and have been at or under my goal weight since the end of March. I have adapted to a vacation and summer time but now, for some reason, I am struggling when it comes to avoiding my trigger foods. I am still okay but I need a boost. Anybody else having similar issues?

01gt4.6 07-23-2011 07:32 AM

Yes I actually posted about this today. I've fallen of the wagon hard lately and I wonder if it's b/c it's boring trying to maintain. Maybe it'll be more fun for me to just pig out for a while then drop the weight again. Next week I get busy trying to reverse the damage, but I can relate. Maintaining isn't fun or easy.

mecompco 07-23-2011 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 51714)
Maybe it'll be more fun for me to just pig out for a while then drop the weight again. Next week I get busy trying to reverse the damage, but I can relate. Maintaining isn't fun or easy.

Mike, this may work for you but I think it would be treading on dangerous ground for folks like me with eating/food addiction. It's just all too easy to slip back into old habits.

Luckily I've still got a weighs to go before I have to think about maintaining. I have, though, increased my cal intake on average some and the losses continue. Of course, being off work I'm spending my days outside doing stuff instead of sitting behind a keyboard all day. I may have to cut back again when work starts back up.

My take on the situation, and I know it's easier said than done it to stop the slide NOW. Come up with a new goal and work towards it. Just MHO, and I find it much easier to give advice than to take it. :D

Regards,
Michael

01gt4.6 07-24-2011 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 51732)
Mike, this may work for you but I think it would be treading on dangerous ground for folks like me with eating/food addiction. It's just all too easy to slip back into old habits.

Maybe what I said came out wrong. I've had control over my food for the past 2 years, now lately it seems to control me. I don't want for it to be like this. That was the only way I knew how to explain it.

askoolteacher 07-25-2011 12:06 AM

Thanks for the good thoughts. It is Monday and Monday's are a good day for me to get back in line. I'm 181 this morning and my "happy weight" is 178. The 17 Day Diet was how I lost my 32 pounds so I am going to get on Cycle One and stay there until I get back to 178 and stay there for 3 days. Once I do that, I will get to the maintenance cycle. It is reassuring to hear you guys. Thanks