Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
I'm Honestly At The Point Of Giving Up! >

I'm Honestly At The Point Of Giving Up!

Community
Notices

I'm Honestly At The Point Of Giving Up!

Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Please don't give up.

Holding on through the hard times is what will make it happen.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am recent graduate from the University of Hawai'i at Manoa in Food Science & Human Nutrition. I could not help but read about you giving up about weight loss. I would say that you are doing a very good job, and the healthful recommendation is to lose is 1-2 lbs. Keep on trying, you can get there!!!!

Jon
Old 04-07-2011, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Everyone goes through this plateau. Some longer than others. I was at 333, went down to 262 after 8 months and gave up because I wasnt losing weight the way I was (and I had been through a plateau of 3 weeks previously too) - I then went up to 315 and it just took me 5 months to do it! Apart from feeling physcially awful again, I beat myself up for a number of months before I had the courage to start again. Now I'm back on the horse again. Point is, dont give up just because you're not losing at the same rate. Its just not going to happen week after week after week, but then you'll do the same thing and think "how on earth did I lose 5 lbs this week?!?!).

Hope to see you hit the goals you set, but remember that if you dont, it doesnt matter that much - you're being a healthier person and are better for it.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

I've been stuck at my current weight now for about 6 weeks, so i have just adjusted my calorie intake and upped my cardio but still have had no change I'm at the point of quitting but i'll keep going and hope it changes so far i have lost 42lbs in just over a year of changing my life style
The next few weeks will either encourage me to continue or ill have to have a rethink on my goals
Old 04-10-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Everyone gets frustrated, if you give up then what.

If your health is important to you it's worth it!!!

By the way 1 pound a week is fantastic, remember the weight didn't magically appear one morning. Be patient and set realistic golas look how fae you have come nor how far you have left to go..

You can do it!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by micky65
I've been stuck at my current weight now for about 6 weeks, so i have just adjusted my calorie intake and upped my cardio but still have had no change I'm at the point of quitting but i'll keep going and hope it changes so far i have lost 42lbs in just over a year of changing my life style
The next few weeks will either encourage me to continue or ill have to have a rethink on my goals
I would say it depend where you are at.

If you are in the healthy weight range, or have lost quite a lot (as you say 42 pounds). And the scale make you crazy. It's wouldn't be bad to think of maintaince for a while. Pick it up again when you ready.

If you still have a lot to lose, try to stick with it. It will show soon.

I basically stuck on the number for a while 10 weeks or so. Now I set my mind to maintaince. I still got on the scale 1 a week to make sure I won't gain. Work out 3-5 times a week. Still log on my food.
I feel less fusstrated and enjoy my day more. But I am sure in a few weeks I will try to be more strick again b/c I still wanted to lose 10-13 more pounds.

Good luck,
Mai