Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
40 pounds in 4 months! Help me!!!! >

40 pounds in 4 months! Help me!!!!

Community
Notices

40 pounds in 4 months! Help me!!!!

Old 02-14-2019, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default 40 pounds in 4 months! Help me!!!!

Hey guys! So I am new to the site. So a little background. I am a South African guy living in Taiwan. I just visited home over the holidays, and like us South African do, I ate a lot and drank a lot. I am a short guy, only 5'1 and weighing 185lb. I am fat and gross, feeling tired every day, feeling unmotivated, feeling I cant do stuff, and many more. I am going to Europe this summer (July 2019) and need to loose 40lb in the next 4 months. I will be my first time in Europe, and I want to be able to climb the different towers, hike some mountains, and do all the traveling without feeling like I am going to die. I am overweight, I smoke, i have high cholesterol, and if I don't do something, I might just die!

Guys help me with advice. I am 33, 5foot1, 185pounds, fat, gross, tired and hopeless.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Johan
Old 02-15-2019, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Lose ten pounds a month for the next 4 months? You can try. You should enlist the help of your doctor because you want to do this in a healthful way. You say you smoke and have high cholesterol - your doctor will want to talk about those things, too. If you track the calories you eat every day, controlling that amount will be the key to your weight loss. Activity is important, too,but the saying goes, 'It's hard to outrun a bad diet....' There are no magic substances, just good monitoring of what you eat - if you don't lose all 40 pounds, you will lose at least enough to show yourself how much you've learned about the weight-loss process to keep going.
Good luck!

'
Old 05-04-2019, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure you need to lose that much for that time period to enjoy your trip to Europe. You can lose a little less than that, which may be more sustainable, and still be able to hike and climb without being easily exhausted. And remember—don't resort to crash diets!
Old 05-07-2019, 11:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Stop eating sugar (Carbohydrates)